Update to 151hosting.com Fraud

This is an update for the original post at:
    http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=445500

I just want to let everyone know that Eric from 151hosting.com promised me a refund after I made this original post last month. However he "claims" that someone stole his credit card and used it on paypal and that he owe paypal $1700 so he had to send a check to paypal to pay off the negative balance before refunding the money to me. I personally think this is a lie already. He also told me that my refund will be given 30 days through paypal because his check has to clear to paypal. It has been way past 30 days and I private messaged him on AIM and he instantly blocked me again. Eric is such a lair, everything he has been doing and saying is a lie. The 30 day for refund excuse is probably just said to me so that I would forget about my payment to him. I still strongly do not believe that my machine according to his excuse was Ddos attacked as everyone already knows when a machine is DDosed, your IP addresses are NOT PINGABLE. Not to mention the Apache startup page won't show as well.

Here were some chat logs from AIM:

<conversation on the 22nd of September>
    ThunderStormXz: i am assuming ddos attack stopped by now ?
    ThunderStormXz: so can I log into machine to see that you didn't format it ?
    OneFiveOneNET: no
    OneFiveOneNET: read what i wrote
    OneFiveOneNET: dods went on for 3 days - we shut it off - then you filed paypal
    OneFiveOneNET: we lost money
    OneFiveOneNET: at any rate
    OneFiveOneNET: i can prove we didnt format it but its been like 10 days
    OneFiveOneNET: we sold the box - but ur still gettign a full refund
    OneFiveOneNET: instead of prorated
    OneFiveOneNET: and im eating the damages
    OneFiveOneNET: for the dods
    ThunderStormXz: you have access to you mrtg
    ThunderStormXz: can I see your network graph ?
    OneFiveOneNET: yeah i can show u mrtg
    OneFiveOneNET: one sec
    OneFiveOneNET: can i send it to u tommorow
    OneFiveOneNET: its 12:00 AM
    OneFiveOneNET: ill have the guy at fluid
    OneFiveOneNET: send u the logs
    OneFiveOneNET: of teh ddos

I never got logs btw and I wouldn't believe it anyways as main IP address was pingable and loginable except password was changed and the "DDos attack happens right after I paid him $200 that night". My FTP accounts were also wiped ( he formatted the box and doesn't want to admit it ). Eric has also been known to scam people for money as mentioned in the original post that I posted last month. He is a scammer and totally unprofessional and should NOT be trusted. Avoid 151hosting.com as I've suffered from this and don't want anyone else to fall for his scams.
    Last edited by renegadeavenger; 10-27-2005 at 09:05 AM.

Just looking at this Chat log that you have posted. He does not seem to be a professional at all, I believe he is playing you around.

Can you just ask him to send you a refund via money order or cheque instead?? You can also do a direct money transfer via the bank I believe.

Hope everything works out for you,

Regards

GS

Sorry to hear about this problem it's a tuff break.
    How about filing or threatning to file a lawsuit and making a bigger claim?

I'm sure he would be more egar to give you MRTG Graphs and other information you needed.

Regards,

I've got to admit, I'm still curious as to the name (why someone would name their company 151 hosting, when they have no services, nor affiliation with anything in 151 Front Street [Canada's largest carrier hotel])?

Can anyone shed some light onto that? That question has been wandering my mind for quite some time now (what else is 151 a reference to)? Needless to say, it doesen't do 151's general image any favors by having unaffiliated potential fraudsters referencing its name to push services not even based in the same country (unless theres another naming reference I'm missing).

Quote Originally Posted by porcupine
    I've got to admit, I'm still curious as to the name (why someone would name their company 151 hosting, when they have no services, nor affiliation with anything in 151 Front Street [Canada's largest carrier hotel])?

Can anyone shed some light onto that? That question has been wandering my mind for quite some time now (what else is 151 a reference to)? Needless to say, it doesen't do 151's general image any favors by having unaffiliated potential fraudsters referencing its name to push services not even based in the same country (unless theres another naming reference I'm missing).
    Maybe they like Bacardi 151? *shrug*

I am assuming 151hosting is an American 'company'

In that case, you don't really expect us Americans to know about 151 Front Street in Canada, let alone any major cities outside of our borders?

(To those that are going to feel the need to bash me for this post, it was a joke, I am from the good ol' US of A, so don't take offense)

Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Ironic that he had his card 'stolen'

A lawsuit wouldn't be difficult at all.... assuming if I could get all the group affected or that has been scammed according to the original thread I think it would be appropriate... It is not the first time he has done this and many people were stuck with money being scammed when he abuse the Paypal policy of "virtual items"

Bacardi 151 (151 Proof) if you can swallow it, stuff will make your ears ring and your face sweat clear through the weekend.

aka, Felony Fuel

There are quite a few posts here about this guy and company.. If you search the name here you should find quite a few interesting topics..

yeah.. too bad I didn't check until after he scammed me

yes I remember the good ol days when he use to frequent here....the board is so much quieter and informative now

Quote Originally Posted by jt2377
    isn't he some kind of kiddies host?
    Just a run of the mill fraudster. Nothing special

Just realized this was never responded to as the issues were ultimately all resolved ... please feel free to message privately if any outstanding issues / questions.
    Last edited by The Broadband Man; 06-19-2012 at 02:33 AM.
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!

Also - meant to mention this (not sure if this is allowed by rules), this is an industry filled with customers who want everything for nothing and they're always right. WHT also seems to be a place where mob mentality takes over and people will take a stab at competitors every chance you get

I guess hindsight really is priceless, if you look at the accounts now, many were dupe accounts made by competitors (and now banned) and of everyone that posted, only ONE person on this thread had EVER done business with us and is indeed the "kiddie host" that everyone seems to trash.

Anyway, reflecting back, it is unfortunate that this matter had to be taken care of publicly but it also shows just how opportunistic these posts are and I see tons of people trashing competitors under the guise of "community". Also it's a bit unfair that things are so frequently tried in the court of public opinion (it's like a hotel being lambasted on TripAdvisor). Both hosts as well as customers are guilty. Some hosts publicly trash their customers while other customers publicly trash their hosts. We've all been guilty of it at some point and it's unfortunate.

I hold no enmity towards any of these posters and I've personally learned alot from this experience. I sincerely hope we all don't replicate this.