Openhsp unethical and shutdown

I got a message from a client today with an attached email they received from openhsp.com ( apparantly resellers on a cpanel host of some sort). They were sending out emails to clients that use our name servers to try and get them to switch claiming that we are resellers for Alabanza, who we have never used. This just gets funnier when you go to openhsp.com and see a big cpanel suspended page error. Who is the reseller here and who just got their site shut off for these stupid misleading and completely false emails they were sending? Ha !
    Greg Landis | Director of Growth Jaguarpc - Unlock Superior Hosting with JaguarPC
    Managed Servers - Virtual Private Servers | AMD EPYC Dedicated servers
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | (888)-338-5261 | greg @ jaguarpc.com

They are/weree on Burstnet servers, so maybe the Burst Boys can shed some light on the issue for you...
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

Wow I'm disappointed.

I thought Nocster would be something more exciting than that.

(kiddin' )
    http://www.voilaweb.com - the Social Internet Toolbox.

OpenHSP has two data centers, one located in Scranton, Pennsylvania; and the other located in Reno, Nevada. The Scranton-PA facility was opened May 1st, 2001 and the Reno-NV facility is planned to open Q3-2002. The Scranton-PA facility contains everything needed to ensure your mission-critical Internet operation is functioning at the highest performance levels. A full list of features/services available with our Scranton-PA Network Operations Center can be found below.
    http://www.openhsp.com/facility.htm

The BurstNET™ Data Center, in Scranton PA USA, was opened May 1st 2001. The facility contains everything needed to ensure your mission-critical Internet operation is functioning at the highest perfomance levels. A full list of features/services in usage in the Network Operations Center are found below.
    http://www.burst.net/noc.shtml

Its almost amazing that two companies open DC's in the exact same town on the exact day....

Anyone dare me to have some fun and email them about this?

Originally posted by The Prohacker
    Anyone dare me to have some fun and email them about this?
    Sure. Ask them too about this:
    Code:
    canonical name openhsp.com. 
    aliases  
    addresses 66.197.213.93 

Querying whois.arin.net with "66.197.213.93"...

Network Operations Center Inc. (NETBLK-HOSTNOC-2BLK)
       P.O. Box 400
       Bloomsburg, PA 17815-0400
       US

Netname: HOSTNOC-2BLK
       Netblock: 66.197.128.0 - 66.197.255.255
       Maintainer: NOC

Coordinator:
          Arcus,  Matthew  (ZMA1-ARIN)  shawn@hostnoc.net
          570-784-2491 x7

Domain System inverse mapping provided by:

NS1.HOSTNOC.NET		66.96.193.3
       NS2.HOSTNOC.NET		66.96.194.3
    Hostnoc.net = BurstNET

Kind of interesting, too, that they built that data center and opened it on May 1, 2001, but hadn't even registered their domain name yet:
    Record updated on 2002-04-18 09:08:53.
    Record created on 2001-05-30.
    Record expires on 2003-05-30.
    Database last updated on 2002-04-18 21:08:11 EST.
    And, while of course I can't point to the page any more, when the site was up there was a statement more direct than the one you quoted saying they "have" two data centers. They explicitly said they "have built one of the premier data centers in the country, and a second one is on the way."
    Last edited by JayC; 04-18-2002 at 09:23 PM.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

So anythoughts on who I should email there?

I don't wanna ask on sales or support... But since they don't have an admin contact, I might just email them all

Abuse might be nice....

They were here, we received information about it, they were suspended. They were put back on again....... We suspended them again....... They were put back on again....... Then we told the reseller we would terminate the server if they are found on there again. Now there gone (for now). It's kinda been like the gopher game where they pop up out of the holes, and you keep bashing them back down. Sorry to all this inconvenienced. But we took action each time we were alerted to it.

Prohacker, you can e-mail abuse@burst.net or call the support line, or AIM me.

Thanks,

Originally posted by BurstCSM
    Prohacker, you can e-mail abuse@burst.net or call the support line, or AIM me.

No need for me to email burst, I just wanted an answer to why the did it, nothing I can guess you could answer, but thanks for the offer....

Damn I got a nice big email all ready for nothing

Originally posted by BurstCSM
    Sorry to all this inconvenienced. But we took action each time we were alerted to it.
    Still looks like you're catering to a spammer who sees nothing wrong with violating the TOS of whois services and spreads mis-information about other hosting services from my perspective since he's still reselling your service. But hey, maybe BURST.NET doesn't mind being associated with these kind of people and the fire they draw.
    Last edited by arfarf; 04-19-2002 at 04:19 PM.

Lavers still at it!

Originally posted by Coran
    This thread http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=34067

explains it all.
    Thanks, Coran, for referring people from this thread to one that, in my opinion, everyone on the Internet should read. Everyone should be aware of people as egregious as the Lavers.

As I said over in the only other thread about OpenHSP that I could find in these forums...

You might be interested to know that Mike Lavers has finally posted a reply or two in that thread (the one you mention above). Of course he's trying to make it about me and not him... as usual. No surprises there. If you've ever followed a thread with Lavers' postings in it (no matter what alias he uses), you'll recognize the tactic. And, of course, he's dodging specifics again... as usual.

Over in the "Hosting Nightmare" thread he's claiming once again that OpenHSP is just a customer of his and that it's not really him. Poor, poor victim Mike.

If it weren't for the fact that he's so darned dangerous and has hurt so many people (and will hurt so many more if he's not stopped), we wouldn't even need to waste our time on him.

But, alas, we do. We really do.

If you or anyone else from this thread would like to chime-in over on the "Hosting Nightmare" thread, please do. Lavers needs all the confrontation we can give him.

Please help if you can.
    Last edited by DesElms; 05-02-2002 at 07:00 PM.
    Gregg L. DesElms

This guy is really a special sort ain't he.