Question [For 2co customers] - Need your help

What's your opinion about 2checkout?

I have questions following:
    - Do you have to be 2checkout member to pay credit card?
    - Is 2checkout like payment gateaway to pay credit card?

- Does 2checkout is like redirect to paypal site to pay there?
    - Does 2checkout have payment order form and allowed integrated in website?
    - Does 2checkout allowed you to transfer your 2checkout funds to bank account?

- When you receive the funds from your customer, do you get charge fees or what?

I cannot find these questions in knowledge base.

Regards
    Last edited by TRIBOLIS; 11-01-2005 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenix

- When you receive the funds from your customer, do you get charge fees or what?

Regards
    Not sure why you're looking in the knowledge base for info that's one click from the homepage. Overview and some fees:

http://www.2checkout.com/home.html

There's a demo link on the page as well so you can see what it's like to pay for something with 2Checkout.

2CO does third-party processing... once someone is ready to pay for something you sell, you send them to a page on the 2CO website to enter their credit card info. You pay a fee on every purchase and 2CO puts the funds in your bank account after some time.
    Dan Grossman - dan @ awio.com
    My Blog | Affiliate Program for Web Hosts

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Cenix

Regards
    Hi,

I'll try to asnwer your questions real quick.
    1. No, you don't have to be a 2co member to pay credit card.
    2. 2checkout is a 3rd party processor, like paypal is.
    3. Yes and No, They have 2 options, if you have a shopping cart and SSL you can handle everything on your own website. It works with any Authorize.Net compatible shopping carts. But if you don't have that, your clietns would need to visit 2checkout page to make payments.
    4. Their order form is customizable. There is a "Look and Feel" option in the admin. But in the new version of Control Panel I could change only the logo, but previous one allowed me to change header and footer as well.
    5. Yes you can transfer your funds to any bank. Even internatonal.
    6. Yes, 2CO receives a wholesale rate discount of 5.5% plus $0.45 off the retail price of each total order.

Hope that helps.

Thumbs down 2CO Customer

From a customer's point of view, I don't like 2CO at all.

Their Customer "Service" is terrible and they don't make it easy to get a refund from merchants who refuse to honor their guarantees.

I will no longer deal with anyone who uses 2CO as their processor.
    Revolutionary New Marketing System. Free To You!

Quote Originally Posted by yourguides
    From a customer's point of view, I don't like 2CO at all.

Their Customer "Service" is terrible and they don't make it easy to get a refund from merchants who refuse to honor their guarantees.

I will no longer deal with anyone who uses 2CO as their processor.

That's an interesting comment/ perspective.

There are a number of posts at WHT from the vendor's perspective that we issue refunds too easily/often.

A customer requesting a refund is asked to wait 48 hours to give the vendor time to either refund, dispute, or get with the customer to work out the issue. If they don't, we issue the refund.

TomD - did you just start working like that ? Back to 2003-2004 you never do that and your customers service is VERY bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TomD
    That's an interesting comment/ perspective.

There are a number of posts at WHT from the vendor's perspective that we issue refunds too easily/often.

A customer requesting a refund is asked to wait 48 hours to give the vendor time to either refund, dispute, or get with the customer to work out the issue. If they don't, we issue the refund.
    What I don't understand is that the seller(the merchant) can't refuse to refund, he/she can have a real good reason, I have heard of a lot of people that some buy the product, then ask a refund.. getting something free... a little note I had one customer that ask a refund within hours.. he had installed my script.. I asked what the problem is.. he became mad... I refunded him, but I am almost sure he got it for free !
    Of course, the merchant him/herself will refund if it is logical or good for one reason, your reputation depends also of refunds...

With our business model you are not the merchant, 2CO is.

The refund process may have had slight modifications over the past 2 years, but the principles have remained much the same.

Vendors can refuse a refund, but in the card not present environment, it is the card issuer that makes the final decision, and if you haven't seen the "zero liability" commercials -- the power in online purchases resides with the savvy consumer.

