Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Hosting :: No-one Perfect

which hosting u recommend , every hosting has bad reviews .
    like i asked for 27hosting , a lot of bad reviews
    pow-web and ************ has also same status

then where should one go ?
      0 Not allowed!

You will not find a host with 100% of its customers are satisfied. There is, however, a handfull of hosts reviewed here on WHT with a lot (say 90%) of positive reviews, you can safely go for one of them.
    www.website-hostings.net
    Latest Article:
    Choosing a Web Host: Beware Marketing Tricks
      0 Not allowed!

a handfull of hosts reviewed here on WHT [have] a lot (say 90%) of positive reviews
    One of them is my host, FluidHosting. They're just about as good as you can get for the money. PM me for my site with them if you wish.
    Trip
      0 Not allowed!

alafoo or some else can say us have 90 % of positive reviews on WHT? plzzzz
    ( M.a.c. = M.aL.) " LovErs & FriEnDs "
      0 Not allowed!

No company ever gets 100% positive reviews, because all companies are run by humans and all users are human.

Just go for the one with the least bad reviews, if that makes sense.
      0 Not allowed!

Maybe it's best to go with a company that has some sort of satisfaction guarantee so that you can ensure that you'll be satisfied.
    PacketAce
    Because packets were meant to be delivered.
    Premium Mzima Bandwith at Equinix - Secaucus, NJ
      0 Not allowed!

Maybe it's best to go with a company that has some sort of satisfaction guarantee so that you can ensure that you'll be satisfied.
    The advice is sound in principle, but one must love marketing talk. A full refund won't make me satisfied in the least, for ultimately I still lose something: my time.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by roboxooo

*** means the host name is banned for violating the forum rules, BUT what I would recommend is asking close friends or relatives whom they host with and go from there. Bad news travels much faster than good news so keep that in mind. Lots of customers do not travel the hosting forums writing glorious reviews on their host. For the most part, reviews that are written here come from clients that found the host here or are active to some degree here at WHT.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999
      0 Not allowed!

Someone's dream could be anothers worse nightmare. As mentioned above, not every single customer would have the same opinion, its guarantee to get mixed reviews.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc
    The advice is sound in principle, but one must love marketing talk. A full refund won't make me satisfied in the least, for ultimately I still lose something: my time.
    We're Now offering a free time machine with each money back guarantee

hahaha. But seriously, one of the hosts that I've seen with many positive reviews is site5
      0 Not allowed!

I've seen a lot of great reviews for Host Gator. I know of a lot of happy users of Host Gator, including Dan from WHReviews.com. A list of good, honest web hosts is available at his website, www.whreviews.com. He knows what he is talking about, so don't be afraid to heed his advice.
    John Morris
    Warp-Factor Technologies - Shared, Reseller, VPS & Dedicated Hosting
    E-Mail: john[AT]warp-factor.net AIM: iiwebwizardii
      0 Not allowed!

Be Careful

In this current world, you have to be careful. You can however take some precautions.

Opt for 1 month hosting first. Don't go for 1 year hosting without testing their service. Hosts may give you drastic discounts if you opt for 1 year hosting but in long run that will prove costly for you.

You should contact the host for nearly 5 or 6 times before payment. Also check whether they have given their complete postal address, telephone number etc on the site.

Toll free numbers are a waste if you are outside USA.

You should also check the whois info of their domain to ascertain the correct owner of the domain.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by roboxooo

Just avoid the ones that seems to promise the world but will probably not deliver them. eg USD$3/month for UNLIMITED everything including space and bandwidth. This is not to say that you will be ok with the ones that charges USD$10/month for 50mb of space and 1gb of transfer a month however it will be less probable for such company to have problems.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc
    I couldn't agree more. I would also add "effort" lost.
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog
      0 Not allowed!

Well we have been personally victimized by a former "client" (less than 24 hours a client in fact) who decided to go to EVERY hosting review site and post false negative reviews about us as well as post on many forums, this one included.

My advice would be to use those review sites as one source of information, but also talk to other people who are hosting sites and are happy with their host. You should also make a list of the features you require & the features you'd like to have (but aren't critical) as well as an estimate of the hard drive space and bandwidth you need. Then you can better evaluate which hosts have packages that fit your budget and requirements.

Finally, I agree with the above poster that you should avoid hosts that promise gigantic amounts of bandwidth and drive space for very little money, as that is not realistic. You should also ensure that any host you sign up with offers a money back guarantee (yes I understand you still lose time, but better to lose time and not both time and money) and makes regular offsite backups of their servers.

