Billing System and Automated Responses

Good Afternoon.

First of all I would like to admit that I am a newbie so if any of the questions I ask seem silly, please forgive me.

I have recentlt acquired a reseller account so as to sell hosting to my clients. This not being the main focus of my business, but an additional add on, I have much to learn. The reseller I have signed up with provided me with WHM and cPanel.

From what I can ascertain cPanel (through Fantastico) allows me to install phpCOIN and AccountlabPlus. Not knowing these two programs I need to ask this question.

When I add a new account how do I automate the process of e-mailing the client the details of their package along with all the relevant login names and passwords for their cPanel, FTP and e-mail?

My host sayys that they use WHM Autopilot (which I unfortunately did not get with my version of WHM and I understand I have to buy a license to utilise it.

However due to this being a start up venture I would like to keep my capital and monthly costs to a minimum until the business can pay for itself and I can afford to buy into applications such as that.

So in all, what is the best billing system that I can get for free (I hate that word) that will allow me to automate the process when signing up a new client in WHM and cPanel?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

CJ

Just as a note, while WHM.AutoPilot has the letters 'WHM' in it, we are in no way associated with cPanel Inc. or the cPanel/WHM host control panel - we're a seperate company altogether.

Also, as of a couple weeks ago AccountlabPlus is no longer free (although you may be able to get it for free if your host has a server license) and so phpCoin is the only free billing system available that I know of.
    Alasdair

Quote Originally Posted by tickedon
    Just as a note, while WHM.AutoPilot has the letters 'WHM' in it, we are in no way associated with cPanel Inc. or the cPanel/WHM host control panel - we're a seperate company altogether.

Also, as of a couple weeks ago AccountlabPlus is no longer free (although you may be able to get it for free if your host has a server license) and so phpCoin is the only free billing system available that I know of.
    Apologies for the misunderstanding regarding the link between yourselves and cPanels WHM.

Unfortunately AccountlabPlus is not free through my provider so I am left with having to in all probability utilise one of the licensed products. However I still need to know which is best for the automated responses as outlined in my initial post.

There are no good free systems. Whois.cart (www.whoiscart.net) is cheap at $35, but you would be much better off with a system such as Clientexec or Modernbill. Again, they are not free but cheap.
    Hostime Managed Hosting
    Opening the bridge between your business and the world.
    http://www.hostime.com

I have done a fair bit of searching and have realised that you guys are right, there are no decent free systems out there.

Will have a look at what is available and make a decision based on affordability, stability and ease of use.

this was actually one of the main reasons I went with resellerzoom. It came with Clientexec, which I knew in the end would save me more money than going with a host that charged $5-10 less a month.

AWBS is probably also worth a look as it's similarly fairly cheap and appears pretty full featured.

Well I think the two options that are most suited are whoiscart and accountlabplus.

Well I think the two options that are most suited are whoiscart and accountlabplus.
    Why would they suit him? Those products can not be compared to the others mentioned in this topic... Clientexec, Modernbill, etc.
    Hostime Managed Hosting
    Opening the bridge between your business and the world.
    http://www.hostime.com