Need some info and advice regarding domain and nameserver issues

I have taken my domain from a certain provider and later opted for virtual servers.
    The registrar doesnt provide the interface to register and create custom nameservers so I have to mail the technical support for that.

I got the nameservers registered the first time through this process. Now we have got our servers relocated to europe servers from american. SO naturally the IP address associated with the namservers have changed and I need to get this changed by my registrar.

Now for the past 3 days I am trying to explain to these guys what I want and yet no progress. I told them that either change the IP associated with ns1 and ns2 or create ns3 and ns4.

My first question is that do I need to make some changes to the DNS zone from WHM before the registrar can start the process. Coz they said that I must and even after I have done it they have many fancy reasons. Can they not initiate the process first and I later edit the virtual server DNS zone fields.

The most common excuse that they give me each day is that it takes 48-72 hours for the update to propogate. (god knows what happened to rapid updates this time).

ALso they now tell me that they charge a handsome amount of money for this. I thought ICAAN has mentioned that this service be provided free of cost.

I am looking to take legal action against them since my site has been down for 4 days now and I want to wiegh my options.

Below are the various replies that I got from difrent customer care centres. Kindly someone enlighten me...

You are getting the error from control panel as your domains name servers are already registered with ns1.tXXX.com
    & ns2.XXX.com whose IP address are pointed to 64.XX.XX.212 & 64.XX.XX.213
    The request for ip addresses changing of your name servers has already initiated.
    As all the DNS Servers in the world need to get an update in the change of ip address of your name servers made & it will take minimum of 48 to 72 hours for the process to be done.
    this was 2 days ago and still no update.

This is to inform you that you have created 2 name servers and requested a IP change:
    ns1.XXX.com IP:64.XX.XX.212
    ns2.XXX.com IP:64.XX.XX.213

Kindly confirm if you would like to create:
    ns3.XXX.com IP:85.XXX.XXX.130
    ns4.XXX.com IP:85.XXX.XXX.131

So that we can do the needful at our end and create the name servers for you.

Do contact us for further assistance.
    No reply after this on this issue and they have done nothing about this.

This is to inform you that you are requested to do the pointing with new IP at your end and send us the query, as of now the name servers are still pointed to the previous IPs. So that the needful can be done at our end.
    This is to update you that the name servers are still pointing to old IP's:

ns1.tXXX.com
    ns2.tXXX.com

[[email protected] ~]$ ping ns1.tXXX.com
    PING ns1.tXXX.com (64.XX.XX.212) 56(84) bytes of data.

[[email protected] ~]$ ping ns2.XXX.com
    PING ns2.tXXX.com (64.XX.XX.213) 56(84) bytes of data.

Kindly get the IP's changed and confirm us ,so that we can do the needful.
    Now how can they ping it??

As per your request we have initiated the ip change for the name servers as specified "ns1.XXX.com - 85.XXX.XXX.130" and "ns2.XXX.com 85.XXX.XXX.131" to the concern registry. Any update would be aviable after 24-48 hrs.

Do contact us for further assistance.
    No update yet

Problem Description
    Kindly register the following nameservers so that I can use them. create: ns3.XXX.com IP:85.XXX.XXX.130 ns4.XXX.com IP:85.XXX.XXX.131

Solution
    As per the issue,kindly get the host names ns3.XXX.com and ns4.XXX.com pointed to the mentioned IP addresses and then confirm us so that we can register the name servers .

The host names are not pointing to any IP address currently:

ping ns3.XXX.com
    ping: unknown host ns3.XXX.com

ping ns4.XXX.com
    ping: unknown host ns4.XXX.com

Kindly do contact us for further support.
    My reply to this was why they took more than 24 hours to tell me this... SO i later create these entries and then mailed them back and am still waiting for any reply.

On calling the centre for the zillionth time they are telling me that they charge 40$ or something for that.

Then they say that they have done the changes. So I asked them to send me the confirmation that they have indeed done it so that if they havent I can take legal action.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    End note- since I have totally lost it maybe coz of my provider or lack of knowledge there maybe incoherency in my above post so kindly let me know if anything isnt clear.

Well OK not so serious about the legal action but still this is rediculous.

I don't see that you have mentioned the registrar here. Knowing that might allow people to better advise you
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

Umm looks like I cant post a link yet.

The registrar/reseller is net4domains.
    ALthough I have initiated the process to move over to godaddy now but even that would take 21 days with my current registrar. Eeven after I do move, I am in no mood to spare my registrar for keeping my site offline for a week.
    The worst part is that the customer care department isnt telling me what the problem is. each time I get a different reply.

what does dnsreport.com gives you results?

might be setting issue
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Well the nameserver issue is now resolved.

One last question. DO i need to complete the settings first in WHM of VPS and then create/edit the nameserver IP.
    Or either can be done first.

doesn't really matter
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi