Best Free Image Gallery

Please tell me which is the best and free Image gallery available which allows all the customization and also give the view like this website (http://www.3dtotal.com) Click galleries on top.

Site5 offer these 3 galleries..please tell me which one is best from this too.

4images Gallery (website)
    Coppermine Photo Gallery (website)
    Gallery (website)

***Image Galleries, Bulletin boards require database to connect and store. Please tell me after enabling these things from CP, database automatically created or have to create it seperately.

I like using Gallery. It depends on your needs though. Gallery is simpler and easier to use.

4images Gallery doesn't seem to require the GD library.
    Michele Bugliaro Goggia, designer SUP in visual communication
    webmaster: www.ufopsi.com

I've had experience with Coppermine (it is actually what we use to run our free image hosting site), so I would recommend that. It is a good all-around package that offers very robust features, control, etc. Plus, it comes with some really good themes!
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

Me too. I've tried Coppermine and rated it 5*. Highly recommended for free gallery!
    Easy Image Hosting - http://easyimagehosting.net
    Your ultimate image hosting

Image Galleries, Bulletin boards require database to connect and store. Please tell me after enabling these things from CP, database automatically created or have to create it seperately.

And coppermine can customized like the gallery i mentioned on the top post.

Hi!

I imagine Site5 has a script installer for Coppermine. Also, yes - Coppermine can be customized, if you know coding and whatnot.

Well I dont know coding and database connectivity, so that's why i am want to know that will be easy to run a forum with gallery without knowing database connectivity.

Gallery 2 looks like it could be the best out there (gallery.menalto.com), I would give it a shot. Very customizable.

Trip

Ive worked with Coppermine.

Its easy to modify.

I recommend it

ashras99 as mentioned you should have an installer in the control panel that will step you through the installation process. You shoul dnot need to coding or database experience to do this part.

Of these Gallery may be the easiest to skin. Check thier website for direction of this. It requires modification of a few files. Coppermine is also skinnable. Coppermine wil have many skins already available and you can find people to create and install skins for you.

If you are concerned about coding you can always hire someone to help you setup the gallery and skin it too look like you want.

ok, thanks for this information. Please also tell me that bulletin boards like "phpbb" also dont require any database/coding experience and those are also easily maintainable without any experience ?

Yes, phpbb is a very-easy-to-use bulletin board system, and is also included in most script installers.

Coppermine and Gallery are the best scripts out there, I use them for my personal familly pictures. easy to setup. With the installer inside your control panel it should create the database for you.
    PierreB - Montreal

Personally, if you plan on using scripts, I would recommend you learn the basics about the way the work, how to upgrade them (something you must keep track of and do regularly), make backups (script and database), restore them etc. Not knowing and not doing these, can prove to be a very expensive thing, as attested by countless stories on this board.

As you mentioned make backups of database, but when our hosting service already doing this everyday, then there is any need of doind at our end.

Yes there is a need to do this. If your host goes out of business, there will be no way to recover this information. Also, if you decide to switch web hosts, your current host may cancel your account prematurely and not allow you access to your files. And finally, your host's data center could be attacked and physically wiped out, and again, the data will be completely lost.

ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS keep a backup yourself.

coppermine seems to be a good.

I tired using Gallery but was way to complicated to use after setup. I tried Coppermine and its pretty nice. Easy to setup and manage although Gallery does seem to have a bigger userbase and a few extra features.

Also there is a nice galery addon for phpbb called Smartor Photo Album

Here are a few sites I use Coppermine on.

http://www.discoverbbc.com/gallery
    http://www.evolver.ca

So daily backups are required or once in 3 days will also work. and when any host going out of business then they inform there customers in advance that please take your data backups because we are shutting down our business

I would have to go with "Gallery". It's very simple, easy to use and a lot of people like it's interface -- because of the simplicity Also it integrates pretty nicely into PHP Nuke.

I had to give up on Coppermine because my Win server hasn't any GDlibrary.

Quote Originally Posted by ufopsi
    I had to give up on Coppermine because my Win server hasn't any GDlibrary.

Why not get your host to install GD or Imagemagick? Imagemagick takes like 10 min to install and GD take two second to uncomment in php.ini and restart Apache. Unless its using IIS which might be a bit harder but I dont know as I only use Apache on windows.

Everybody has asked. Their reply is:
    Dear Sir/Madam,

Regarding your request for libGD to be installed on windows server. This is something that has been requested on quite a few occasions, and it is something that our developers may well implement in the future, however we cannot make any specific guarantees in this respect unfortunately. I'm sorry that I cannot offer any more advice in that respect.

If you have any more queries please get back to us.

Quote Originally Posted by ufopsi
    Everybody has asked. Their reply is:
    Hmm odd but I guess it might not be too simple in IIS. Here's a google search http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=...e+Search&meta=

Looks like there are a few quirks but also looks like people can get it installed with no problems.

Move to another host that have better support.
    Easy Image Hosting - http://easyimagehosting.net
    Your ultimate image hosting