We have a customer recurring billing that's still active but has not charged the users card since march. We would have no idea until the client contacted us.
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

2checkout is ok. They dont redirect you back to your site when done though which kinda sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jmcallister
    2checkout is ok. They dont redirect you back to your site when done though which kinda sucks

You can set this up for yourself in the V2 control panel.

Only thing I think sux so far, is that you cant have multiple domains merged under one account

2checkout.com are crooks

They owe me over $300 in payment and they won't give it to me because they claim they can't verify one order in Indonesia because the phone # is not valid. So they are holding on to my payment for ten sales because the one that they randomly tried to verify they can't reach. This was a sale from two months ago and if the person did not receive his ebooks he would have challenged the order. I spoke to some idiot on the phone this morning who had me going around in circles with her idotic insistance that I get the phone # from the guy in indonesia who purchased some ebooks in October because she needs to call him on the phone to see if he did get his ebooks from me before she can pay me for all the other orders. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyJen
    They owe me over $300 in payment and they won't give it to me because they claim they can't verify one order in Indonesia because the phone # is not valid. So they are holding on to my payment for ten sales because the one that they randomly tried to verify they can't reach. This was a sale from two months ago and if the person did not receive his ebooks he would have challenged the order. I spoke to some idiot on the phone this morning who had me going around in circles with her idotic insistance that I get the phone # from the guy in indonesia who purchased some ebooks in October because she needs to call him on the phone to see if he did get his ebooks from me before she can pay me for all the other orders. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of.
    2CO and the other 3rd party processors exist to serve the international customers that can't get real merchant accounts and have trouble with PayPal. Since these people generally have nearly no option but to work with 2CO or its limited competition, they have to put up with whatever policies 2CO comes up with, however unfair they seem.

If you're really in New Hampshire like your profile pays, you should find a new way to accept payments.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman
    2CO and the other 3rd party processors exist to serve the international customers that can't get real merchant accounts and have trouble with PayPal. Since these people generally have nearly no option but to work with 2CO or its limited competition, they have to put up with whatever policies 2CO comes up with, however unfair they seem.

If you're really in New Hampshire like your profile pays, you should find a new way to accept payments.
    Thank you for your reply. Merchant accounts are too pricey and most of my cutomers use paypal so that is why I thoght 2checkout.com would be a good choice. Yes I am really in New Hampshire like my profile says. I am originally from Maine and I still work in Maine

So, is having that $300 held and the time you're wasting dealing with customer service at a company that doesn't care about its customers at all worth more than the $25/mo you'd probably be paying for a merchant account (with half the per-transaction rates)?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman
    So, is having that $300 held and the time you're wasting dealing with customer service at a company that doesn't care about its customers at all worth more than the $25/mo you'd probably be paying for a merchant account (with half the per-transaction rates)?
    The local banks don't want to deal with me because I sell ebooks, webhosting and other non tangible goods. I am looking online now for another solution.

There are several providers that frequent these forums. Check these guys out:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=457688
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=418330

same here

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyJen
    They got like 3 Grand of mine, one order goes all the way back to July, I am not too impressed. I got liek a form letter lettign me know that they would keep my money for a while, no time frame and not because of any specific order or anything. I emailed customer support - no reply yet.

I just had my account on hold payments until it reached real money, which in my view it most certainly has now.

NetGuard

Quote Originally Posted by netguard
    They got like 3 Grand of mine, one order goes all the way back to July, I am not too impressed. I got liek a form letter lettign me know that they would keep my money for a while, no time frame and not because of any specific order or anything. I emailed customer support - no reply yet.

I just had my account on hold payments until it reached real money, which in my view it most certainly has now.

NetGuard

Call them on the phone and speak to a live person. I did that twice today; the first time I got nowhere and the second time I spoke to a different person who promised to release all my funds this week. I'll believe that when I see it in my checking account.