DNS propagation speed

I modified DNS of my domain name 3 days ago, the new settings have been effective more than 10 hours in USA area. however, they are not available in Canada area. Is that normal? How long time will I await? Thanks.

there days I found domain propagation from from 1and1 was realy slow.

it depends on the ISP DNS Cache

check them from dnsstuff.com on the right bottom corner there is "ISP cached DNS lookup"

also check it from dnsreport.com checkdns.net dnscheck.com etc..
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

I've had some of my domains resolve within 1-2 hours (lucky? I suppose so) As Bashar states, it depends on how quickly your ISP's DNS servers are...they shouldn't go longer than 72 hours though for most companies.

i had ones as fast as 5 minutes, reg/add to dns/visit (making sure no visits before registering the domain to avoid non-existing cache entry)

thanks for Rapid DNS
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

I have had a few go active in less then 2 minutes
    Domain Maven

I got another question, say, today, at 9:00am I may access the site new DNS settings point to, but went back to old DNS settings at 9:30am from the same computer. what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by surfmanjoe
    I got another question, say, today, at 9:00am I may access the site new DNS settings point to, but went back to old DNS settings at 9:30am from the same computer. what happened?
    probably your ISP has 2 nameservers and one of them has cached entry and the other isn't

try this if you're on windows:
    Start -> Run -> cmd -> ipconfig /flushdns

sometimes it helps