Good luck!
      0 Not allowed!

As everyone has already said no host has 100% of good reviews. If I were you I would look for good reviews on hosts. Gather a few and do further searches on them. You may not find the right host right away, but sometimes you have to go through bad hosts to get to a good host. This will help you know what a good host is.
      0 Not allowed!

Best way to find a new host is ... just start with one and go and stop looking when you have found a home.
      0 Not allowed!

One thing you can do is to read the posts in the hosts forums on a daily/regular basis. Should give you an idea of how many negative posts, which areas are problematic & whether the host removes negative posts.

Not much use for hosts that don't have user forums or don't have many posters but can be helpful for the others.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ariel74
    Well we have been personally victimized by a former "client" (less than 24 hours a client in fact) who decided to go to EVERY hosting review site and post false negative reviews about us as well as post on many forums, this one included.
    They still have the 24 hour phone support on your site,false advertising. I never said anything about ariel host that is false.
    Last edited by mike49085; 11-08-2005 at 07:06 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Trip
    One of them is my host, FluidHosting. They're just about as good as you can get for the money. PM me for my site with them if you wish.
    Trip
    Must agree, some of the finest people working there.
    PierreB - Montreal
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mike49085
    They still have the 24 hour phone support on your site,false advertising. I never said anything about ariel host that is false.
    Sigh. Why do you keep following me around to every forum and continue to post lies?

Reference: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=456185

Didn't you receieve 24 hour phone support? Yes you did.. at 3:00am, 12:30pm, 2:00pm, and 3:00pm.

You've already killed your reputation on WHT in the last thread, you ought to give it a rest.
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs down

Sigh. Why do you keep following me around to every forum and continue to post lies?

Reference: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=456185

Didn't you receieve 24 hour phone support? Yes you did.. at 3:00am, 12:30pm, 2:00pm, and 3:00pm.
    Yes I recieved phone support 3 hours after I left a message on thier answering machine that said they would call me back within a hour. I have my phone bill to prove it. It might not seem like a big deal but the bottom line is what they advertise is false and thats illegal. They act like they did me a favor by providing the services they advertise.

I also want to thank everyone that sent me a private message that didnt want to get in the middle of this saying that ariel host should have settled this more professionaly by emailing me and resolving the matter in private. I guess thats why ariel has so much time and nothing else to do but to search my posting name and find all my post. I can go find all the forums ariel has followed me around in and put the link up but I'm not imature like they are. I have never seen someone so bitter about one negative review. Its as if I was the only customer they ever had. They are creepy. With the thousands and thousands of hosting companys out there ariel is the one that should be worried about reputation. I dont advertise a business ,they do but arent intelligent enough to realise that. Or maybe ariel just needs some traffic to the sight because they know that I brought them the most traffic that they ever had since they have been in business so they keep bringing me up in thier post.
      0 Not allowed!

Y
    I also want to thank everyone that sent me a private message that didnt want to get in the middle of this saying that ariel host should have settled this more professionaly by emailing me and resolving the matter in private. I guess thats why ariel has so much time and nothing else to do but to search my posting name and find all my post. I can go find all the forums ariel has followed me around in and put the link up but I'm not imature like they are. I have never seen someone so bitter about one negative review. Its as if I was the only customer they ever had. They are creepy. With the thousands and thousands of hosting companys out there ariel is the one that should be worried about reputation. I dont advertise a business ,they do but arent intelligent enough to realise that. Or maybe ariel just needs some traffic to the sight because they know that I brought them the most traffic that they ever had since they have been in business so they keep bringing me up in thier post.
    Mike,

when you go around hosting forums such as this one and a few others to trying to destroy a host's reputation, it is only right for them to come and defend.

And if they have no right to defend, then why are you REPLYING to post Ariel make? aren't you defending yourself? or are you just as immature as they are? and have so much time and have nothing better to do?

If you don't want to drive traffic to their site, then perhaps YOU should settle this privately instead of going around hosting related forums and started threads about how bad Arielhost is.

As for those private, unless you can prove them, then I will take it as they don't even exist

ps. I hope you are not having an anxiety attacks which does happen to mature (older in age) person?
      0 Not allowed!

Yes I recieved phone support 3 hours after I left a message on thier answering machine that said they would call me back within a hour. I have my phone bill to prove it.
    You have a real problem with the truth. You left your first message in the wrong place. You left your second message in the right place, and you received a call back in the amount of time indicated. You admitted this on the Talkfreelance post that you made. Stop lying.

