Experience being reseller

Does anyone have experiance being a reseller of e-payment services?
    I see so many complains on most resellers, either from support point of view or billing, or any other.

I am thinking of developing a site reselling e-payment options from some trusted "big fish" merchant provider. Site with good support, in-time billing, fraud-prevention, etc.

Maybe someone from you already researched this area or even tried something.
    Questions are:
    -whom do you recommend to resell
    -market demand (any info you possess and want to share )
    -would you be inetersted in using such service for your commerce
    -what are risks you see in reseller stuff

Comments appreciated

Thanks

We are resellers for www.cdgcommerce.com. (We also use them for USD processing.)

Very nice company to resell for, and most importantly, their service/support is outstanding. This is most important, because the way THEY treat our clients is a direct representation on us. Sure, there are "better" deals around.. but for the sake of a few $$, I would rather resell (and use) a company that treats its clients the same way we do. With care and respect.

Highly recommended.
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy
    Very nice company to resell for, and most importantly, their service/support is outstanding. This is most important, because the way THEY treat our clients is a direct representation on us. Sure, there are "better" deals around.. but for the sake of a few $$, I would rather resell (and use) a company that treats its clients the same way we do. With care and respect.

Highly recommended.
    truly, support is the first to look at when you choose.. unfortunately those I contacted already didnt show much care.

Authorize.net for example responded to second email only in 2 days after it was sent

Hi,

I referred two friends to signed up with 2CheckOut.com last years. I forgot to check if 2ChecOut had paid me the referral fee! It seems that they didn't.

are you looking just become like and affiliate or referral partner? You can become an agent with many provides such as united bank card, cardservice, etc... but it's kind of pain and you don't make much money. If you are just looking to get paid for recommending an account you can try the affiliate program at http://ubcnow.com

Thanks for the kind words, MrZippy.

BTW, not all agent programs require a painful or complex setup. Some of them have online signups where you can be up and running in a minute or less, and still get a lifetime residual income on referred accounts.

Whenever you sign up for an agent program, my suggestion is to always look for a program that does not "tie" you into using that company's service just to be a reseller... and one which also stipulates that you will continue to receive residual income every month for your referred accounts.

While one-up commissions are fine, there is nothing better than having a nice monthly annuity that builds with each subsequent referral.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

Quote Originally Posted by ramiro
    are you looking just become like and affiliate or referral partner? You can become an agent with many provides such as united bank card, cardservice, etc... but it's kind of pain and you don't make much money. If you are just looking to get paid for recommending an account you can try the affiliate program at http://ubcnow.com
    well I planned to become reseller of billing service providing customers with my ability to perform transactions through my provider.

so that customer didnt need to set up merchant account with them, he/she only had to refer their customers to me while I redirected them to my provider.

my pricing would be bit higher then provider's one, what is the fee for my 'reseller' service

generally my efforts will be spent on finding customers and supporting them, not on billing which is taken care of by my provider.

this is simple overview