* Download Full Songs to Cell Phones - Amazing

We sure have come a long way from the Walkman Cassetted days or the 8-track portable days.

Now Sprint is allowing customers to Download Full Songs to Cell Phones

As memory and drive space advance and costs continue to dwindle - you may be downloading Feature Films to cells by the end of the decade.

A Sony Ericsson w800i is a much better choice. Storage options up to 2gb, video camera, still camera, quality GSM phone.
    --

Downloads are expected to take about 30 seconds per track.
    Errm, yeah right. Try 60s+ in rural areas.

This isn't really unexpected though. They're losing money because of poor CS and they're trying to make it back. Of course, the catch:

The pricing of the Sprint service, almost two-a-half-times the 99 cents that iTunes charges for a download, reflects the belief among mobile carriers that consumers will pay a premium to buy music while they are on the move, an assumption some analysts dispute.
    No thanks. I can always send my library to my phone if I so choose, for nothing from my library . In fact, I just themed out my phone (again) yesterday. Since I picked up the phone in December, I've done it three times now. All it really takes is the ability to convert mp3s to m4a (Easy CD-DA Extractor does this) and upload to the phone (Fun For Mobile can do this, or you should be able to place them on your website and download there).

It's really ridiculous that they're charging so much for this, honestly.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

you may be downloading Feature Films to cells by the end of the decade.
    In the UK Vodafone are lauching Sky Mobile today, 19 TV channels you can watch on your phone. This includes a movie channel.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds25684.html
    Steve

Telus launched mobile TV here in Canada too. Only 5 channels though.
    --

So...what the article is telling me I can only download on select phone models (mine not included being it is a LG Vi125 brand new?), and it's going to cost $2.50 for the song?

Spring charges $2.50 for a ringer, $2.50 for a background and some are even $5.00+

In the UK Vodafone are lauching Sky Mobile today, 19 TV channels you can watch on your phone. This includes a movie channel.
    In Australia, Vodafone, Optus and '3' all provide TV channels as well, mainly news programs (CNN), sitcoms and children programs (Disney Channel, Cartoon Network).
    Hostime Managed Hosting
    Opening the bridge between your business and the world.
    http://www.hostime.com

god DAMN! i would LOVEE to watch movies on my cell phone. Would DEFINATELY be amazing when i'm beyond bored and want something to do. DAMN! I wish I lived iN UK!
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

You can watch TV and movies on a sprint phone, I have done it before, MobiTV or something like that, it is $9.99 for the app, and stream over the vision wireless plan.

Also, Sprint is fast, even in rural areas, I get over 200k/s on my sprint phone.

If you doubt that, check the broadband reports speed test page results, the top two of 3 are all sprint!
    http://www.broadbandreports.com/mspeed?domains=1

Wow... TV and Movies on phones..

What will they come out with next?

Dang i have a sucky Cingular

An improvement. Instead of buying a 16 second clip for $2.50, you can buy the song for $2.50.

$2.50 for a song, and an album 9 songs long its $22.50. Geez.. and why are still people downloading music on Limewire, P2P, BitTorrent etc.. again?? LOL
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / Automated Lead Funnel Service

Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    Wow... TV and Movies on phones..

What will they come out with next?
    Heres a novel idea... A phone...

Where much more of the space is dedicated to transmission/receive boosters so the signal doesnt suddenly die out but works fine if you step to one side.

Could someone please explain to me what the hell the attraction is? Every cellphone I've ever owned, has left me willing to trade a dozen frivolous features for batteries that aren't perennially drained. Why would anyone want to use their cellphone batteries to do anything other than talk on the phone? I can't recall ever being in a situation where I've thought, "damn, this phone is useless, I could be thoroughly enjoying a feature film on a two-inch screen right now". OK, great -- I've downloaded a movie to my cell phone. Do I have enough power left to watch it all the way through? I just don't understand why this is 'cool'.
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...

Hey, you think i should move to a new cell phone provider/? Other than cingular.
    ========================
    ========================

T-Mobile. If not, stick to cingular.
    --