Here is the thread in case you forgot:
    http://www.talkfreelance.com/thread7675.html

Mike, what specific issue did you have that you did not receive help with?

1). Question #1: How long does it take for a domain to transfer?

2). Question #2: How do I log in to my web based control panel?
    Status: Answered. We even sent you a clickable link since you couldn't copy & paste for some reason.

3). Question #3: I'm trying to log into the site builder but it doesn't work.
    Status: Answered. Click on "Drag & Drop Site Creator", not "FrontPage Extensions".

4). Question #4: I can't log in to register a domain.
    Status: Answered - you have to type your user name and password correctly.

5). Question #5: FrontPage Extensions won't install.
    Status: Fixed about 15 minutes after you asked, and installed for you.

6). Question #6: I would like my money back.

7). Question #7 (ironically AFTER you had already posted your negative reviews - but we still helped you): How do I change my nameservers?
    Status: Answered live, sent a follow up email to make sure you got it.

Where did we not answer your questions? All of your questions were answered right away, except for the first time you called the support line and pushed the wrong button.

What didn't work? OK you couldn't figure out how to use FTP. We could have helped you with that, but you never asked. You did find a legitimate problem with FrontPage Extensions, but as noted in #5, it was fixed.

Where did we not provide the service as advertised on our web site to you?

Can't answer that one? I thought so.

Don't you have anything better to do with your time than go around to review sites and post false and misleading information? Would you like it if I started Mike threads all over the place posting lies about you? I think you would not.

Sad.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rois
    Mike,

when you go around hosting forums such as this one and a few others to trying to destroy a host's reputation, it is only right for them to come and defend.

And if they have no right to defend, then why are you REPLYING to post Ariel make? aren't you defending yourself? or are you just as immature as they are? and have so much time and have nothing better to do?

If you don't want to drive traffic to their site, then perhaps YOU should settle this privately instead of going around hosting related forums and started threads about how bad Arielhost is.

As for those private, unless you can prove them, then I will take it as they don't even exist

ps. I hope you are not having an anxiety attacks which does happen to mature (older in age) person?
    I never said they dont have the right to defend themselves but they are going to extremes.

Now if I proved that the private messages where true they wouldnt be private would they? I respect the privacy of the people that sent me those messages.
    Last edited by mike49085; 11-09-2005 at 11:16 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

I never said they dont have the right to defend themselves but they are going to extremes.
    And you don't think you are going to extremes by posting in at least 2 other major forums? As they all say, for every reaction, there is always an opposite and equal reaction. Which means for every post you make, in theory, Arielhost should reply one also. So if you say they are going to extremes when defending themselves, then you should ask yourself if you are going extremes when attacking them.

It takes at least 2 tennis players or 1 tennis player and a wall, one on each side of the court for the ball to be able to go back and forth.

Now if I proved that the private messages where true they wouldnt be private would they? I respect the privacy of the people that sent me those messages.
    When other members of this forum say that to me, I will believe their words. But when someone who has been ranting about how bad a host is in at least 3 forums... Are you respecting the privacy of Arielhost by posting supposedly bad things that happened to you when hosting with Arielhost?
      0 Not allowed!

And you don't think you are going to extremes by posting in at least 2 other major forums? As they all say, for every reaction, there is always an opposite and equal reaction. Which means for every post you make, in theory, Arielhost should reply one also. So if you say they are going to extremes when defending themselves, then you should ask yourself if you are going extremes when attacking them.

It takes at least 2 tennis players or 1 tennis player and a wall, one on each side of the court for the ball to be able to go back and forth.

When other members of this forum say that to me, I will believe their words. But when someone who has been ranting about how bad a host is in at least 3 forums... Are you respecting the privacy of Arielhost by posting supposedly bad things that happened to you when hosting with Arielhost?
    Go tell these people how imature they are too.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=444364
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=458848
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=459073
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=457651

Theres alot more negative reviews but I have things to do.

Also notice the companies they had negative reviews about didnt follow them around and call them liars (maybe the companies sent them a private email to resolve the situation so the customer doesnt post more negative reviews in other forums) or stalk them all over the internet. I think ariel is a creepy person for having nothing else better to do but find all the forums I post in and even finding out a different name that I use in a few different forums.
      0 Not allowed!

Go tell these people how imature they are too.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=444364
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=458848
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=459073
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=457651

Theres alot more negative reviews but I have things to do.

