Billing/Order/Client Management for webdesign business?

Hey,
    I run a design business in Northern Ireland and I'm starting to build up more and more customers.

I think it's time for some sort of management system but everything I know of is specific to hosting.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    John Diver
    CanaryHotspot.com - Canary Island forum and information
    InternationalChatForum.com - International Travel Chat Forum and information

Hey,
    I run a design business in Northern Ireland and I'm starting to build up more and more customers.

I think it's time for some sort of management system but everything I know of is specific to hosting.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    While a system may be primarily targetted to hosting providers some may be doubly good to use for other aspects.

Have you possibly looked into oscommerce? I believe that system is used by many.

I'm sure there are also many around like oscommerce also, I'd recommend doing some diligent google searching for things such as oscommerce alternatives and so forth, should help yield some results .

Best of luck in your ventures John D.

what kind of managing are you looking to do. Just a customer database?

Thanks Justin, I will take a look at those

I would like a billing and management system that does everything for designers that the systems I have used do for hosts.

I was hoping there was a system that would allow customers to view updates on their work, receive status reports on projects and allow them to interact in some way with the designers.

There are a huge number of web design businesses on the net, just like hosting (Although not as many) so I thought there would have been a full blown system for designers.

I am getting more and more work at the same time and I have a few people working for me so having everything in one central place where the customers can also get updates and interact would really help.

I don't really mind about price as long as it is reliable, good support and does most of what I need.

If not, I'm sure I can work with a system that is more generic and just modify it so it does what I need
    John Diver
    CanaryHotspot.com - Canary Island forum and information
    InternationalChatForum.com - International Travel Chat Forum and information

Something like perlbill would probably suit?
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

i use http://www.basecamphq.com/ for my design customers. Good price for what it does !!