Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I was thinking it would be a good idea for a few of us with 15,000+ posts, to set them back to zero, if the community would donate $X to a charity. Bit like shaving your head for a good cause. I'm up for it. How about it Dennis and Jan? Feel like giving up those post counts for charity? I'm game.
    • AussieHost.com • Aussie Bob, host since 2001 •
    • Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!! •

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob
    I was thinking it would be a good idea for a few of us with 15,000+ posts, to set them back to zero, if the community would donate $X to a charity. Bit like shaving your head for a good cause. I'm up for it. How about it Dennis and Jan? Feel like giving up those post counts for charity? I'm game.
    But when people shave their heads, they usually like the hair they have. You have stated many times that you don't care about your post count and wanted it back to 0. I say leave them as they are
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Let's be honest, we all love our post counts, no matter how much we play that down.

Let's be honest, we all love our post counts, no matter how much we play that down.
    That post is bookmarked now

In any evnet I would probably chip in a few bucks to see the post count dropped, it would be kinda fun to have to dropped X amount per dollar raised.

Example: Every dollar would = 10 posts dropped from the three of you, or something of that sort. Would be kind of fun, especially with a good charity or something in mind.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Doh!

Yeah, it could actually work. I'd like to get wiped back to zero posts, but it would have to be for charity, and a bit of fun too.

Not sure what Dennis or Jan would think of this. Sounds fun though, and it would be for a good cause.

Not sure what Dennis or Jan would think of this. Sounds fun though, and it would be for a good cause.
    If you hide things away in very long threads, how are we to know about your idea?

Thread split
    If you don’t like the road you’re walking on, start paving a new one.

I would donate depending on the charity the money was going to.
    Hostime Managed Hosting
    Opening the bridge between your business and the world.
    http://www.hostime.com

Hey Bob instead of all that, maybe ya could get Dennis or Jan to merge my postcount with yours. Win win. You go back to zero like ya would originally and you're still doing a charity for someone. Nice thought, but Dennis or Jan could just up their postcount to the original # after all's said and done... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by varg
    Hey Bob instead of all that, maybe ya could get Dennis or Jan to merge my postcount with yours. Win win. You go back to zero like ya would originally and you're still doing a charity for someone. Nice thought, but Dennis or Jan could just up their postcount to the original # after all's said and done... lol.
    I don't think that Dennis or Jan would do that if they agreed to this.

Quote Originally Posted by adam
    I don't think that Dennis or Jan would do that if they agreed to this.
    No, just saying they could.

Ok I am not one for donating to charity but I will donate to charity provided Dennis and Jan are involved.

Also while we're on about charity, how about Dennis and Jan Auctioning there positons here at WHT, the person that donates the highest amount of money get to be a Moderator for a day. The one with the highest gets to be Dennis for a day and the second highest gets to be Jan for a day. Of course what ever decisions and duties they carry out during the course of that day become binding and can't be alter after Dennis and Jan resume there positions.

Now I'm sure the bidding would get very bouyant.

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

How about the inverse? Donate money to increase someone's post count. That way anyone can participate, not just those with insanely high number of posts.

According to some*cough artie cough* your words are meaningless if you have a low post count and intelligence is only gained through scoring a larger post count. Are you guys ready to give up your intelligence and go back to the rankings of the "clueless"?
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor
    Ok I am not one for donating to charity but I will donate to charity provided Dennis and Jan are involved.

Also while we're on about charity, how about Dennis and Jan Auctioning there positons here at WHT, the person that donates the highest amount of money get to be a Moderator for a day. The one with the highest gets to be Dennis for a day and the second highest gets to be Jan for a day. Of course what ever decisions and duties they carry out during the course of that day become binding and can't be alter after Dennis and Jan resume there positions.

Now I'm sure the bidding would get very bouyant.

Doc
    Dr Hill, I must say... you have one of the ugliest websites on the planet...

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptical
    Dr Hill, I must say... you have one of the ugliest websites on the planet...
    Thank you for the compliment, not only have you notice my site but have now highlighted it to the world.

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    House calls a specialty

I recommend a $10 donation takes out 100 Posts, this way a member like Aussie Bob can generate $1500 in donations.

