Are GigeServers Web DDoS protected?

I've just purchased a dedicated server from GigeServers, I know that they're the best in IRC Services, what about Web DDoS mitigation? actually I have a dedicated server where I host ONE website ( a peaceful one ) which is being ddossed on my actual provider ( Sagonet ) getting 40 mbits incoming attacks everyday which makes it out of service.

Do you know if GigeServers firewalls can keep my website up & running during the attacks?

I believe they can but Asking them will make you sure

their web package will proctect you. of course your gonna have to secure your box, tune up your box and such.
    if your getting 40mbits imcoming traffic it looks like your CURRENT isp would probably nullroute your ip....
    Ben S.

I just directed a user that was with TP that was having constant attacks to their website and getting nulled, to goto staminus.

They were having an attack that was HTTP specific, so matt was able to install a custom firewall for them, that is clearing up some seriously bad *** attacks without even a blip.

Matt can clear around 2 - 3Gbit to a single IP w/o having to nullroute, and i think it's even more depending on attack types, etc. We've have servers with them, and they have been just awesome. On my irc network, we don't get many attacks, but the ones we -do- get, we always try to direct the kiddies to our stammy box, just 'cuz we know they'll never drop it.

~Francisco
    Last edited by DeltaAnime; 11-01-2005 at 07:36 PM.
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

I've never used gigeservers so i can't vouche for them, though, i've always heard good things about them, and the owner was helpful when i talked to him on EFNET

I've always had a fantastic time with staminus though.

~Francisco
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

they'r both great. have/had them both
    Ben S.

I have used both for some Serious attack. 1+Gbps Syn Attacks.
    Staminus can do filtering well provided if its small attack. But when it is big they wont be able to. Compare to Gige there proxy shield definatly it can handle many many attacks without a glitch. Cause they have Major firewalls doing stateful inspection.

The third solution is get a FBSD box at staminus or gige . Have a FBSD expert make it as firewall and use the second box as web server. ANd then do application level filtering with ipfw and you should be able to do that.
    Server4Sale
    Dirt CHEAP Servers coming soon

server4sale,
    I am not very familiar with Gige pricing but I'm sure their proxy shield does not compare in pricing to our standard ddos protection - it is at least several times more expensive if they are providing stateful inspection. Furthermore, the full capacity of our filtering is far more that you have mentioned. Please contact us regarding our network rather than making blind assumptions
    Matt Mahvi
    Staminus, Infrastructure DDoS Protection and Appliances
    @ 200+ Gbps global ddos mitigation network. Local or Remote. Proxy, GRE, and direct cross connects.
    @ Available in Amsterdam, New York, Los Angeles and Orange County. Anycast BGP.

Sorry Matt,
    It was just nearly an experience we had 6 months ago.Which you did your VERY BEST to help our client. I know the capacity is doubled and you have some similar solutions too as well. Just a clearfication . I in no way comparing Staminus services with proxyshield. i appologize if this offended you in any way. I didnt mean to say anything negative about you or gige. I have respect for both companies as both are one of the few providers to filter attacks
    Last edited by server4sale; 11-01-2005 at 11:43 PM.
    Server4Sale
    Dirt CHEAP Servers coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by server4sale
    I have used both for some Serious attack. 1+Gbps Syn Attacks.
    Staminus can do filtering well provided if its small attack. But when it is big they wont be able to.
    I just love correcting misinformation

Let me let Staminus's one of a kind dos logging speak for itself

Attack Destination: xx.xx.x.xxx
    Start Time: [Sun Aug 14 08:12:06 2005]
    End Time: [Sun Aug 14 08:27:06 2005]
    Rate: 2,689,258 Packets Per Second

Attack Destination: xx.xx.xx.xx
    Start Time: [Sat Aug 20 20:59:24 2005]
    End Time: [Sat Aug 20 21:01:04 2005]
    Rate: 2,606,068 Packets Per Second

These attacks were filtered, the ips were not nulled, the network felt NOTHING, not even lag.

I imagine next post will claim that these are "small" attacks.

:::tongue firmly in cheek, MY CHEEK dangit!:::

Kelly AKA The Wicked Witch

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Hallissey
    I just love correcting misinformation

Let me let Staminus's one of a kind dos logging speak for itself

These attacks were filtered, the ips were not nulled, the network felt NOTHING, not even lag.

I imagine next post will claim that these are "small" attacks.

:::tongue firmly in cheek, MY CHEEK dangit!:::

Kelly AKA The Wicked Witch
    IRC attacks are significantly different than web attacks. Serversale is not referring to IRC protection but protection on a website, tcp connection attacks, get attacks, and syn floods from none spoofed IP's of a pool of 100k+ botnet.

If matt / staminus can stop that and still charge 100-200 bux i tip my hat to him. But our web protection pricing is not expensive especially when that is a product that we focus on and have an extensive infrastructure and dedicated engineers working on constantly changing attacks that don't have; most of the time a signature which can have a statically written rule applied.

