* New Server setup problems

I got a new server with a “fully managed” highly recommended Company. It has been online for about 36 hours and I am still having many problems.
    I have a couple of questions.

When I look at “Show IP address usage” in WHM, I see a name for another host “host.something.com” When I go to do a trace route of my main IP it takes you to that name. How do I get that name removed from my “Show IP address usage” list?

Should the Nameservers be listed in the DNS records? Under edit DNS Zone I see they are and had the wrong IP assigned to them. I changed the IPs and they are working now after 36 hours. Should they be in there? I have a dedicated with another company and I do not see Nameservers NS1.####.com NS2.####.com when I look at the “edit DNS zone”

If the server is fully managed should you contact the support team. They should be able to tell you exactly which IP´s should be used and how to setup the hostname correct. It can be a bit hard helping out with IP addresses and so on when you don’t know how the server is configured.

Quote Originally Posted by FanCube
    If the server is fully managed should you contact the support team. They should be able to tell you exactly which IP´s should be used and how to setup the hostname correct. It can be a bit hard helping out with IP addresses and so on when you don’t know how the server is configured.
    If it only was that easy.
    After 36 hours and numerous tickets the issue is still not resolved. I am just looking for a little guidance to point me in the right direction. Some time it is easier to do it yourself. I have goolgled and searched for these and other answer. These are two that I have figured how to resolve.

Is there a way that I can manually remove this reference to the other host form my WHM “show IP address usage” list? Can anyone tell me where to find that file on the server? I am using Centos 4.2. Maybe this should be under the Technical not Dedicated subject area?

If after 3-4 days you get no answer to your support tickets... I would suggest you should really consider using the "30 days money back" button.

If they can't help you with the initial configuration, what will happen whether something really nusty occurs in the future.

Does anybody know a way I can take a domian name out of the "show IP address usage" on WHM as I said I am using Centos 4. As I said this hosting name is not mine. They claim it is an old customer of theirs.
    It has been over two day and the company (who I don't want to trash) has not been able to do this. I think I made a mistake going to a reseller with no phone support and support provided in India.

First off, you buy a managed server solution and the company does not reply to your mails, then they claim that the error is due to the configuration made by the old customer… When a server is getting a new owner should it always be reformatted… Personally would I find a new provider.

About your problem: Not sure if I have understood the problem correct, but if you want to change host name should you go to WHM – Networking Setup – Hostname.

Quote Originally Posted by FanCube
    First off, you buy a managed server solution and the company does not reply to your mails, then they claim that the error is due to the configuration made by the old customer… When a server is getting a new owner should it always be reformatted… Personally would I find a new provider.

About your problem: Not sure if I have understood the problem correct, but if you want to change host name should you go to WHM – Networking Setup – Hostname.
    Most of the problems have been fixied. What I don't think I am making clear is that my server name is listed under the "show IP address usage" in WHM but there is also another company ****.***hosting.com which name appears and after more than two days my dedicated company still has not removed it. They have replied often saying that they are working on it and have made some other changes in the DNS records. So I am looking for a way to fix it myself. It seems that at one time this company had the IP which has been recentley assigned to me.

Been a while since I was looking for that information. Check the entries in:
    /etc/nameserverips
    /etc/domainips
    /etc/hosts

If it is showing host.somthing.com on the traceroute then its the rDNS entry.

Open a ticket and ask them to remove the rDNS entry or have it changed to host.yourdomain.com

in almost all datacenters now adays you will not have rDNS authority and the datacenter will have to do it for you. Just because the entry is there does not mean the server was not reloaded.
    Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: [email protected]

Thanks the company solved it.

I would take money back and find new provider,how can an old customer be there after OS reloaded?Or they never reload OS when they give it to new customer?Must move fast