Up-To-Date Control Panel?

Is it possible to get a control panel that has software this is updated regularly? I am using Plesk 7.5.4 and it still has MySQL 3.x and PHP 4.x. I could update it, but it's not supported. Also, the Plesk Application Vault has scripts that are old too. What's the point of self installing scripts that is a month old?!?

Does CPanel or DirectAdmin keep their components updated?

web-cp does not use specific versions/packages so you can install any version or package you like. You could even use something like apt, yum or up2date to keep your packages updated.

i am also interested in such a control panel please help....

Ashok Shah

Ok so I'm assuming CPanel and DirectAdmin have the same problem as Plesk? They're unable to update to the most recent versions of software packages because they don't want to "break" their control panel integration?

Quote Originally Posted by 241comp
    web-cp does not use specific versions/packages so you can install any version or package you like. You could even use something like apt, yum or up2date to keep your packages updated.

Actually, you can easily upgrade PHP & MySQL using 'yum' with Plesk. I've used 'yum' to upgrade Plesk a few times without any trouble at all and PHP 4.4.x and MySQL 4.1.x is supported.

Check the thread over at Ev1 for complete information on how to upgrade:

http://forum.ev1servers.net/showthre...5&page=1&pp=25

As for CPanel, it does offer the ability to streamline updates, though updates to PHP have to be done via EasyApache (CPanels Apache/PHP compiling script). This allows you to select the version of PHP you wish to install and what you wish to configure with it.

DirectAdmin is pretty much PHP/MySQL independent (have one box running MySQL 4.0, another on 4.1, and testing 5.0 on another one) as well as php4.x and php5.x.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

With Cpanel you can do upgrade easly.

Most control panel will not have the bleeding edge versions of apps as they need to test every aspect of each app to make sure that everything is working before deployment.

Therefore, if you want the latest and greatest, I'd recommend that you do not use a control panel and just do it old school, which is installing everything separately.
    Dedicated Servers. Resellers Welcome.
    www.dediwebhost.com

Thanks for the link. It's really useful...the problem is that even if I do install PHP/MySQL/xyz and it doesn't work 100%, my host and Plesk does not support it if I "do it myself" so I am stuck.

Is it easy to update all software in CPanel and DirectAdmin or just PHP/MySQL? I'm the type that likes to try PosteSQL, SpamAssassin, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by SPJon
    Actually, you can easily upgrade PHP & MySQL using 'yum' with Plesk. I've used 'yum' to upgrade Plesk a few times without any trouble at all and PHP 4.4.x and MySQL 4.1.x is supported.

Check the thread over at Ev1 for complete information on how to upgrade:

http://forum.ev1servers.net/showthre...5&page=1&pp=25

As for CPanel, it does offer the ability to streamline updates, though updates to PHP have to be done via EasyApache (CPanels Apache/PHP compiling script). This allows you to select the version of PHP you wish to install and what you wish to configure with it.