Also notice the companies they had negative reviews about didnt follow them around and call them liars (maybe the companies sent them a private email to resolve the situation so the customer doesnt post more negative reviews in other forums) or stalk them all over the internet. I think ariel is a creepy person for having nothing else better to do but find all the forums I post in and even finding out a different name that I use in a few different forums.
    Hmm let's see. I am quite the detective. I have _one_ customer out of over 100 under two different web hosting brands that has posted a negative review. Plus, the domain in your signature is your name on the other forum you are mentioning.

I have no idea what forums you are posting on (nor do I care), other than forums where I already post or advertise. So if I see you posting false information, you can bet I'm going to respond. By the way, YOU were the one who jumped into this topic. I made no mention of you, I was only giving advice to the original poster. In fact, I have never started a thread about you, I have only responded to the insane attacks you keep making.

By the way, I notice that you did not respond to my post above asking where we did not provide the advertised service. No surprise there, because we did, and you can't.
    Last edited by Ariel74; 11-09-2005 at 01:31 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

[QUOTE=Ariel74]Hmm let's see. I am quite the detective. I have _one_ customer out of over 100 under two different web hosting brands that has posted a negative review. Plus, the domain in your signature is your name on the other forum you are mentioning.

How did you know I used my signiture in other forums?
      0 Not allowed!

Hmm let's see. I am quite the detective. I have _one_ customer out of over 100 under two different web hosting brands that has posted a negative review. Plus, the domain in your signature is your name on the other forum you are mentioning.

I have no idea what forums you are posting on (nor do I care), other than forums where I already post or advertise. So if I see you posting false information, you can bet I'm going to respond. By the way, YOU were the one who jumped into this topic. I made no mention of you, I was only giving advice to the original poster. In fact, I have never started a thread about you, I have only responded to the insane attacks you keep making.

By the way, I notice that you did not respond to my post above asking where we did not provide the advertised service. No surprise there, because we did, and you can't.
    If you dont care about what forums I post in then why do you follow me around in all of them? My responce to your advertised service is that its false advertising to say you have 24 hour phone support. It should say 24 hour answering machine. Also your lying about me leaving a message in the wrong place. Like your in some huge building with different departments. Give me a break. I left two messages with both "departments". So stop with all the lies.
      0 Not allowed!

[QUOTE=Ariel74]

I have only responded to the insane attacks you keep making.

QUOTE]
    You need help.
      0 Not allowed!

If you dont care about what forums I post in then why do you follow me around in all of them? My responce to your advertised service is that its false advertising to say you have 24 hour phone support. It should say 24 hour answering machine. Also your lying about me leaving a message in the wrong place. Like your in some huge building with different departments. Give me a break. I left two messages with both "departments". So stop with all the lies.
    First of all, can you please contain your outbursts to one message at a time? There is no need to spam the forum with three replies to one post. There is an edit feature that you can use if you forget something. Thank you.

Second of all, there is indeed a difference between calling sales and technical support at our company. We have 5 full time techs and after hours support (after regular business hours, Eastern time) is supplied by a different person each night. That person carrries a pager which alerts them when a call is placed. If you leave a message in a mailbox other than technical support, it does not page a technician (honestly, do we want to wake someone up at 3am for a sales or billing question that can wait until 8am the next morning? No, of course not).

When you put your message in the correct box, you were called back within an hour. You admitted to this in your post at Talkfreelance that I referenced above. Why are you changing your story now?

By the way, we offer many different means of support:
    1). Help Desk System
    2). Telephone
    3). Email
    4). Forum
    5). Live Chat directly on the web site

You placed many telephone support calls with us (all listed in my post above). The most you had to wait was one hour - your first call. On the other three calls you made, 2 were answered within 10 minutes and one was answered live. I have all of the phone logs for our toll free number for the last two months, and I did verify this after your first post (on Talkfreelance), just to make sure that the ball wasn't dropped on our end.

So again, how did we not provide the advertised support for you?

Why do you keep up these insane attacks against my company?

Would you like it if I posted a review of you as a client, full of a bunch of misleading or unthruthful things, on a bunch of forums? Think about that for a while.

p.s. I'm hardly "following" you around. Who knows where else you're attacking us? As I said, in forums where I advertise or post already, it will be responded to.
    Last edited by Ariel74; 11-09-2005 at 02:03 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

First of all, can you please contain your outbursts to one message at a time? There is no need to spam the forum with three replies to one post. There is an edit feature that you can use if you forget something. Thank you.

