mysql problem when transfers sites

i have error in all foruns
    when i transfer forum sites to other host

the problem was like:
    http://www.tbkclan.com/forum/

what can i do?
    mysq version ins 4.1 and old is 4.0
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

Looks like the information entered in the configuration file is wrong, or maybe the user does not have all access to the mysql database.

I would be willing to help you, please PM me if you require my help.

Error: Cannot find database tbclan_portal

Did you also transfer the database, or di you only republish the website files? The databse needs to be created on the new server, given the appropriate permissions, restored from your backup, and then the settings in the forum script need to be changed if they are not the same as on the old server.

actually
    i have create a backup from home, in cpanel and restore it in new host!
    look like something get lost in this way
    in old host i have mysql4.0 and now i have 4.1
    i was looking,
    seems that users from database mysql have been lost in transfers!
    some sugestion?
    hw i can get the users passwords from cpanel accounts? i have root, but have moved sites with ftp...
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

You might be best just doing a database dump rather then try using transfer tools, especially cpanel's. They never work well at all.
    It's Scott!

doesn't 4.1 use the new authentication methods? Not 100% sure but I know when moving from 3.x to 4.x there are major headaches. I think 4.0 to 4.1 might have the same problem

That looks similar to what I was seeing when my mySQL Dump Files, created by cPanel Full Backup, were corrupted...

'tail' the dump-file, and see if it ends prematurely...

I believe the issue was caused by there being insufficient disk resources for the account to create the temp files during the backup process...

HTH!!
    You've got to accentuate the positive; Eliminate the negative
    Latch on to the affirmative; Don't mess with Mister In-Between

-Bob

The problem is that the backup was not saved properly and missing some tables.

Quote Originally Posted by camers
    You might be best just doing a database dump rather then try using transfer tools, especially cpanel's. <snip>
    That's how I ultimately worked around the issue... From shell, I did a mysqldump, and that obtained all tables, and all data, when the cPanel Home Backup was not. Then transferred that one file over manually, and did a restore of the database from within phpMyAdmin.

-Bob

I wouldn't think you'd need to touch phpmyadmin really. That would become a pain if it was a full server move. We just dumped them and restarted mysql and it picked them up and started working like a charm. Never use cpanels tools for something serious!
    It's Scott!

ok
    what i do now,
    i go to the old cpanel and create a mysql forum db backup
    go to new server and restore,
    i go to the files where says is wrong passwor,
    create new user and add this new user to db
    but still happends the same problem!

the thing is...
    i have made the same thing in 3 dif foruns that us the same forum ipb v1.3.1 Final
    look:

http://www.designerfriends.com/forum/ WORK
    http://www.mikoclan.next-host.com/forum/ DO NOT WORK
    http://www.tbkclan.com/forum/ DO NOT WORK

and a phpbb do not work too!

http://bmc-clan.com/forum/portal.php

i dont know what to do!

Don't use cPanel's Backup, as camers says... You say you have shell access?

Go to your Home Directory, and do: mysqldump -uuserid -ppassword --all-databases > dbbackup.sql

'tail' that file... See if it appears complete, or if it appears truncated... If it looks good, take that one over for a restore...

-Bob

I've moved db's before, just dump with phpmyadmin then restore with phpmyadmin and it works fine.

The phpbb you have a problem with is not finding the database. I would alter the config for it, make sure the correct connection variables are set. It may be a similar problem with the other ones. Setting up the new users won't do it, even if they are the same as the old ones, you'll have a new host and db name which will need sorting.

Are they all using the same database?

rrdega: i dont have shell in old host!

rsmasha: i have try to change dbs name, dbs users and change configs in forums, but still dont work, i dont know if i do wrong too!

i go to the old cpanel and create a mysql forum db backup
    go to new server and restore,
    I am not familiar with what exactly you are doing here, is it PHPMyAdmin? That has a file size limit for exporting. It sounds like your backups or your restores are corrupt.
    Also, did you create the new database first in your hosting control panel and THEN restore into the db? Create the db first so that the user and permissions are correctly inserted in the main mysql database - i.e. so that the MySQL engine knows the new database 'exists'

Hi!

Did you try the REPAIR function in phpMyAdmin on your table?

Karl