Some truth maybe?

OK, first I am a newbie! I have designed many websites, registered domains, setup email accounts/servers, all that good stuff.

But the Web reseller stuff seems attractive, but I have to wonder, is it as easy as it seems? I see the "Free Reseller Hosting Resellers Panel". How does that work? Do my sites need to live on thier boxes or can they live on anyone else's boxes? I also see they charge $4 for domain registration, so can I say I charge my customers $10, and I pocket 6$?

Has anyone on this forum gone into this and truly regretted it? Is anyone losing money? If you're making money, on average, let's say 50 accounts, how much are you making per month?

Thanks to anyone who wants to respond!

Hi,

This all depends on how you decide to devide up your reseller account, who you choose to go with, and who you are targeting as your customers. Ofcourse you'll also need to be providing good service to gain confidence for your customers.

The key is to do research and pick the right host for you.

Good luck.
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

How does that work? Do my sites need to live on thier boxes or can they live on anyone else's boxes? I also see they charge $4 for domain registration, so can I say I charge my customers $10, and I pocket 6$?
    You should ask the provider directly how things work. Consider this a test, and carefully weigh the fastness and quality of their replies.

Has anyone on this forum gone into this and truly regretted it? Is anyone losing money?
    1. Sure. 2. Sure. Businesses are not called ventures for nothing.