Thread: some questions

some questions

Ok im looking for a cheap hoster for my game, i would problay need only 5-10mbps transfer rate, the game server isnt very big so i dont need much hd space and with prolay 512 mb of ram. But i have a few questions first
    1. how do i get the files to the server
    2. how do i run my gameserver.exe from here when im not at the computer
    3. how will i be abel to restart the server
    4. how will i be able to edit the files
    5. how much will a server liek the one specified cost me?(im kinda broke right now so i need something kinda cheap)

What os do you need Windows or Linux?
    Snapya

You should try www.clanservers.com they offer game server slots.

They offer 10 man slots from $19.95 per month with free voice server and webspace and also the choice to move to 4 locations per month if you wish.

Just a suggestion saves you lots of money and all the hard work of uploading the game and stuff is done for you.

Thanks
    Martix

thanks for the advice of the clan server site but its not really a fps quake doom unreal type of game and thats all they host more like a ragnarok online or WoW server

Well I am going to assume that this is a windows based server application

1. Generally speaking you access the files on your server via FTP, but you can also use remote desktop.
    2. How do you run AIM when you are not at your computer? Start it on the server and let it run
    3. Log in with remote desktop, go to start -> shut down
    4. Edit the files either with remote desktop, or download them via FTP, edit them locally, upload them again.
    5. 5-10Mbit can be done for $100ish a month (maybe a bit more if you need windows).
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

ok thank you how do you go about getting like a 10mbs at home?

At home? It is not quite a good idea to host this machine at home, you should be looking to lease a dedicated machine or co-locate one with a proper datacenter.

http://www.layeredtech.com
    http://www.hivelocity.com
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com