Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yahoo's support is very slow. And when they received your email they will reply by asking you to give your Yahoo ID, Domain name, Date of Birth, Any one of the following: [Zip Code, Alt Email Address, Street Address, or Phone Number] etc.

I just registered 20 domain names with them last 2 weeks. Godaddy is definitely better. Jerry Yang or David Filo have to do something about this.

As for me I prefer to contact Jerry or David personally at jerry@yahoo.com or david@yahoo.com . rfol

Quote Originally Posted by koushibasaki
    As for me I prefer to contact Jerry or David personally at jerry@yahoo.com or david@yahoo.com . rfol
    Do you know them personally?
    Domain Maven

Quote Originally Posted by koushibasaki
    Never ever trust these unofficial mail IDs over the net , you are dealing with sensitive information.

The issue is likely support at MelbourneIT, which as has been mentioned here, is Yahoo's wholesaler. The issue of MelbourneIT's support (or lack thereof) cam up during the Panix.com hijacking, when it turned out they simply didn't provide any support staff on the weekends. Any problems had to wait until Monday. Since Panix.com got hijacked on a Friday night, that was a big problem ...
    RichM
    Game Server Hosting Guide
    Premier Directory of Game Server Providers

Quote Originally Posted by ebiohosting
    Never ever trust these unofficial mail IDs over the net , you are dealing with sensitive information.
    I think he just assumed they were valid email addresses
    Domain Maven

Quote Originally Posted by vEr5e
    i have no problem with their control panel.
    i can log in configure the stuff...EXCEPT there are some problems with the dns thing. no matter what nameservers i have changed to, it will still show that damn yahoo under construction page though it should appear that page cannot be displayed message on my browser.

and i am starting to worry if i can transfer the domain out in future.

You usually have to wait 24 hours for the settings to propogate to all the servers. sometimes you get lucky and you can view your site within an hour or so. You ought to be able to transfer it out - even if they tell you that you can't. I did that with Tripod a couple of years ago. They told me that if I did not stay with them for a year they were going to keep my domain name - only I transferred my domain name out before I cancelled.

Warning: Yahoo domains does not allow you transfer domains from other registars. I signed up for their $2.95 deal and they refused to refund me after giving a generic response in the email. What kind of registar (yahoo) doesn't accept transfers in? Nonsense! Stay away from Yahoo, they stole my money and I'm still talking with the bank for a credit card refund.

In one sense Yahoo has done you a favor by not letting you transfer into their lousy service. Attempting to keep the money for doing nothing should be illegal. They probably figure you won't waste the time to push a complaint. I would do so as a matter of principle. It will cost them time which costs money to have a person respond to a BBB and Santa Clara DA complaint. Well, maybe not much. They probably have that pretty automated.
    Why won't they let you transfer in? Well, the $2.95 deal is a loss leader. They'll only make money if you happen to be satisfied enough to renew or to buy more services. Someone buying a new domain might do that. Someone who is already familiar with transferring domains is a high risk of not remaining satisfied with their service.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12