Dell SC 1425 Sound Card?

I just bought a Dell SC 1425 (Dual 2.8 Xeon, 1 gig RAM). I need to install a basic sound card in it (I'm running audio streaming software on it that requires a sound output device). I was gonna just run down to the local store and pick up some super basic thing, but I was wondering if anyone who has one of these servers could attest to a particular one working well. I coukldn't find anything on the Dell site.

Thanks in advance.

I would use a creative card, such as an Audigy or Live.

Keep in mind, that through remote desktop sessions the sound hardware will be unavailable to apps you run... run some tests before colocating it.
    bye

Quote Originally Posted by amps
    I would use a creative card, such as an Audigy or Live.

Keep in mind, that through remote desktop sessions the sound hardware will be unavailable to apps you run... run some tests before colocating it.
    Thanks - I just need the internal mixer, for my apps - it's worked well on Win2003 well before on other systems. I won't be using any output or anything. Plus, I'm just doing everything from VNC remotely. But I'm setting up everything and testing it now before it ships to the datacenter!

The most basic sound device you can get is an USB based one like this - http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=HE-280B&cat=SND.

I use it in XP and it works fine. It should work with 2k3 too.

Avian, we have clients that have this sort of need.

Tend to use AC-97 codec 16/32-bit cards which cost between £5 and £10.
    Adam Harris
    Technical Director, XOMY Limited
    XOMY LCD and Plasma Televisions :: XOMAC Apple Macs

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Avian
    Thanks - I just need the internal mixer, for my apps - it's worked well on Win2003 well before on other systems. I won't be using any output or anything. Plus, I'm just doing everything from VNC remotely. But I'm setting up everything and testing it now before it ships to the datacenter!
    I was gonna say, VNC to the console is probably a good bet -- RDP will mess with the audio subsystem.
    bye

I worked on a project that involved mixing and streaming a while back. You could use Virtual Audio Cables (I don't remember the URL at the moment) instead of actually installing a sound card.
    e-Tech-Solution.com: Shared Windows 2003 Hosting and Cross-platform Web Development

If I recall, the software is much more expensive than a cheap soundcard... however, it is more flexible if you run many instances of your streaming software.
    bye