Need help and guidance

My host, www.kijit.com, seems to be down since yesterday.

Now, I dont have emails for my domains and my site is down.

Im thinking of the worse now, for the reason that I sent a support ticket three days ago, when my host was up, and havent recieved a response, when I normally get a response in 24hr.

Anyhow, I have a back up of my website cart, but not of the other files. I do have a not so recent cpanle backup.

Now, I want to get back up and running the fastest way possible.

I need guidance on how I should proceed. Im a bit of newbie when it comes to hosting.

Regards,
    Patrick

Did you try calling them by phone?
    www.website-hostings.net
    Latest Article:
    Choosing a Web Host: Beware Marketing Tricks

Quote Originally Posted by alafoo
    Did you try calling them by phone?
    No. Good idea. I will look at the domain whois.

Regards,
    Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by camay123
    No. Good idea. I will look at the domain whois.

Regards,
    Patrick
    No so much info there, domain is protected.

Pat

Maybe this is a case of the disappearing host?
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

I looked up their domain history. I'll PM you with the registrant's contact info.

following the IP in your DNS, your account is hosted on a server in interserver DC. might be contact interserver guys and ask if they can take a look at that server? if your host cancelled server there, you will be lucky if interserver hasnt wiped out the data, and they can give you a backup

Quote Originally Posted by gate2vn
    following the IP in your DNS, your account is hosted on a server in interserver DC. might be contact interserver guys and ask if they can take a look at that server? if your host cancelled server there, you will be lucky if interserver hasnt wiped out the data, and they can give you a backup
    Great thx.

Patrick

You may have trouble convincing them to give you access to the data though..that's all very shaky.

Quote Originally Posted by gate2vn
    Hmm... support at interserver told me to contact the owner of the company. I did contact Mike. After exposed the problem, he said :

Why dont you just keep your website with us ?
    Perfect, if possible I would host it with them. I deducted they have the data. But now it's been two days and I havent got a response. Hope they try to money this opportunity.

Regards,
    Patrick

I wouldn't stick with a website with a support like that! If I were you I would look elsewhere!
    Need C Class Diversity For Your SEO Campaigns?

Get SEO Hosting From Arctic Hosting

Patrick,

If you have your data files and your cart is important to you, you want it up & running ASAP, why not just sign up with a new cPanel host and get your stuff uploaded?

Send a pre-sales inquiry to your cPanel prospects first though and find out:

(1) If they will allow you to run your shopping cart on their servers. I don't know what you are running, but some hosts have restrictions on scripts. A cPanel host who has experience in e-comm might be of some help here... up to you.

(2) If they can restore your account for you using the "cpbackup file." That is what your backup file is called, that was generated by cPanel. Make sure that they are willing to get your site set up this way because it will require that a technician do it for you -- real human labor. It is actually quite easy to do but I would still ask.

Now that said, have you double-checked that your domain hasn't simply expired? Are we sure this is a problem on the host side?

If you want to drop me a PM I would be happy to help run some tests to see if we can tell where the problem is -- domain, DNS, server, network, etc. Or if you don't mind throwing your domain name out here, any number of us can pitch in and dig into it ---

At any rate if you sign up w/ a good host who's on the stick, and you do your DNS changes right away, you can have traffic propagating to your new web host within 12 hours of the move. Not all of your traffic, but at least some of it should start trickling in within 12 hours. It'll fully propagate in 48-72 hours.

Anyway just some thoughts. I have a website for my bricks/mortar gift shop, and I know how critical/crazy 4th Q sales are. We're in the thick of it right now. Every minute counts...

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

Hi Bit host,

I am sure my domain did not expired. As you said, I registered with a new host, but did not ask those questions. I do have a cpanel backup, but it is outdated. I then uploaded all my files because I had a recent backup, but, newbie as I am, I did not do a full or partial back backup of the database. Now, Im missing alot since I dont have a recent database back.

Anyhow, thanks for the comments.

Hope to get this resolved fast.

Regards,
    Patrick

I seem to be having the same problems with Kijit hosting. My website went down at the same time, and I've been unable to get any answers.

My website isn't nearly as important/critical, its just a small website for a highschool swimming team. The address is www.BRSwimming.com .

I don't need the information stored on their servers cause its all stored on my pc.

I don't care that I need to get a new hosting service, the money isn't the problem. The problem is that when I registered the domain name, Kijit did it for me. So technically its registered under their name.

How can I change the name servers if I know nothing about where it was even registered?

Please Help! Thanks!

Domain Name: BRSWIMMING.COM
    Registrar: INAMEPRO DBA DYNADOT
    Whois Server: whois.dynadot.com
    Referral URL: http://www.dynadot.com
    Name Server: NS1.KIJIT.COM
    Name Server: NS2.KIJIT.COM
    Updated Date: 31-aug-2005
    Creation Date: 28-aug-2005
    Expiration Date: 28-aug-2006

Does it say who it belongs to? I want to know if Kijit registered it in my name or theirs.

If I email Dynadot, do you think they would change the name servers to the new host? If not, how can I change them?

Thank you for your help, Dormouse

Can't tell more. Got the following message when checking.

The registrar Inamepro dba dynadot's whois server is down
    Brswimming.com is registered by someone at INAMEPRO DBA DYNADOT, we just can't tell you right now because the Registrar's whois server did not respond in a timely manner to our query. It is also possible that the server is not functioning at the moment. If you are in a hurry to find out we suggest you contact the Registrar directly. Typically whois servers come come back online anywhere from 10 seconds to 24 hours later.

Ok, thanks so much.

If it comes up that its registered to Kijit and not me, am I screwed?

Because I've tried getting a hold of Kijit to no avail.

This recent thread has relevant info

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=444728

Quote Originally Posted by Chris92763
    I seem to be having the same problems with Kijit hosting. My website went down at the same time, and I've been unable to get any answers.

My website isn't nearly as important/critical, its just a small website for a highschool swimming team. The address is www.BRSwimming.com .

I don't need the information stored on their servers cause its all stored on my pc.

I don't care that I need to get a new hosting service, the money isn't the problem. The problem is that when I registered the domain name, Kijit did it for me. So technically its registered under their name.

How can I change the name servers if I know nothing about where it was even registered?

Please Help! Thanks!
    Maybe you can also contact www.interserver.net for more info, if you ever need something.

Regards,
    Patrick