Gotta love NullNIC

As a few have known from other threads, I did some work for them. Back in september, I did 250 dollars worth of work, which they were happy and paid for. Later that month I did some more work which they disappeared on and did not pay.

Today I wake up and have a paypal chargeback on that 250 dollars awaiting a dispute...

What a great thing to wake up to.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

No wonder they are called "Null" NIC

That's horrible to hear. Is this them http://nullnic.com/ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven
    As a few have known from other threads, I did some work for them. Back in september, I did 250 dollars worth of work, which they were happy and paid for. Later that month I did some more work which they disappeared on and did not pay.

Today I wake up and have a paypal chargeback on that 250 dollars awaiting a dispute...

What a great thing to wake up to.
    You do have some kind of paper trail right? A signed contract I hope?

Even if you don't, if you have records of your communications in email back and forth, agreeing to the work, price, and agreeing to its completion, you should have a good shot at keeping the funds.

Good luck!

Brian
    :: 1StopWebHosting.com :: - Professional Web Hosting Services
    ::
    :: Featuring the CPanel Control Panel running on CENTOS Linux servers
    :: We offer Shared Web Hosting, Business Hosting, Java / J2EE Servers and Dedicated Server solutions.

Some people really think they can get away with filing a dispute after a jopb has been completed. Really sucks.
    PierreB - Montreal

Quote Originally Posted by bteeter
    You do have some kind of paper trail right? A signed contract I hope?

Even if you don't, if you have records of your communications in email back and forth, agreeing to the work, price, and agreeing to its completion, you should have a good shot at keeping the funds.

Good luck!

Brian
    I sent all the info to paypal. I am just waiting on their decision.. Since it was a service I should get my money back
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Wow, it seems like that site is really trying to rip you off! Hoping they can sliver through and get away with $250. That is really bad business!
    Need C Class Diversity For Your SEO Campaigns?

Get SEO Hosting From Arctic Hosting

What a shame that people like that can hid behind their web site

Numaria.com For peace of mind +44 800 075 8187 +1 800 985 8187
    Shared Hosting Reseller VPS Dedicated Servers SSL Domain Names

Thanks nullnic.. They won the chargeback, now I am out 255 bucks.

That is just wrong, It really goes to show what kind of company the are running. If they treat their vendors like this, I wonder how they treat their clients. Sorry to hear that they SCREWED you Steve, at least anyone looking to possibly do work for them will see this and think again. It just wrong to hire someone and then not pay them once the work is complete, or worse, charge it back. All in all, it was a pretty shady thing that they did to you. What goes around comes around, and I am sure if they keep going like this, they will get it back 10x's worse.

Also illustrates the problems with paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by ResellersHQ
    That is just wrong, It really goes to show what kind of company the are running. If they treat their vendors like this, I wonder how they treat their clients. Sorry to hear that they SCREWED you Steve, at least anyone looking to possibly do work for them will see this and think again. It just wrong to hire someone and then not pay them once the work is complete, or worse, charge it back. All in all, it was a pretty shady thing that they did to you. What goes around comes around, and I am sure if they keep going like this, they will get it back 10x's worse.
    I think the worst part about it.. they charged back 2 months after the work was done and told their cc company it was "unauthorized".