Question Cpanel or Plesk or Webmin?

Anyone can give me some suggestion?

Cpanel or Plesk or just Webmin?

for Centos 4.x

Thank you.
    Volunteer Webmaster for a Not-For-Profit organization. Salute to all of the great people here who make the Internet growing!!

It depends on what you are trying to do, what you are willing to pay and how much you know about managing and administering Centos.

Cpanel and Plesk are good in its own way if you are planning to set up a web hosting business as that is the main purpose of those control panels. Cpanel is quite popular and contains quite a lot of features. Plesk on the other hand is quite stable but less comprehensive compared with Cpanel. You may also consider Direct Admin as an alternative.

Webmin on the other hand is more a web based Server Management Tools. It does not exactly there to set up websites for you or run a web hosting business. You could however get it to work together with Usermin and Virtualmin to give a basic hosting control panel.

If you are looking in terms of popularity then Cpanel would be the one to choose but then again, you would just be a 'me-too' business.

I agree with eddy2099

It depends on what you are trying to do, what you are willing to pay and how much you know about managing and administering Centos.
    And if you are planning to set up a web hosting business as that is the main purpose of those control panels. Cpanel is quite popular and contains quite a lot of features.

Regards,
    1+1=!

If you narrow your list on these control panels, I would go with cPanel. However, I see DirectAdmin is much more stable than cPanel. You might want to check them out

DirectAdmin is also simpler with lower overhead.

Thank you very much!

So if I just want to host one website, and not in the hosting business, the functions provided by webmin is enough?

You mentioned DirectAdmin. Its functions are similar to webmin or more comprehensive like those provided in Plesk/Cpanel?

Thank you!
    Volunteer Webmaster for a Not-For-Profit organization. Salute to all of the great people here who make the Internet growing!!

direct admin is more full featured like cpanel/plesk

Quote Originally Posted by Take-IT-EZZI
    I think Plesk is the best.

Why?

Because I have less support tickets relating to Plesk, cPanel breaks itself from time to time, and Webmin is a lot more than a Webhosting Automation thing...
    If you want to talk about Webhost Automation, check out H-Sphere (Though, Plesk is also very decent).

If you're hosting only one site, then don't run any control panel.

I like the low overhead of DirectAdmin myself.

CPanel will always be a great CP, but DirectAdmin looks promising i have not used it.
    RackRhino Server Locations: MO, MI, NY, FL, UK
    Shared, Dedicated, Managed & Reseller.

Quote Originally Posted by nonprofit
    So if I just want to host one website, and not in the hosting business, the functions provided by webmin is enough?

Go for webmin

webmin is not that easy for starters.

you can download plesk also, i believe plesk is free if you only host 1 domain on your server.

i've used directadmin for a couple of years and i like it very much.

Its like "mercedes, BMW or 1981 Fiat"? Fiat is good if you'll use it in a vilage... mecedes and bmw - if you're taxi driver.
    Radijas internete - fm.lt - online radio stations, 400 best world radio station to listen with one click! !

@ e-view, what if I like Ferrari ...

CPanel is less expensive, less buggy, more user-friendly and much popular than another linux based control panel. My personal experience of CPanel is much better compare with Plesk. Haven't tried DA yet, so can't say much about it.

Blessed.

Is plesk a HOG or is it just the demo? I was just there and it took for EVER to load. It seems to have a lot, and probably works well with a VPS seeing as Virtuosso was written by them. I decided I don't like it.

I use cpanel, it's ok, but some things aren't too hot, like if you click on delete a database, there's no 'confirm' Poof, it's gone. I am use to it.

I looked at directadmin demo, and I think I am in love. I'd and going to compare it to what cpanel does (of what I use anyway) and if it does the same, then that's the panel I want.

i loooove cpanel

cPanel all the way!

Plesk = Mercedes
    Cpanel = Ford Pinto. Hit the brakes the wrong way and the server blows up just like a Pinto :-)
    TeleSouth Network Inc.
    Dedicated and Managed Servers
    11 years of Service and Support with Excellence
    http://www.telesouth1.com/dedicated.php

It depends on your customers....
    for 3-5 domain go with webmin...

If you are hosting company .... go with Plesk...