Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need suggestion (asp.net host with multiple sites)

Hi guys!

I'm planning to build some web sites so I need place on web My needs are :

Asp.Net support
    10 different web sites
    Total 3 gb web space
    Total 10 gb bandwidth
    Seperated Ms Sql Server accounts
    Seperated ftp usernames
    50 email accounts
    Easy to use control panel (seperated ones would be a plus)
    Stable servers
    Experienced stuff
    Live support (online chat)
    A real company (with address and phone)

My domain names are registered on Brinkster. Their hosting plans are expensive so I'm looking for another company. What kind of plan should I choose? And a company suggestion please...

Thanks a lot

You forgot to mention your budget!

regards

Their hosting plans are expensive so I'm looking for another company.
    Actually their hosting plans are very inexpensive once you take into account the costs of being in business.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc
    Actually their hosting plans are very inexpensive once you take into account the costs of being in business.
    mediumcube.com are in business since 2001 and they provide economical prices.

regards

Prices are expensive because; Professional package ($7,95/mo) is acceptable for me but it doesn't include Sql Server and they don't sell it as an addon. They told me that if I want to use Sql Server, I had to purchase Developer package and it's $17,95/mo. I can't pay $10/mo more for using Sql Server (yes Developer package has more things but I don't need them).

Note: I can pay up to $150/year.
    Last edited by zatrox; 11-09-2005 at 05:35 PM.

You can consider hostingfest.com at this point, i got a shared plan from them.

regards

Thanks atayyash but I didn't like their webpage I found serverdivision on a search. I think its prices and features are really good.

serverdivision.com/shared.php

I can start with LITE plan and expand the package when I need. But I dont understand, this shared hosting looks like a reseller plan. What's the difference between them? Only seperated control panels?

And can you see any possible hidden charge or deficient feature on this plan?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zatrox
    Thanks atayyash but I didn't like their webpage I found serverdivision on a search. I think its prices and features are really good.

serverdivision.com/shared.php

I can start with LITE plan and expand the package when I need. But I dont understand, this shared hosting looks like a reseller plan. What's the difference between them? Only seperated control panels?

And can you see any possible hidden charge or deficient feature on this plan?

Thanks
    What i can say is this only

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...07#post3480607

HostingFest.com or MediumCube.com are your choices currently for the specifications you gave.

regards

Hosting info pages of HostingFest.com are under construction. And about MediumCube: what does monthly $119.95 mean? Are these men crazy? I can buy the same serice at $19.95/mo from another company...

mediumcube.com/reseller_nt_chart.php

have a look at liquidsix.com and axwebhost.com

They are expensive for me...

Now I've found dotnetmart.com. I read good things about these guys. Standart plan seems good for me. But I can't decide, should I buy shared or reseller plan?

http://www.dotnetmart.com/Reseller.aspx

http://www.dotnetmart.com/Shared.aspx

Standart plans have nearly same prices but why reseller plan is less expensive when it has more features than shared plan? What's the difference?

Hosting info pages of HostingFest.com are under construction. And about MediumCube: what does monthly $119.95 mean? Are these men crazy? I can buy the same serice at $19.95/mo from another company...

mediumcube.com/reseller_nt_chart.php
    Correct, Resellers should pay that amount of money because they will have customers and they need stability.

About HostingFest.com i can see contact page, why you not contact them?

regards

Correct, Resellers should pay that amount of money because they will have customers and they need stability.

About HostingFest.com i can see contact page, why you not contact them?

regards

Yes they need stability but they need money too There are better companies with better reseller plans and their prices are 1/10 of them.. Would you really pay $1440/year ???? Do they sell their company?

Yes they need stability but they need money too There are better companies with better reseller plans and their prices are 1/10 of them.. Would you really pay $1440/year ???? Do they sell their company?
    If you know that, why you post in WHT searching for one???

