Car in the snow video

Web Handyman - Website and Internet Marketing Service

That's classic!

Only an idiotic moron ties a tow strap to a bumper! Or a group of them in this case. That kid's dad is gonna be pissed when the insurance refuses to cover the repair. Get out your policy, and read what it says about improper towing... Remember, tie that strap to a tow loop (all cars do in fact have them) or the frame, or the suspension control arm -- you know, steel not plastic!

Not to mention, that car wasn't stuck to the point of needing a strap tied to it in the first place.
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...

Quote Originally Posted by BigBison
    That's classic!

Only an idiotic moron ties a tow strap to a bumper! Or a group of them in this case. That kid's dad is gonna be pissed when the insurance refuses to cover the repair. Get out your policy, and read what it says about improper towing... Remember, tie that strap to a tow loop (all cars do in fact have them) or the frame, or the suspension control arm -- you know, steel not plastic!

Not to mention, that car wasn't stuck to the point of needing a strap tied to it in the first place.
    Even the suspension/tow loop would have caked it I believe. They probably would have pushed up on the bumper (by the looks of the angles in the video), not doing the same amount of damage (or anything near it) but still more then I'd dare try. Additionally, if you watch, you'll notice the pickup driver allowed slack to form in the line, which can have damaging results regardless of where you tie down.

A single person could easily have shoveled that car out in < 5 minutes, without any damage, and/or they could have gotten the half dozen guys standing around to push the car. Almost makes me think it was intentional (eg. the rediculous angle that they're trying to tow into, etc.)