Is a dual xeon too much??

Hello,
    First sorry for my poor english.

My website is growing up and is time to get dedi. Actually I use 80GB bandwith / month on shared, and this number is growing about 10GB month. Plus next year I plan to offer more video downloads and i Think that we can reach close to 200gb/month. This site is very database intensive with close to 10.000 registered users, though I dont run a forum.
    I have a reseller account too, with about 15 clients with news/ecommerce low traffic sites.
    I looking for a 2.4 xeon from EV1, Windows Web Ed, 2mb ram to host my and my clients websites. As a ASP / .NET developer I need windows, so *nix is out of question. Just now I setting up a home server to learn the server management and plan to get a "real" server by january 2006.
    I look for this configuration looking ahead for future needs from my website and host more small clients.
    Is a dual xeon 2.4 too much?? The server wil run Web, DNS, Database and Email servers.
    Looking ahead for your advice, Thanks.

Sadly only you can answer this question. None of us know your application well enough to be able to tell you =/

On a helpful note (maybe) it's a lot easier to start with a dual xeon then to have to move to one later on.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

I think you would be fine with a single cpu server but if you're looking to expand a dual xeon is right for the job
    Devoted Host
    Quality Shared and Reseller Web Hosting
    http://devotedhost.net/
    MegaBlog!

it will be good dual xeon with 2gb ram is good
    GNU/Linux system Engineer
    Contact Me: 00201003338749

You can never have too much server, but you can pay for more than you NEED.

If you can afford it, get the dual xeon and give yourself plenty of growth room (hopefully) if you buy "just enough" server you'll be upgrading when your traffic and requirements increase (hopefully it'll increase right?).
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Well there is an easy way to determine wether you need dual cpu's or not. Check your current server loads. If your current server loads are at 7 or higher, then they are likely listed as "red" which means that its time to get more processing power behind your package.

I used to have CPU loads of around 6 and when I went dual they dropped to around .8 or so.

More power is always better than less power.

Its fine if you have more at first as your site grows, you don't have to keep on moving it to a better box.
    Beer is Good.

Biol has a good point too....but his suggestion is only good if you have the money to do it that way. Going single CPU vs. Dual can save you like $360 a year. I mean why spend it if you dont need it?

I use centOS 4.2 with a dual xeon 2.4ghz - I push about 20Mbits averaged with a lot of php and a few databases. My load is around .25 - A single 2.4ghz would have worked fo rme but this was the package that had 2GB of ram and its not like I'm complaining about an extra CPU.

I think If you are going to run some database intensive apps you may want to go with a Dual opteron solution. The opterons run databases much more efficiently than a xeon setup, if you have a decent budget as well which I am assusming you do I would look into scsi drives as well, it will give you the most flexibility when dealing with expansion