Ok im looking for a cheap hoster for my game, i would problay need only 5-10mbps transfer rate, the game server isnt very big so i dont need much hd space and with prolay 512 mb of ram. But i have a few questions first
1. how do i get the files to the server
2. how do i run my gameserver.exe from here when im not at the computer
3. how will i be abel to restart the server
4. how will i be able to edit the files
5. how much will a server liek the one specified cost me?(im kinda broke right now so i need something kinda cheap)
Well I am going to assume that this is a windows based server application
1. Generally speaking you access the files on your server via FTP, but you can also use remote desktop.
2. How do you run AIM when you are not at your computer? Start it on the server and let it run
3. Log in with remote desktop, go to start -> shut down
4. Edit the files either with remote desktop, or download them via FTP, edit them locally, upload them again.
5. 5-10Mbit can be done for $100ish a month (maybe a bit more if you need windows).