Question Dual Head Laptop

I've been searching for a dual head laptop for a while and I can't seem to find any product that doesn't need a port replicator, docking station or similar gizmos.

Can anyone recommend me a decent laptop that has a dual head video card?
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

I don't know of any std notebooks that come with dual external monitor support. Almost all support using both the LCD display along with an external monitor. When at the office thats how I use my Thinkpad, I have my outlook open on an external monitor while I have tthe other things I'm working on displayed on the LCD.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Not sure if it's possible to drive two separate monitors, but I know the newer (ie made since Feb 2005) Powerbooks w/ 128mb VRAM (15" 1.67 or 17") have dual-dvi capability which is needed to drive the 30" apple lcd. Might want to explore that more to see if it's possible to find/make a Y cable to split that dual DVI output out.
    Jeremy Johnstone
    Personal Blog: http://www.jeremyjohnstone.com/blog

Exactly my point. There isn't a suitable laptop that has a dual head without a Y cable or port replicator.

I really need one, as the LCD from the laptop is clearly not enough workspace, another screen is also not enough, as I need 2 more apart from the laptop screen and not in the cloning mode, as all 3 would have to show different windows on it.

I've been thinking about the replicator thing, to have the secondary screen in a very high resolution so I can split the screen and run 2 applications on the same "wide resolution", but I don't think there are laptops that support over 3000 width
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

How about getting a VT Book pc-card video card. It supports two monitors (1 VGA, 1 DVI) add to that the notebooks own external VGA out and you can have three external monitors.

http://www.pcmall.com/pcmall/search/...=1&incimage=on
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

That is great Tom, thank you.

Now, if there would be an external card that would work with USB that would be even better.
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli