Poor Uptime from Cybexhost

Is anybody else here having trouble with Cybexhost?, their uptime is really pants at the moment, and my sites are down frequently. So far today mysql has been down for more than 4 hours, I tried to submit a trouble ticket, but the error also seemed to be affecting their support desk too . So I sent an email which so far as gone unanswered, no explanation.

MySQL eventually came back, but the site has been slllloooowwwwwww with server loads peaking at 12+, and now I can't reach either of my sites.

Here is a webhost who desperately needs a forum, or at least some form of getting announcements to it's customers in a timely manner, so we at least know what the heck is going on.

Get your act together Cybexhost

Additional:- Just Minutes after posting this, MySQL is throwing up errors again, and Cybex support is once again showing the same errors.
    Last edited by Chris1973; 10-28-2005 at 05:20 PM.

I see mySQL error message in their support page. But they have contact form, that you can leave your message http://www.cybexhost.com/nav.php?page=contact

give them a chance to explain why. might be under an attack?

Hi,

Thanks for the info, I submitted the original notification email via the same enquiry form over 8 hours ago, but it hasn't been answered. I've now found the CEO's email address and sent an email direct to this, will be interesting to see how long it takes to be replied to.

A simple 'We are working on it' would be better than nothing!, and most hosts can manage that much!, but at the moment we are in limbo, for all I know, they may even be blissfully unaware that they have a problem.
    Last edited by Chris1973; 10-28-2005 at 05:57 PM.

If your server is having constant load / MySQL issues, then you have one of two possibilities:

1. There's one abusive user in particular on the server flooding the MySQL server daily. Cybex would need to remove this client or set proper per-user connection limits in their my.cnf

2. They have hopelessly oversold their servers, in which case you can expect service to never improve, unless many customers of Cybexhost leave, thus lowering the traffic handled on the server.
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

Sounds like poss ddos

Quote Originally Posted by IncognitoNetworks
    1. There's one abusive user in particular on the server flooding the MySQL server daily. Cybex would need to remove this client or set proper per-user connection limits in their my.cnf
    I think that might have been an issue, seems like they fixed it now

Quote Originally Posted by apexinternet
    ask them to install apf, it will stop them
    How would that help with an overloaded MySQL server?
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

The server was back online within 1.5 hours of posting on here. I also got an email from the CEO of Cybex apologising for (i) The downtime and (ii) Not answering the email I sent earlier in the day. The last few days appear to have been fine, with no noticable downtime.

We'll see how stable the service is over the coming few months.

If your server is having constant load / MySQL issues, then you have one of two possibilities:

2. They have hopelessly oversold their servers, in which case you can expect service to never improve, unless many customers of Cybexhost leave, thus lowering the traffic handled on the server.
    I agree with you.
    ========================
    ========================

Well once again Cybexhost is showing how poor a webhost they are, I gave them the benefit of the doubt last time, but now my site has been down for approaching 6 hours, and this is in addition to the 2 hours of downtime which I had 36 hours previous, and once again, with no explanation.

I've had short periods of downtime before, lasting 10 - 15 mins on most of my previous hosts, so I normally give it an hour or so before worrying or submitting a ticket, but Cybex go one better!, when they go down, it's for hours, and so is their support desk.

Could somebody please check that their site is also down? - http://www.cybexhost.com I am hosted on the same server as their main website, which at first gave me hope - thinking that whilst the server is down and I'm losing business, so are they! - however I think the point is mute, they obviously aren't interested, and seem blissfully unaware of the ongoing problem.

Anybody recommend a good webhost? , I seem to have worked my way through most of them
    Last edited by Chris1973; 12-21-2005 at 10:23 AM.

Hello,

When there is such cases, where a service is down like MySQL, what kind of compensation would you like to have. Since you are an end user.

Just collecting information.

Thanks

With your suggestion on the per-user connection, doesnt that if a user has flooded the connection, it will stop him and others as well? I have configured that many years but then it stops the whole service!

Quote Originally Posted by WCHost
    Hello,

When there is such cases, where a service is down like MySQL, what kind of compensation would you like to have. Since you are an end user.

Just collecting information.

Thanks
    Hi there

I've had many instances where the site has been down for hours on end, either due to Mysql issues or the entire site being dead, and I can categorically state that I have never had a penny in compensation from Cybexhost, or any other host for that matter. Often even getting an explanation from them is hard work, and support, HA! as I write this i'm thinking..... what support!.

Compensation isn't really the issue or what i'm looking for, i'd settle for just a reassuring 'We are aware of the issue and working on it' style response. I'm just concerned about how many hours it takes to get a reply from them, and how quick these issues are resolved. Is Cybex a one man band?, or is it a proper company with staff?. I assumed that having a named CEO indicated a larger concern?, and was partly the reason I chose them.

I had hoped that cybexhost would have heeded the issues in the past, and either introduced a support forum or at least moved it's support system onto a seperate server. The lack of information leaves you guessing for the rest of the day!.

Would love to find a decent host, which has a better than average chance of making it through the month!.
    Last edited by Chris1973; 12-21-2005 at 10:46 AM.