quota issue in cpanel server

Hello,

I am having a BIG problem with my cpanel server. When I run the fixquota script I am getting the following message. Cpanel and whm shows the quota used by the accounts as 0 Disk usage. I cannot figure out the issue. The seerver is a VPS server. Please see the fstab entry

[email protected] [/]# cat /etc/fstab
    none /dev/pts devpts rw 0 0

I checked with other VPS and found that all are having the same fstab entries. The usrquota entry is not needed here. I cannot figure out what is causing this. Is this any kernel level error?

If somebody have come accross this error please help me!!

Regards,
    David

# /scripts/fixquotas
    Installing Default Quota Databases......Done
    Quotas are now on
    Updating Quota Files......
    quotacheck: Can't find filesystem to check or filesystem not mounted with quota option.

quotacheck: Can't find filesystem to check or filesystem not mounted with quota option.

....Done
    Note: call resetquota with --useplanquotas to reset all quotas to plan defaults
    No filesystems with quota detected.
    Resetting quota for accxxx to 100 Meg....Done
    Resetting quota for advxxx to 100 Meg....Done
    Resetting quota for aerxxx to 10 Meg....Done

Try restarting your VPS. If that doesn't fix it, contact the provider.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

I just found out this thread and I wonder if it is true that VPS users (and all hosts which offer VPS) will not be able to see Disk Quotas (on cPanel accounts) because of the way Virtuozzo handles the filesystems?

Thank you.

Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by Apolo
    I just found out this thread and I wonder if it is true that VPS users (and all hosts which offer VPS) will not be able to see Disk Quotas (on cPanel accounts) because of the way Virtuozzo handles the filesystems?

Thank you.

Jaime
    not true. i have a server with Virtuozzo. my VPS/ cPanel users are able to see disk quotas.

If anyone is still running into this issue with Virtuozzo. Ask your provider if they have enabled 2nd level quotas in VZ as cPanel requires this. Also, I don't remember them off the top of my head but cPanel will spit out several errors when enabling its quotas on Virtuozzo which doesnt mean that quotas will not work. Have a look at WHM and see if its properly displaying your account disk quotas. If it isnt, ask your provider to check on the 2nd level quotas. Most templates I have seen shipped by SWsoft do not have 2nd level quotas enabled by default.

I have the same problem in VPS cPanel on OpenVZ: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=621015