I just recently purchased a VPS, and as you can imagine, I have very little experience working with Apache. So far, I've got shell down, and a bit of httpd.conf, but the rest baffles me. So, I was wondering if you guys could help me out concerning these questions:
1) Some people have told me that there are multiple versions of mod_layout, each made seperately for Apache 1.3 and 2.0, but I only see one version to download at the mod's homepage (tangent.org). Is it true that there are two different versions?
2) Should I unzip mod_layout-3.2.1-1.i386.rpm before uploading it?
3) Where should I put the files in the mod_layout zip? The root Apache directory? Upload? Libexec?
4) After that, what do I run in shell? I think I have apxs and that one DSO or whatever thing.
5) After that, what do I add in httpd.conf? I’m assuming I add the LoadModule directive? What do I add after the plain “LoadModule” part? mod_layout.so?
6) And anything else I should know for the installation.
Thanks a bunch, and sorry if this is the wrong forum!