Problem with Incognito Networks

Greetings,

This is to warn people who will deal with Incognito Networks, that some time ago acquired Robotical World.

I have had a hosting account at Robotical World (I don't post site name here). Three month ago I have decided to cancel it (I had no need in that site).

However, my CC was billed. I have contacted Incognito Networks and they promised that this payment be stopped right away. However, a month ago my CC was billed once again. I contacted IN by email - no response.

I have received an email informing me my CC will be billed tomorrow (again - for the account shut down long ago).

If my CC is charged again tomorrow (as an automated email informs), I will post here once more, to warn everyone who plans to deal with IN.

I can't say the service was/is bad. It's quite good. The support is good, as well. But this inability to stop the recurring payment does indicate there ARE problems, and the first - how IN deals with former customers of the company they acquired (ignoring their requests).

I'd be also grateful to IN if they refund the wrong charges (little though they are).

Konstantin

Have you tried giving them a call to have them remove your CC from file?

Quote Originally Posted by WN-Ali
    Have you tried giving them a call to have them remove your CC from file?
    No, I didn't.

First, it is their responsibility to check everything they "inherited", without my reminding several times.

Second, my spoken English isn't that fluent and perfect.

Third, I see no sense to spend anything on international calls if there are electronic means of contact.

Fourth, if a hosting company ignores email requests from former customers, it should be considered, so to say, not very trusted.

IN still hasn't responded. Not a single word. As it did before.

You should first take care your CC. Call your bank to stop recurring payment. Then, you can contact them for a chargeback.
    Easy Image Hosting - http://easyimagehosting.net
    Your ultimate image hosting

Quote Originally Posted by lilyfr2k
    You should first take care your CC. Call your bank to stop recurring payment. Then, you can contact them for a chargeback.
    I had to contact their payment gateway, 2CO, to accomplish that. But it isn't normal to do that way each time a hoster can't control who's charged for what.

This happened to me before with host4you. They charged me even I had stopped business with them. Some hosts seem unable to handle that themself.
    Easy Image Hosting - http://easyimagehosting.net
    Your ultimate image hosting

No host is perfect but when a host says it's stopped an taken care of it then there are no other excuses. The simple way to get your money is as it was suggested earlier to call your Credit card institution and have them do a chargeback.
    PierreB - Montreal

Quote Originally Posted by PierreB
    No host is perfect but when a host says it's stopped an taken care of it then there are no other excuses. The simple way to get your money is as it was suggested earlier to call your Credit card institution and have them do a chargeback.
    Done, already (chargeback/payment cancellation). What I want now from IN is any reaction to my request. If the payment is stopped, all I wish is to stop receiving bogus notifications.

keep trying to e-mail them. If they don't respond it is either they have mail filters on and your mail goes as spam. Or they totally ignore you just for the sake of it. I think the chargeback will make them move.
    PierreB - Montreal

They responded yesterday (4 days after the email request has been sent). Very quickly, so to say. Nothing special, they asked for subscription ID (which they should know, as they 'inherited' all the Robotical World customers).

Waiting for further responses. Judging by the speed they answer at, in 2-3 months the issue will be solved completely.

To add to the original thread. Right now I have once again received this message:

Code:
    Greetings Konstantin,

Your account, *********, is due in 1 day and will be billed for 2.9 via 2Checkout.

No action is required on your part, this is just a reminder.

Thanks,
    Web Support Team

This email was generated on: 01/09/2006 12:15:04 am
    Needless to say, the account (I have removed actual site name) is no longer billed and no longer it is related to Robotical World/Incognito Networks.

So their support is useless/incompetent, if they can't stop this annoying mailing.

Quote Originally Posted by masterbo
    To add to the original thread. Right now I have once again received this message:

Code:
    Greetings Konstantin,

Your account, *********, is due in 1 day and will be billed for 2.9 via 2Checkout.

No action is required on your part, this is just a reminder.

Thanks,
    Web Support Team

This email was generated on: 01/09/2006 12:15:04 am
    Needless to say, the account (I have removed actual site name) is no longer billed and no longer it is related to Robotical World/Incognito Networks.

So their support is useless/incompetent, if they can't stop this annoying mailing.
    If you have contacted us about this issue then you would have been courteously informed that we are not in control of those e-mails being sent out. The old owner of RWHosting (from whom your account and others were bought out) still has his old billing system online, sending out e-mails to upcoming renewals. We have attempted to contact Mr. Chen regarding this inconvenience, however he has not replied to any of our e-mails or phone calls. We would like to stop these e-mails, however at the present time it is not possible.

The billing issue above was resolved promptly by our 24/7/365 support staff. You were not over-billed for your hosting. If you have any ongoing issues from your old account, please feel free to contact us for technical support through the methods posted on our website.
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

If he had to do a charge back I dont think it was taken care of promptly.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

Quote Originally Posted by IncognitoNetworks
    If you have contacted us about this issue then you would have been courteously informed that we are not in control of those e-mails being sent out. The old owner of RWHosting (from whom your account and others were bought out) still has his old billing system online, sending out e-mails to upcoming renewals. We have attempted to contact Mr. Chen regarding this inconvenience, however he has not replied to any of our e-mails or phone calls. We would like to stop these e-mails, however at the present time it is not possible.

The billing issue above was resolved promptly by our 24/7/365 support staff. You were not over-billed for your hosting. If you have any ongoing issues from your old account, please feel free to contact us for technical support through the methods posted on our website.
    I *did* contact you several times, from the very moment I was first billed for the service I didn't use any more. I had to contact 2CheckOut directly and ask them to help me to contact you and cancel the recurring payment, since there was no reply from you.

Today it was the first time, after several previous ones, when your support has replied promptly to my request. Indeed, they replied that they can't stop the mailings, but it wasn't the first time I asked about emails and/or recurring charges.

I will simply block the bogus charge notifications, since they can't be stopped. No other pending issues with Incognito Networks.

Quote Originally Posted by SJRHosting.com
    If he had to do a charge back I dont think it was taken care of promptly.
    No chargeback was made by masterbo, his payment subscription was just cancelled.

We apologize for the inconvenience masterbo, we'll continue working to contact the old owner and get those invoice e-mails stopped.
    Last edited by Shaw Networks; 01-09-2006 at 12:33 PM.
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

All the major inconveniences are in the past. Perhaps this part of the bogus email header could help you to handle the problem (I have sent the complete headers to your support today):

Code:
    Received: from dallas3.incognitonetworks.com (NS1.MECHHOSTING.com
    [70.84.110.164])
            by XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (Postfix) with ESMTP id D2E3A147C5B1
            for <[email protected]>; Mon,  9 Jan 2006 01:15:07 -0500
            (EST)
    Received: from localhost ([127.0.0.1] helo={www.incognitonetworks.com})
            by dallas3.incognitonetworks.com with smtp (Exim 4.50)
            id 1EvqJ7-0000BU-14
            for [email protected]; Mon, 09 Jan 2006 00:15:05 -0600
    Subject: [39] Your account is due in 1 day
    I have cloaked my email and SMTP I use. The notifications use your network's mail gateway (so they can be detected and stopped).

May all the such problems be gone altogether.