Thread: Web Design

Web Design

Hi all,

just curios to see if a max budget of USD$150 could get you a decent looking website? No not winning the website of the year award, but something decent where visitors will say...hmmm not a bad site. I know most would say every result will have its price but its also true that paying USD$5000 does not always guarantee a good result.

Anyone?

Is the look of the Web site all you're concerned about? If so, then you can purchase a template for $50 that I'm sure will look more than decent.

If you're concerned about how your site functions, that's a whole other story. I'd say a $150 budget is inappropriately low. $5000 doesn't guarantee you a good result, but it does help guarantee the designer will be in business long enough to support his/her work for you well into the future. When you pay $150 for a site and you don't get what you want, you can expect the response from others to be "what did you expect for $150?"

How important is your site to your business? Is it really only worth $150 to you?
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Hi,

basically look is important as for how the site functions, well...as long as the links work (it is a simple html site) and the contact form is able to send emails. Support is not really required. So its just designing the site with all the required pages/links added write-ups and images, upload it and done.

I did think about templates and sounds like a good idea too and cost only, on average, USD$50

As for what this is worth? well, it will only be a 'test' site as to see how successful it will be, if after months/years it becomes the main selling tools then maybe a USD$5000 design would be considered.

Then perhaps your budget is just fine It will eliminate many potential designers from consideration, but if you can find the right person to meet your needs at your budget, then by all means put it forward. It's not uncommon to graduate to more comprehensive services after dipping ones toes into the water first.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Hi,

I think your best bet would be to get a template from template monster and get a coder to simply code it all for you for a small fee.

GOOD LUCK!

Your budget is just fine for what you are looking for.

what's the URL to Template Monster

templatemonster.com

Another good site is 4templates.com.

You can definitly get a great design for $150, I know alot of decent freelancers who work for that. With that being said you can also get a decent design for $5,000, difference being....the level of service, the amount of time they will put into it's creation, looking beyond the asthetics (branding, functionality etc). A website is not just about a pretty face!

Did you try offers section

Yes, You could get a very nice design with $150. Maybe just a psd but many designs would take that offer. Ussually sites that are worth $5,000 have the full site, unique contnet, maybe some flash etc.

$150 can get you a nice design. Goto were the designers hang out and request a bid for your project, many of the people who are willing todo it for that price are youngsters or someone who needs something to put in his/her portfolio and also in some parts of the world when $150 can be alot of money. Also as someone has suggested that buying a template and do some little modification to it can save you money and get a good result, though it is always better to have a custom made website to fit your need.

Quote Originally Posted by rois
    well, it will only be a 'test' site as to see how successful it will be
    This is where your thinking if flaud in my opinion. The site sells the product; if your site looks like 10 others out there and 50,000 other alike template monster templates, then chances are it will hinder your sales.

$5,000 is a little crazy, think about what you need, it might just be 4 or 5 main pages and you can do the rest yourself.
    Last edited by the_pm; 12-11-2005 at 03:03 PM.
    Loading Deck
    Freelance web designer
    XHTML CSS web sites

How low can you go ?

If you are going to spend $150 on your site, you are going to get $150 worth site.
    You might to plan your strategy first. Maybe generate more funds from local sponsors , etc?

You best bet would be a template, but then again, What Makes You Different ?
    What will make the visitor buy from you and not the other 50 sites ?
    Datums Internet Solutions, LLC
    Systems Engineering & Managed Hosting Services
    Complex Hosting Consultants

Try a template.
    I'm sure you can find a template under $150
    May be you can find a free template @ oswd.org.

Cheers,
    Beruska.
    DevOps / VoIP Engineer / Linux System Engineer
    Available