Question Ghost Lines On Monitor

Does anyone know why a monitor would show a slight ghost image of each letter and image next to it? It is not a electrical issue as in power lines or unstable power source. Can something be done to correct this? This is a used monitor (Gateway vx720) I bought and it works well besides that which is bad for detailed work. I opened the cover and found that the ground wires that led from the front to the base frame was not attached (it was cut), could that cause this?
    Services: SMF Theme Creation | Play: Best Text RPG (Browser game)

I have the exact same problem (occured after we moved and the monitor was in the trunk of the car) and I'd like to hear if anyone has a way to fix it.

Well it seems that we have no monitor technicians here, so if you come across an answer please do post it.

I am assuming that you guys are using CRT monitors right? Have you tried the degauss (sp?) feature?
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Yes. tried it, but it does not work, also doesn't an auto degauss happen everytime you turn on the monitor?

I have never seen a monitor that has an auto-deguass everytime you turn it on, but then again I have not seen too many monitors to be speaking about that

Other than that the only trick I have heard of is hooking up a few big magnets to a power drill (so they spin) and running it in front of your monitor to remove problems. Try at your own risk...
    Mike from Zoodia.com

I know magnets cure color problems, but I doubt ghost lines are cured from it. Either way I do not have large magnets

magnets can also cause problems, so keep that in mind
    8i Networks - Advanced Web Solutions
    Web Hosting, Web Design, Domain Names and E-Commerce
    Providing Affordable, Reliable and Scalable Web Solutions Since 2000.

Well about the only other thing I could suggest is just getting a new monitor. I know that's the last thing you wanted to hear most likely. I purcahsed two 17" LCD's from Newegg for $200 a piece + few dollars for shipping.
    Mike from Zoodia.com

I've had similar problems with a CRT monitor when running Debian on it. It turned out to be a RGB setting issue in the end.

Try recalibrating your screen, maybe that helps.
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

Mine is a LCD monitor, actually.

I get that problem when i use VGA on my monitor instead of the DVI Connector.
    ••• Edrick Smith •••
    ••• C47 Hosting LLC | Media Centric High Demand Web Services •••

DVI connector, what is that?