My Picks

Don't approach MediumCube.com. The owner of this site accquired server division few days back and he resold it to another company. They don't have the capacity to do business professionally and with dedication.

I would highly recommend ASPNIX - http://www.aspnix.com without any doubt.

They provide ASP.NET 2.0 and SQL Server 2005 hosting. Their support is 100% perfect till today.

Wink

If you know that, why you post in WHT searching for one???
    I don't search better ones, I search the best one

Thanks web_host_guy_007 AspNix looks great!

Now can you help me for choosing aspnix or dotnetmart?

Thanks web_host_guy_007 AspNix looks great!

Now can you help me for choosing aspnix or dotnetmart?
    I think Web_host_guy 007 is a serverdivision customer, im wondering how he can recommend a host he dont know!!!

zatrox, search about these two hosters in this forum

regards

they are good

I don't have any idea about dotnetmart but I've used ASPNIX services. Roma @ ASPNIX is a great person with dedication and professionalism.

All I can say is just purchase their plan for 1 month and try out. You will surely post a positive review here. After all they will give 30 days money back gurantee. So if you are not interested/satisfied you can simply request a refund from them.

atayyash, I searched two of these hosting on forum and web but I really couldn't find enough info. There are only some good but short reviews. I'm fed up searching hosting company

I'll search the company quality on my own, but can you help me for their futures? If we compare them, which one is better (futures / price) ?

Hi again! I made spotcheck for 2 domains from alertra..

Spotcheck: aspnix.com
    Time (US/Eastern) Checked From Result KBytes Secs Kbps
    11/10/2005 08:31:58 Orlando USA OK 17.3 0.34 418.54
    11/10/2005 08:31:57 Oklahoma City USA OK 17.3 0.31 457.83
    11/10/2005 08:31:58 Frankfurt GERMANY OK 17.3 0.78 180.83
    11/10/2005 08:31:58 Atlanta USA OK 17.3 0.42 337.37
    11/10/2005 08:31:58 Las Vegas USA OK 17.3 0.36 393.02
    11/10/2005 08:31:58 London UK OK 17.3 0.79 178.26
    11/10/2005 08:31:59 Hong Kong CHINA OK 17.3 1.24 114.51

Spotcheck: dotnetmart.com
    Time (US/Eastern) Checked From Result KBytes Secs Kbps
    11/10/2005 08:31:58 Orlando USA OK 22.5 0.49 374.02
    11/10/2005 08:31:57 Oklahoma City USA OK 22.4 0.22 851.50
    11/10/2005 08:31:58 Frankfurt GERMANY OK 22.5 0.78 235.31
    11/10/2005 08:31:58 Atlanta USA OK 22.4 0.43 423.66
    11/10/2005 08:31:58 Las Vegas USA OK 22.4 0.32 575.68
    11/10/2005 08:31:59 London UK OK 22.4 1.44 127.23
    11/10/2005 08:31:59 Hong Kong CHINA OK 22.5 1.26 146.59

They are nearly at same speed... How can I see their reliability percentage?
    Last edited by zatrox; 11-10-2005 at 09:44 AM.

Go with HostingFest.com - they guys who handled the day to day at Server Division when it was a reliable hosting company formed HostingFest.

ServerDivision has been bought and sold twice in the last month. I had no faith in them because the servers and services were up and down so I left.

I know have my customer sites at Infuseweb.com and all my company sites are at HostingFest.com

If HostingFest is as good as Server Division WAS - then it should be great. And Infuseweb is a great company with excellent service.
    No Signature Required

Infuseweb is so expensive for me and Hostingfest's webpage (hosting plans) are still under construction. I think this shows their quality...

I understand. But I think Infuseweb is worth the money. Tony runs a great ship.

As far as HostingFest.com - the site isn't complete. They are just getting started and right now they are getting everything setup and ready to launch. They aren't officially launched yet, but my understanding is they will be next week.

I just signed up with them today, so I can't say yay or nay about the service, but if they can recapture what they had at Server Division before the sale - then it should be great service.
    No Signature Required

I prefer to see their prices on the web site.

You might get better pricing if you contact them now before they finish the site. I can say their prices are very affordable. You will be happy with their pricing.
    No Signature Required

Now I'm a customer of AspNix. I hope that it's the best choice for me. I'll write my reviews when I have enough experience with them.

Thanks all for your helps.

Good luck

Thumbs up HostingFest Status

Infuseweb is so expensive for me and Hostingfest's webpage (hosting plans) are still under construction. I think this shows their quality...

HostingFest.com is still not open to general audience and signup is currently invite only which has been limited to our friends in the hosting community. We will be opening up for general audience very soon anyone interested in this test period is welcome to contact us from the "contact us" page.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticSilence
    HostingFest.com is still not open to general audience and signup is currently invite only which has been limited to our friends in the hosting community. We will be opening up for general audience very soon anyone interested in this test period is welcome to contact us from the "contact us" page.

Yes, i found the contact page and contacted them, they respond within about 10 min with their packages. Can you help me guys to choose Shared Windows Hosting? I think I'll have a deal with hostingfest.

This is my first post in WebHostingTalk, so hi for all...

Please write directly to us through our contact page or through http://support.hostingfest.com and we will help you out in choosing the plan

Quote Originally Posted by Impressive
    Yes, i found the contact page and contacted them, they respond within about 10 min with their packages. Can you help me guys to choose Shared Windows Hosting? I think I'll have a deal with hostingfest.

This is my first post in WebHostingTalk, so hi for all...

I wouldn't go with any of the companies stated including this new hostingfest.com

Any company that provides Windows hosting for budget prices should really consider the legality of licenses as it is plainly obvious this industry has become a load of pirates and cheats!

How on God's earth can a hosting company afford:

a) hundreds of COMMERCIAL licenses
    b) server costs
    c) earn enough money to make a living and grow a business through structured business plans

When they are charging you $10 per month!!!!!!???!!!!! I read that some of you guys complain that $XX is too expensive so I'll go with company A, but there is a reason why company B charges more. If you cannot afford to pay a little extra for quality and legality, then you are in the wrong business.

From the reviews that I've read and from friends that develop websites, the best valued host is DiscountASP.NET

Also I would be answering these questions to see if the business is setup legally:

1) is it registered? can you verify?
    2) are the licenses legal?

It is very easy for 1 man bedroom outfits to disappear and hide behind a non-registered and illegal business operation because when something goes wrong, you cannot find them or be compensated for loss of business.

Stable servers
    Experienced stuff
    Live support (online chat)
    A real company (with address and phone)
    cheap prices = unstable servers
    to earn any money from the business, the company needs to pack in so many customers that it becomes unstable.

Don't be fooled by claims of experienced staff, anyone can claim they are microsoft certified etc....

A real company not only has an address and phone number, but is legally responsible through law. Stay away from dodgy backyard businesses!

There is a NEGATIVE CORRELATION with price and stability.
    Last edited by 127.0.0.1; 11-12-2005 at 08:39 AM.

Hi

Hey Localhost,

This is what happened to serverdivision. They purchased lot of servers from planet and they offered dirt cheap hosting. The company has been sold to 2 companies within 30 days. They are unable to pay huge cost every month to Planet.

Serverdivision had a good name and fame 2 months back but now not. They have around 5000 clients and many of them are desperately looking for new providers.

Discountasp.net is a good host. I'm not their customer but have heard a lot about them. They only provide shared hosting. Will they provide reseller hosting??

Quote Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1
    I wouldn't go with any of the companies stated including this new hostingfest.com

Any company that provides Windows hosting for budget prices should really consider the legality of licenses as it is plainly obvious this industry has become a load of pirates and cheats!

