hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : WebhostingBoy: Never die twice?

Forum Jump

WebhostingBoy: Never die twice?

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2005, 10:48 AM

WebhostingBoy: Never die twice?

Unlike the name of the movie, one CAN die twice! The web host WebhostingBoy just did!
In this forum it was reported over one year ago that Adeel Shah announced in 2004 that he went out of business. Dead.
Since then, he came to life again and refloated his web hosting and web design business.
Now, during the last days of October 2005, WebhostingBoy died again, this time apparently for good.
His server is dead, and instead I keep receiving messages from some other host, Provenance.nu (Korea), announcing that they are taking over the WebhostingBoy operations. Whether all packanges will simply be continued or broken off, is still unclear.
I'm writing this, because earlier this year I signed up with WebhostingBoy for a dirt cheap package, suitable for my needs, even though I read the horror strories abouth them a year ago. Surprisingly, their service was allright, with not too much downtime. And the price was allright too, really dirt cheap.
WebhostingBoy, I really came to like you. Rest in peace, and I'll pray for your soul to go to heaven.
Amen.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2005, 10:58 AM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
WebhostingBoy, I really came to like you. Rest in peace, and I'll pray for your soul to go to heaven.
Amen.
Sound like you had a close personal relationship with your host, and you really it after its disappearance.

Provenance.nu was registered recently, on 05-Sep-2005. I find that rather interesting.

Old 10-28-2005, 11:28 AM

Yes, a little...

When a web host gives me quite a reasonable service for a song, I sort of get attached to him. Personally, sort of.
When I started online in the late 1900s, my first host was Hypermart, who offered an ad-supported free service. Free, and very reliable. Then suddenly, after a year or two things started to unravel, especially their service. In the end they dumped their free accounts, and that was the end of my cozy personal relationship with Hypermart. Thy once were really good hosts, and I felt sorry for them.
The same is true about the WebhostingBoy. Even during his reincarnation - his second life - Adeel didn't let me down, so when I learned about his final demise, what else could I do than pray for the Boy's soul?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2005, 11:38 AM
The Geek is coming

Sorry to hear about your favorite web host dying.

How much were you paying for the 'dirt cheap' account and how much disk space and bandwidth was offered with it?

Old 10-28-2005, 11:57 AM

If can recollect correctly, it was a $10.00 a year deal from early 2005, 200 or 250 MB (later automatically increased to 999 MB), 1 GB bandwidth, plus all regular features; much more than I need for my e-business.
Now I migrated to a UK host. Exactly same price, same features. Can't give you any indication about their quality yet; too early.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted