Important ICANN Notice Regarding Your Domain Name(s)

I have just received an email with the subject as stated in this post's subject line. It is sent from [email protected] and signed at the bottom by my domain host. Thus, we have three players here: ICANN, Securepaynet.net, and my domain host. I would not ordinarily trust anything as messy as this, but somehow I think I'd better act as they request - something about that ICANN...

"annually requires that all accredited registrars ask their domain administrators/registrants to review domain name contact data, and make any changes necessary to ensure accuracy."

Have you got it too - or is this a hoax?

Thanks
    Anders

This is legit. Icann requires all registrars send this out annually. It seems as if the registrar is Wild West Domains
    Domain Maven

everyone is getting it, its OK several threads been asking the same in the past too.

becaue if its not confirmed ICANN can drop ur domain

if you wish to hide ur info to avoid spam u can purchase some ID protect or whois privacy etc..
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

OK, thanks guys. I took at look at the first page here, and there was nothing about this. Since I had only just received the email, I took the gamble of posting. I regret if I have contributed to too many posts on the same subject. It is one thing, though, to remember having done this before - as I may vaguely do - another to establish if this particular email is legit. Thanks again for confirming it.

No problem, I am from the school of better safe then sorry
    Domain Maven