How on God's earth can a hosting company afford:

a) hundreds of COMMERCIAL licenses
    b) server costs
    c) earn enough money to make a living and grow a business through structured business plans

When they are charging you $10 per month!!!!!!???!!!!! I read that some of you guys complain that $XX is too expensive so I'll go with company A, but there is a reason why company B charges more. If you cannot afford to pay a little extra for quality and legality, then you are in the wrong business.

From the reviews that I've read and from friends that develop websites, the best valued host is DiscountASP.NET

Also I would be answering these questions to see if the business is setup legally:

1) is it registered? can you verify?
    2) are the licenses legal?

It is very easy for 1 man bedroom outfits to disappear and hide behind a non-registered and illegal business operation because when something goes wrong, you cannot find them or be compensated for loss of business.

cheap prices = unstable servers
    to earn any money from the business, the company needs to pack in so many customers that it becomes unstable.

Don't be fooled by claims of experienced staff, anyone can claim they are microsoft certified etc....

A real company not only has an address and phone number, but is legally responsible through law. Stay away from dodgy backyard businesses!

There is a NEGATIVE CORRELATION with price and stability.

Yes you are right localhost
    This specially true if your business is run by someone named "Milan Maras" of serverdivision.com fame.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com.au/showthread.php?t=2163

I know you will agree the most

Hello,

A few word about HostingFest,

(1) It is run by the Tech Team that made ServerDivision worth talking about on WHT.

(2) They Server - I can vouch for AAA+, faster than the best of ServerDivision

(3) ServerDivision support - mediumcube or new owners - Just maybe if you a shared hosting customer with a small website.

We shifted 41 domain to HostingFest within 12 hours, and it was the smoothest ride possible. Our domain are not the brick & mortar pictures & static pages with maybe a forum or database - we Transferred over 15 DNN websites, 5 Shopping carts and 3 custom back-office setups.

Remember, in this business what counts is reliability - what I see at HostingFest make me very happy!.

The only place for Top of the line Systems, Software with Service at competitive prices.
    IndicHosts.net | Hosting Services
    Affordable PHP/MySQL | ASP.NET/SQL | Semi-dedicated web hosting
    Affordable, Reliable solutions. Serving customers since 2003.

Please look at aspnix.com and make an objective decision about my words.

Cool

Hello,

I'm with hostingfest.com now, i purchased one of their shared hosting packages. To tell the truth, they are great and responding to my tickets fast. I'll update my experience with them here when i have new event. Untill now they are excellent. I hope them to stay like that 4 ever.

127.0.0.1, I'm sorry you feel that way. And I'm not sure what inexpensive Windows hosting has to do with legality of licenses or stability. Take iPowerWeb, for example, who host inexpensive hosting plans. Yet they have thousands of customers and are fully legit. How do they do it?

The same applies to Infuseweb. We might not be huge, but we CAN and DO afford to host sites for inexpensive prices, and by the way, are making money. So please take Infuseweb out of your group of "fly by night" hosts. It's incredibly hard work for us, but it's amazing what you can do when you actually care about your customers and enjoy doing what you do.

BTW, not sure if you're aware of it, but there's such a thing as the SPLA agreement, which allows hosts to rent MS licenses for reasonable prices Actually, it's the ONLY way you're supposed to host with MS products. So THAT is how we can afford to do what we do, and do it legally.

And I think you may be failing to realize that hosting is not ALL a business may be offering. Dedicated services, reseller services, software sales, etc, ALL make up whether a company can afford to do what it does.
    Infuseweb Hosting / Infuseweb Store
    Windows/Linux Shared and Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Online Software Store
    www.infuseweb.com / store.infuseweb.com
    1-866-663-2973

I am just starting something....

it really looks like what you are looking for, Pay attention to the traffic though, its not a trick, its part of the deal, for the first 2 months, i will give away free transfer

Oh, i forgot to mention where the something is pxdrive.net

YOZZY
    ---------------------------------------
    Image Hosting
    Web Hosting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast