Thread: this is weird

this is weird

if you read my pervious thread...you know i have a customer who never use his account and this month, he didn't make the payment and went past his due.

i just got a support ticket and he tell me he want me to send him a paypal subscrption before and accuse me that i never did and i want the reactive fee.

i did send him a paypal subscrption before but he never responed so i didn't follow up on that.

well, i tell him i'm sorry about this and since he been with us for a long time. i will waived the reactive fee and set his account up again...well, before i can send him a paypal subscrption...he make a payment then did the subscrption payment. thus i refund his first payment.

what really confused me is this customer never use his account. no email created, no ftp, nothing! since i wasn't able to contact him for about half of month(!) i assume he no longer want it and deleted his account.

is this normal? he is not spamming or anything in fact i doubt he even log into to Helm. i lost several customers that didn't make any payment on purpose because they doesn't want the service anymore but this one really take me by supprise.

i'm not ungraceful or anything but it's weird to me.

do any one of you host have any long term customers that never use the service but keep paying?

He might do as some of us do. Keep capacity for expansion (if it comes all at once) or for an emergency if our primary systems ever go down for an extended period.

Quote Originally Posted by jt2377
    if you read my pervious thread...you know i have a customer who never use his account and this month, he didn't make the payment and went past his due.

i just got a support ticket and he tell me he want me to send him a paypal subscrption before and accuse me that i never did and i want the reactive fee.

i did send him a paypal subscrption before but he never responed so i didn't follow up on that.

well, i tell him i'm sorry about this and since he been with us for a long time. i will waived the reactive fee and set his account up again...well, before i can send him a paypal subscrption...he make a payment then did the subscrption payment. thus i refund his first payment.

what really confused me is this customer never use his account. no email created, no ftp, nothing! since i wasn't able to contact him for about half of month(!) i assume he no longer want it and deleted his account.

is this normal? he is not spamming or anything in fact i doubt he even log into to Helm. i lost several customers that didn't make any payment on purpose because they doesn't want the service anymore but this one really take me by supprise.

i'm not ungraceful or anything but it's weird to me.

do any one of you host have any long term customers that never use the service but keep paying?
    I do have some situations like this. Where as the customers order the services for Emergencies purposes. One of them finally use the service after 4 months. The rest still stay sillent.
    www.TnetHost.com
    Website Designs and Hosting Solutions

We had one customer not do anything with their site for a little over a year.
    Mike
    cPanel/WHM scripts at Premier Website Solutions (all your website needs)
    Support young figure skaters in training. juniorskaters.com

Hi there,

I don't know if this is normal, but it certainly does happen. Since Christmas I've been saving about $140 a month on shared and VPS hosting packages I've had for years that I've simply never used. I've now got rid of them all, just have two FutureQuest packages which are in use and a single dedicated server... It's crazy but it does happen. I'll sign up for things and I'll never get around to using them, and I just won't cancel them because I reckon "I'll get to it next week, once X is out the way."

So try asking him what he wants to do with his account, aski if he's having any trouble setting up his web site and so on, and if he isn't interested then leave him to it. That's what I'd have wanted, anyway.

Good luck