Thread: Reseller site

Reseller site

Hello,

I was just wondering, based on own personal opinions, do you think hosting sites that use ready made templates put themselves into a bit of trouble. Would you say it makes them look less reliable? professional?

All comments welcome, thank you.

j0nAsh

for me, yes absolutely. since most of them are so obvious that they are templates. this is one of the easiest approach to estimate a hosting company.

i'd rather see a very ugly layout that a good looking templates when choosing a company.

for all the years, i have never sign-up to hosting company using templates.

Quote Originally Posted by eric418
    for me, yes absolutely. since most of them are so obvious that they are templates. this is one of the easiest approach to estimate a hosting company.

i'd rather see a very ugly layout that a good looking templates when choosing a company.

for all the years, i have never sign-up to hosting company using templates.
    My problem is I know html, CSS etc etc but my graphics are awful. Not sure what I should do. Have considered paying for a site to be built yet I'm not sure how well that would work.

You should pay someone for a quality website. If you plan on having a free/non-unique design for your hosting company's website, you're pretty much committing business suicide.
    Good luck

Using a template can have a negative impact, but in some cases, it may be positive. Some may not be able to tell and some may just not care at all.

Someone not experienced with hosting may not care if it is a template or not. But some that is tech savvy and has hosting experience may decide otherwise.
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

Quote Originally Posted by PE-Steve
    You should pay someone for a quality website. If you plan on having a free/non-unique design for your hosting company's website, you're pretty much committing business suicide.
    Good luck
    Have been having a look around, can you recommend any? Reliable and not too expensive.

What type of website are you looking for? What types of websites do you admire? All of that information would help!

Flash banner, technical looking. Generally a flash site where the whole site follows the same layout, with exception of conetent. Obviously.

may be lots of host sites use the ready to use templates, when visitor visit the site, may be he want some good content about your services, products and more about your site means content friendly is good but site design is also metter of visitor..

I used to be strongly against hosting companies using templates. However, we just recently switched back to using a template ourselves, and for a pretty absurd reason: Our original, custom design had been ripped twice, and I figured if I was going to have the same site as everyone else, I might as well use a template and have less hassle for myself!

I personally don't at all see a problem with a host using a template.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

I as a customer could care less about how fancy a host's site is. I have been to a few really nice looking hosting sites that have lousy navigation and I would never consider purchasing hosting from them. As long as the site is easy to navigate and has all the information I need easily available, I would consider them. It wouldn't matter how simple the design was, in fact I prefer simple to all the flash crap.JMHO
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

I like your last sentence, Ed. So many other hosts I've worked with get the uber-dorky flash templates and I tell them that these will just irritate clients - but they just won't listen.

But anyway, you made a very good point in that last sentence alone. Flash irritates those who do not have the latest and greatest machines - use it sparingly!!!
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

I was just wondering, based on own personal opinions, do you think hosting sites that use ready made templates put themselves into a bit of trouble. Would you say it makes them look less reliable? professional?
    If you choose a clean design, use proper grammar and spelling and target the right market, template or not, you'll do a good job. The outside world knows surprisingly little about the ways of the internet, the existence of templates, and many other things.

It's not the "flash" that sells, but the words that you use throughout the site and the way you respond to presales inquiries. Keep that in mind.

Now, if you can justify the thousands of dollar to get a completely original well designed website site, sure, go for it. If you can't, make the best use of the many quality templates available out there, make use of your HTML knowledge to edit the template a bit, and make it a bit different from the way it looks "out of the box".

Just my 2 cents...

Thank you all for the replies, very helpful.