* Fedora/disk druid error when partitioning...

The last time I installed Linux was Redhat 9 and I didn't have this problem.

I'm attempting to install Fecora Core 4 and am doing a text install. Using Disk Druid to manually partition the hard drive. I setup / fine, /boot fine, but when I try to create /etc I get the following error:

This mount point is invalid. The /etc directory must be on the / file system.

I've done this before and haven't gotten the error. I've searched google but haven't found anything on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just trying to create the following partitions:

/
    /boot
    /etc
    /home
    /usr
    /tmp
    /opt
    SWAP

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Hi,

Why are you making so many different partitions? For the most part you should be able to just use:

/boot
    /tmp (mounted nosuid,noexec,rw)
    SWAP
    /
    Regards,
    Jason
    CTO - Touch Support, Inc.
    http://www.touchsupport.com

You wouldnt be able to mount /etc seperately because grub needs to find its config file on the root partition in {root}etc before it reads the /etc/fstab and you would have to hack grub to tell it a different location to look for its config file if you mounted /etc on a different partition.

Hope this helps.
    :-)
    Orbityl

Quote Originally Posted by lthosting
    The last time I installed Linux was Redhat 9 and I didn't have this problem.

I'm attempting to install Fecora Core 4 and am doing a text install. Using Disk Druid to manually partition the hard drive. I setup / fine, /boot fine, but when I try to create /etc I get the following error:

This mount point is invalid. The /etc directory must be on the / file system.

I've done this before and haven't gotten the error. I've searched google but haven't found anything on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just trying to create the following partitions:

/
    /boot
    /etc
    /home
    /usr
    /tmp
    /opt
    SWAP

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.