I know matt's irc protection and filtering is great and no one is questioning that and im not going to be dragged into another flamewar of who is better and who can do what. Either way customers who have signed up for our proxyshield have told us that they came to us from other providers and they could not filter the attack at all, and these providers did have ddos mitigation filtering in place.

A customer of both companies posted his feedback and is getting chewed out.
    GigeNET
    Dedicated Servers + Cloud Servers + Colocation + DDOS Protection + IP Transit with FCP optimized routing
    Locations in Chicago Los Angeles and Ashburn

Quote Originally Posted by ameen
    A customer of both companies posted his feedback and is getting chewed out.
    Nah, we both know if I chew someone out that post of mine would have been a work of art in nastiness, I simply corrected an inaccurate statement that staminus couldn't handle "large" attacks.

Have a winner of a day!

~The Wicked Witch

The customer posted invalid information and was being corrected. Stateful inspection will be at least several times more expensive than standard filtering. He was comparing two services that have vastly different pricing. This comparisson cannot be made. You get what you pay for.
    Matt Mahvi
    Staminus, Infrastructure DDoS Protection and Appliances
    @ 200+ Gbps global ddos mitigation network. Local or Remote. Proxy, GRE, and direct cross connects.
    @ Available in Amsterdam, New York, Los Angeles and Orange County. Anycast BGP.

Actually my customer will host only one website that is being DDoS'd actually, I do believe that this *lame* guy that is DDoSsing when he find something that stops him, he'll stop as well.. my customer has been running his website since 5 years.. and he has never been hit, these last 2 weeks were the worst days in the site's live.. I do believe that providers that has a *real* good DDoS protection are kinda expensive.. but if it's the price to stop these attacks.. better go with.. than being down cuz of *someone*

Quote Originally Posted by Hamza
    Actually my customer will host only one website that is being DDoS'd actually, I do believe that this *lame* guy that is DDoSsing when he find something that stops him, he'll stop as well.. my customer has been running his website since 5 years.. and he has never been hit, these last 2 weeks were the worst days in the site's live.. I do believe that providers that has a *real* good DDoS protection are kinda expensive.. but if it's the price to stop these attacks.. better go with.. than being down cuz of *someone*
    Yess indeed its worth every penny of it
    Ben S.

Well yes.. they are! I've been hosted on Gigeservers 6 days ago, and they are very stable, didn't had any downtime, I have even been helped to set some local firewall rules etc.. whatever.. I'm really happy with GigENet right now.

The fable is : Are you a target of DDoS attacks? Can't sleep in peace...? move to GigeServers & sleep like a baby

Thank you GigE!!

Gigenet.com is currently the upstream provider for an India-based host that is currently flooding us. Let's see how fast they take that ****er offline.

I have resold Staminus servers to folks with web-based DDoS issues and have been having good luck thus far.

I have problem with bind server being attacked by linux botnet. I wonder if this will need web-based ddos protection? I think shell companies should get Both http and irc ddos protection.

No, normal DDoS will work fine. HTTP would require proxy shield service

Gig server's ddosprotection.com is exactly for web DDOS protection
    Best Regards,
    Namesniper

If you really want to know if your DDoS is any good, just give us your IP address and about 20 minutes
    Ray Womack @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

Quote Originally Posted by PSFServers
    If you really want to know if your DDoS is any good, just give us your IP address and about 20 minutes
    just go on efnet start running around saying you're undroppable

~Francisco

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaAnime
    just go on efnet start running around saying you're undroppable
    I always challenge people to ddos my server. When they ask me what the IP address is, I tell them that it's 127.0.0.1 ... then I sit back and watch them drop like flies

Quote Originally Posted by Loktari
    I always challenge people to ddos my server. When they ask me what the IP address is, I tell them that it's 127.0.0.1 ... then I sit back and watch them drop like flies
    I'd hope most kiddies would understand the concept of 127.0.0.1 by now... 127.67.114.52 is more fun anyway

Awknet - DDoS Mitigation, Upstream ACLs/Filtering, Unmanaged Dedicated Servers, BGP IP Transit & More!

Everything just depends on what kind of flooding/packeting - personally, for "in general" attacks, I'd go with GigeServers (haven't failed me yet for IRC), and if Staminus fits your needs, you should just go with staminus.
    semi-retired

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Hallissey

Well, this seems strange. The max line rate for gigabit - fiber or copper, is roughly 1.5Mpps. According to the website (now I might be wrong here? I'm just going off what I see) additional gigabit wasn't introduced until the 26th of august? How is it that you pushed 2.6, or 2.7Mpps down a single gigabit line? Not trying to cause any fights, just curious what's actually going on here.

[edit]
    I did some testing of my own here, here's what I get off staminus's reporting;
    Start Time: [Sat Mar 25 11:29:13 2006]
    End Time: [Sat Mar 25 11:29:29 2006]
    Rate: 66,409 Packets Per Second

And according to net flow monitoring here's what the box (sending the packets)was actually moving;
    32940.17 udp packets/s

What gives?
    Last edited by jwr; 03-25-2006 at 03:33 PM.

Awknet - DDoS Mitigation, Upstream ACLs/Filtering, Unmanaged Dedicated Servers, BGP IP Transit & More!