Second of all, there is indeed a difference between calling sales and technical support at our company. We have 5 full time techs and after hours support (after regular business hours, Eastern time) is supplied by a different person each night. That person carrries a pager which alerts them when a call is placed. If you leave a message in a mailbox other than technical support, it does not page a technician (honestly, do we want to wake someone up at 3am for a sales or billing question that can wait until 8am the next morning? No, of course not).

When you put your message in the correct box, you were called back within an hour. You admitted to this in your post at Talkfreelance that I referenced above. Why are you changing your story now?

By the way, we offer many different means of support:
    1). Help Desk System
    2). Telephone
    3). Email
    4). Forum
    5). Live Chat directly on the web site

You placed many telephone support calls with us (all listed in my post above). The most you had to wait was one hour - your first call. On the other three calls you made, 2 were answered within 10 minutes and one was answered live. I have all of the phone logs for our toll free number for the last two months, and I did verify this after your first post (on Talkfreelance), just to make sure that the ball wasn't dropped on our end.

So again, how did we not provide the advertised support for you?

Why do you keep up these insane attacks against my company?

Would you like it if I posted a review of you as a client, full of a bunch of misleading or unthruthful things, on a bunch of forums? Think about that for a while.

p.s. I'm hardly "following" you around. Who knows where else you're attacking us? As I said, in forums where I advertise or post already, it will be responded to.
    Well somehow you found me here
    http://forums.webhostdir.com/showthr...ighlight=ariel
    and here
    and here
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=456185
    To name a few.

What outburst are you talking about?

if you have full time techs why did I get a answering machine???????????????

These arent "insane attacks" it just started out with a simple question here
    Then you flamed it or spammed it I should say.

You are posting untruthful reviews about me right now on a bunch of forums and I'm only defending myself.
      0 Not allowed!

You are posting untruthful reviews about me right now on a bunch of forums and I'm only defending myself.
    Show me the thread I started about you. Oh wait - you can't.
      0 Not allowed!

This is quite a childish reply. I would just ignore his comments and do what you we're suggested to do in the prenium forums.
    PierreB - Montreal
      0 Not allowed!

You dont have any reason to.
      0 Not allowed!

If you are really unsure about a host, make sure they have a money back guarantee. That way you know you have the security of switching in a worst case scenario.
    Heeren Gandhi
    HostElement Web Hosting
    http://www.hostelement.com
    The Essential Web Hosting Solution!
      0 Not allowed!

Mod/Admin,

I recommend to just close this thread and close every other thread that mike49085 post in that has anything to do with Arielhost.

Mike49085 seems to be just happily posting negative comments about a bad experience eventhough the OP was not asking Mike's opinion about Arielhost.

Thank you.

Mike49085,

Why don't you carry this on at Arielhost's forum? there you can post till the sunrise and no one will defend Arielhost there Let this forum be free of Spam! and Useless post!

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by PierreB
    This is quite a childish reply. I would just ignore his comments and do what you we're suggested to do in the prenium forums.
    Frankly IMHO it is not childish, its just a stressed out reply. I do feel for Arielhost as he has had to read posts made by Mike49085 in a few other forums and not only in WHT.
    Last edited by rois; 11-09-2005 at 08:26 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Mod/Admin,

I recommend to just close this thread and close every other thread that mike49085 post in that has anything to do with Arielhost.

Mike49085 seems to be just happily posting negative comments about a bad experience eventhough the OP was not asking Mike's opinion about Arielhost.

Thank you.

Mike49085,

Why don't you carry this on at Arielhost's forum? there you can post till the sunrise and no one will defend Arielhost there Let this forum be free of Spam! and Useless post!

Thank you.

Frankly IMHO it is not childish, its just a stressed out reply. I do feel for Arielhost as he has had to read posts made by Mike49085 in a few other forums and not only in WHT.
    I would be happy to carry this on with ariel host but they owe me an apoligy for calling me a liar. They need to take responsability for their business and not blame a customer who tried to use a service that they advertise they provide. Ariel could have avoided alot of negative reviews if they would have emailed me about the situation instead of flaming my threads to get publicity.
    Until I get an apoligy for them calling me a liar why would I not post negative reviews and rate them at hosting rate sites?
      0 Not allowed!

Mike49085,

From a neutral prespective, it looks like you are the lier. Therefore you are the one who should be apologizing to Ariel.

From a customer's point of view, it still looks like you are the lier. Therefore you are the one who should be apologizing to Ariel.

From the 99% of WHT readers, I believe, it still looks like you are the lier. Therefore you are the one who should be apologizing to Ariel.

End of Story
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast