Need Hard Drive Organization

HELP ME!

I have 2 computers, the main, and now I have a laptop.
    I have my wireless router setup, and a wireless card on my laptop.

Anyways, I do most of my working on my laptop, but I have most of my stuff on the main computer.

I have my laptop setup with wamp for testing, and the same goes for the desktop.

All my files for working are spread across both machines all the time, and I need some organization.

Anybody have a schematic they use for organizing there hard drives?

I need something that makes files easy to get too, and find.(ie, I dont want twenty level deep directories)

Thanks,
    Craig

BTW, love the new version of vb!

Put them all in one place, then on the other machine map the main folder as a network drive and then "make it available offline". This way everytime you do work you can sync everything up no matter which machine you were on at the time and you will always have the up to date files.
    Steve

Ok, that sounds good, have never heard of making a network drive avaliable offline, but I will give it a shot.

But I still need to figure out a clever scheme for the drives dirs. This is a secondary 80gig drive btw, so I can do whatever I need to make it more accessible, and useful.

I might just try organizing it myself again, this will probably be the third time I have tried to come up with a nice scheme for it.

Quote Originally Posted by csparks
    But I still need to figure out a clever scheme for the drives dirs. This is a secondary 80gig drive btw, so I can do whatever I need to make it more accessible, and useful.
    There is no right or wrong way to organize things. What works for me is to partition the drives as follows:
    OS Partition (holds the OS and closely related apps such as AV)
    APP Partition (everything else gets installed here also has dirs for things like downloads etc.)
    DATA Partition (just data, all apps modified/configured to use this partition for there data)
    This way all I need to backup is the small data partition and all data is in one easy to find location.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine