California based webhosting?

If you know good California based webhosting companies, can list them here? Thanks in advance.

not California but Reno, NV

www.amhosting.com

I've used them for one of my sites for 3+ years now
    no complaints
    both Plesk and cPanel panels

Question California

There are a few big hosting companies in California:
    They are mainly located in Southern California.

iPowerWeb

ValueWeb

PowWeb

Have you tried to Search WHT?
    Life is too short for 56k!

simpli.biz - has good reviews

I would avoid companies in SEOKing suggestion, cause all they are overselling much. Make a search about them, you will see many complains

Gate2vn

Gate2vn - I would like to know if you have experience with all 4 companies I have listed.
    "br0cosmos" is looking for a California based web host and from my experience, ValueWeb and iPowerWeb are 2 of the top players. They are both very large hosting companies that have been in the industry for a long time.
    It is definitely true that you will find more bad reviews for these larger companies, but one must remember that these companies have hundreds of thousands of customers. While many other companies only have a few hundred or a thousand.
    The beauty of this forum is that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But I feel the only people that should speak about particular hosting companies, are those that actually have websites with them.

I've been happy with http://www.lunarpages.com
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

http://dreamhost.com

Been with them almost a year, no complaints here.

MediaTemple and 2Advanced are both CA-based....(probably a little high end than most peeps around here are looking for, though)

Trip
    Last edited by Trip; 11-10-2005 at 02:06 AM.

Let's not forget: http://www.findmyhosting.com/web-hosting-directory.asp

You can sort the hosting companies by the state!

Dreamhost is pretty big. They are based in Brea and IIRC operate their own DC. They're located east of the 57 freeway below Lambert in Orange County

insiderhosting.com is based in Encino, CA . Their datacenter is in 1 Wilshire though.
    Protagonist WebHosting Services
    Blog Hosting solutions:: Cpanel with Rvskin & Fantastico Deluxe
    Providing Reliable Hosting since 2002

Any more companies? I thank people above.

Quote Originally Posted by SEOKing
    Gate2vn - I would like to know if you have experience with all 4 companies I have listed.
    "br0cosmos" is looking for a California based web host and from my experience, ValueWeb and iPowerWeb are 2 of the top players. They are both very large hosting companies that have been in the industry for a long time.
    It is definitely true that you will find more bad reviews for these larger companies, but one must remember that these companies have hundreds of thousands of customers. While many other companies only have a few hundred or a thousand.
    The beauty of this forum is that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But I feel the only people that should speak about particular hosting companies, are those that actually have websites with them.

AND do you care to share your sites that are hosted will all 4 companies?
    You might want to have a look at forum rules here because you are suppose to give a little more info than what you are offering. Anyone thats been in the hosting business any length of time knows those mentioned are bigger co. It would be up to the OP whom he chooses.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Servers in California... Southern California would be awesome but does not have to be.

i am contemplating about location. it would be nice to have hosts near by my hometown but i know that it does not mean it will be good guaranteed. los angeles, on the other hand, i think is good because all the routing goes through los angeles first.

what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by br0cosmos
    i think is good because all the routing goes through los angeles first.

what do you guys think?
    Not true in all cases... BGP4 routing will solve any issues with congestion, etc. etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by br0cosmos
    i am contemplating about location. it would be nice to have hosts near by my hometown but i know that it does not mean it will be good guaranteed. los angeles, on the other hand, i think is good because all the routing goes through los angeles first.

what do you guys think?
    Sounds like you are looking for a host in Los Angeles. Good luck with your search!
    data center directory - The comprehensive data center resource. Version 2.0 coming soon!

try also Hurricane Electric

www.he.net

it does not have to be in l.a. also, valueweb is in florida and he does nto do webhosting.

Yes valueweb is in the east coast of florida... FT. Lauderale area I think. Been with them for 2 months and so far so good as far as dedicated servers go. Cheap too. $59.00 per month

Dreamhost and mediatemple are both at Alchemy in LA (or at least they were during the LA blackouts).

www.2advanced.net is in Aliso Viejo (Orange County).