EDIT* BTW I'm ready to participate even if my post count is relatively low at 1,772
    Last edited by GoTek-JP; 11-04-2005 at 11:24 AM.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting

It would never work, unless it was somehow with the toy drive like last year.

Crikey I saw this thread and thought my WHT account was hacked or something. Then I realised Jan started this thread with a post I made a few days back.

Jan

Anyhooooo, I'm up for it, if Dennis and Jan are in. Maybe some of the 10,000+ post club could join in too? Just a thought, and we could raise some money for a charity or something, while having some fun.

. . . Also while we're on about charity, how about Dennis and Jan Auctioning there positons here at WHT, the person that donates the highest amount of money get to be a Moderator for a day.
    I wouldn't wish those positions on anybody.

But then again, it could be kinda fun messing around with the ../admin section of WHT.

I'll put my post count up too.

I say we pay to reduce the post count of who we choose. Make it a game, like on survivor, where you knock out other players peices, then they go after yours and whatnot. Good concept, but whoever has the power to reduce the post counts probably wouldnt be up for going in and reducing the counts..

Or maybe we could have like a million dollar post count or something milliondollaresque
    You are unique, just like everyone else.

Thank you for the compliment, not only have you notice my site but have now highlighted it to the world.

Doc
    LMAO we all know it's a spoof, and a good one at that!

I will donate $1 to have Bob's postcount reset to 0 ... That's how much I value (your) post counts
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

Me having a higher post count than Aussie Bob? I like the sounds of that

It'll cost ya then.

It'll cost ya then.
    I'll donate if for every post you lose, I gain one

Quote Originally Posted by Hostex Australia
    I'll donate if for every post you lose, I gain one
    Now if you were to donate $1.00 per post you would only need 6,500 to get infront of Bob. That's not much money for a bloke like you. only $6,500.00 USD.

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    House calls a specialty

$1 per post !!!!
    CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    According to some*cough artie cough* your words are meaningless if you have a low post count and intelligence is only gained through scoring a larger post count. Are you guys ready to give up your intelligence and go back to the rankings of the "clueless"?
    Hah! With 9000+ posts I'd be the last to think many of my posts even come close to intelligent.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

I would definetly give a bit to charity to see this, any excuse to give to charity I guess... even though it would be funny to see them back on zero.

We could then place bets on how long it would take them to get back to 15k
    Seeksadmin.com Owner: Providing Security, Administration and Optimization since 2001

Now Offering Windows Serivces.

How about something LIKE the Toy Drive...

For everyone that donates $5.00 or more, they can have an avatar for that month, or while the charity is still running? I've seen some people complain that WHT lacks avatars, well, why not for everyone whom donates $5.00 or more, they get an avatar for the life of the charity?

I think you guys are really onto something. With the Christmas season approaching, this would work out great. I'm really liking the Avatar idea, as long as users have the ability to turn them off if they want.

I'd be willing to donate a decent amount to cause some rank changes

Good work.

I don't know exactly how many WHT members have post counts greater than 5,000, but I'd venture to say not that many. Therefore, why don't we also open this up to those with post counts greater than 5,000? It's sure not that easy to get 5,000+ posts, and I'd consider participating if Bob and others did. I might even donate some.

Why doesn't someone make a site for it, like the WHT toys site from last year? I would, but I don't think I'd ever get around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by SniperDevil
    I don't know exactly how many WHT members have post counts greater than 5,000, but I'd venture to say not that many.
    There are 32 as I write this
    If you don’t like the road you’re walking on, start paving a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse
    There are 32 as I write this
    More than I thought, but still not that many, compared to WHT's number of users.

I dont think it's such a great idea.
    How would we distinguish the newbies from the old timers ?

lol

Quote Originally Posted by ilyash
    I dont think it's such a great idea.
    How would we distinguish the newbies from the old timers ?

lol
    Hey, I'm an old-timer, by many standards.

Quote Originally Posted by SniperDevil
    Hey, I'm an old-timer, by many standards.
    Old Timer .. You've only been here a couple of years, unless of course your talking about your age.

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    House calls a specialty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast