Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Here, let's try that again

Search function repositioning, sans "drop-up" goofiness.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails search_example.png  
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Things are rendering (not loading, rendering) a bit slower for me as well.

See attachment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails error.jpg  

Great work, I think the forums look much better than before
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

Quote Originally Posted by 6PS-Chris
    Things are rendering (not loading, rendering) a bit slower for me as well.
    Everything seems a lot faster for me, though that just could from the Google Web Accelerator I have installed.
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

Not sure if this was mentioned yet or not, but there are two boxes for MSN handle in the user CP (in two seperate sections).

Not really a big issue, though, just a bit confusing.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

I don't like this "report a post" button. It's completely nondescript. In fact, if you would have asked me what that button did, I would have guessed that it showed a user's profile. I think the "Report this post to the moderators" text should come back. It worked fine the way it was before. Why change it into an anonymous button?

I also think the "Quick reply" button is non-intuitive. Again, it doesn't inform the user at all of what it is. Why not just make a "Quick reply" button that looks like the "Quote" button?

The moral of this story is, as every design journal will tell you, don't use icons unless the user explicitly knows what they are. In this case, neither of these buttons are informative enough to let the user know what they are going to do before he/she clicks them. Thus, they will not be clicked. In the case of "Report this post", that's actually critical, because a lot of people won't know how to report posts, and they won't bother if they can't find the link like it was before. This is going to create a lot of unnecessary work for the mods and re-training for the users of this site. I say take it away and bring back our text link.

The other problem I'm having is that I'm not easily able to "track" from the title/author side to the last replier/views side of a thread in the forum view. Could you bring back the 1px gray bar or something on the top and bottom of each post as an easy visual guide to discerning posts? This wasn't a problem before, so the 1px gray bar you had before was working. Example

Otherwise, looks good.
    Erica Douglass, Founder, Simpli Hosting, Inc.
    »»» I founded Simpli Hosting, and sold it in 2007 to Silicon Valley Web Hosting after over 6 years in the business.
    Now I'm blogging at erica.biz!

It asks me if I should show my premium member image, but i'm not a premium member.

Excellent work on the upgrade, Mat.

the only problem ive seen so far is that the "mark all topics/forums read" link is gone can we see about getting this back ??
    8i Networks - Advanced Web Solutions
    Web Hosting, Web Design, Domain Names and E-Commerce
    Providing Affordable, Reliable and Scalable Web Solutions Since 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by GroveStreetNetworks
    the only problem ive seen so far is that the "mark all topics/forums read" link is gone can we see about getting this back ??
    It ain't gone, its just moved! Scroll down right above "Whos Online" and you'll see "View Forum Leaders" and "Mark Forums Read" .

About the Report Post and Quick Reply buttons... IMO the Quicky Reply button is useless, and I don't think I will ever use it (I use the box from time to time). I don't think many other people use it, and with how small it is its out of the way and nondrescript. You can always mouseover it to find out what button it is, no big loss if the newbies don't find it (IMO).

Now, the Report a Bad Post button... I agree that could use a little jazzing up. The text would look awkward there, but how about a red exclamation point?
    Something like this....

!

I think that with a button background would look pretty good, and convey the Report a Bad Post meaning .

Also we really need that hack to report our own posts, otherwise WHT Helpdesk will be full of tickets that say...

"Can you edit my post? Its in the 2nd thread in the VPS forum, 2nd page, 4th post from the top!"

I think I posted the link to the plugin in the Suggestions forum.

Is it just me or do the posts feel a little more crushed and scrunched together?

Other than that, you know a lot of thought went into the development of this release because I'm finding neat little features all over the place.

Ciao.

Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.

It sure seems like the number of Views of individual threads is way down. A thread can sit in the Lounge for 20 minutes with only 1 view now. Is that because it only counts hits from logged in users? Sorry I'm a little ignorant of vB 3.5 and this could very well be how it's supposed to work.

I found a bug.

If you click on the "website" in the buttons at the bottom of that user's post, then it doesn't open up in a new window.

Great job to all involved in this upgrade.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Quote Originally Posted by niyogi
    Is it just me or do the posts feel a little more crushed and scrunched together?
    I find it harder to read posts, with the text lines being closer together.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Whoa. This is truly amazing. I never thought I'd see the day when WHT was upgraded to vB 3.x, let alone 3.5.0 with AJAX functionality, and I certainly didn't expect it tonight after not having browsed here for a couple days! Good job, Prohacker!

I'm very pleased with this change of "scenery," so to speak, and very content with the novelty of this new version. It's something else to have fun with... in addition to the digital camera and iPod I received for my birthday. NOVELTY OVERLOAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob
    Yup, I'm also not too fond off the Tahoma font, Verdana is/was better.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Quote Originally Posted by adb22791
    It ain't gone, its just moved! Scroll down right above "Whos Online" and you'll see "View Forum Leaders" and "Mark Forums Read" .

About the Report Post and Quick Reply buttons... IMO the Quicky Reply button is useless, and I don't think I will ever use it (I use the box from time to time). I don't think many other people use it, and with how small it is its out of the way and nondrescript. You can always mouseover it to find out what button it is, no big loss if the newbies don't find it (IMO).

Now, the Report a Bad Post button... I agree that could use a little jazzing up. The text would look awkward there, but how about a red exclamation point?
    Something like this....

!

I think that with a button background would look pretty good, and convey the Report a Bad Post meaning .

Also we really need that hack to report our own posts, otherwise WHT Helpdesk will be full of tickets that say...

"Can you edit my post? Its in the 2nd thread in the VPS forum, 2nd page, 4th post from the top!"

I think I posted the link to the plugin in the Suggestions forum.

i know about the link at the bottom of the index, but im looking for the ones in the seprate forums
    8i Networks - Advanced Web Solutions
    Web Hosting, Web Design, Domain Names and E-Commerce
    Providing Affordable, Reliable and Scalable Web Solutions Since 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by GroveStreetNetworks
    i know about the link at the bottom of the index, but im looking for the ones in the seprate forums
    Check the forum tools menu - Upper Right of each forum.

Love the upgrade! good job!

Quote Originally Posted by elix
    Yup, I'm also not too fond off the Tahoma font, Verdana is/was better.
    I agree
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

I found a bug.

If you click on the "website" in the buttons at the bottom of that user's post, then it doesn't open up in a new window.

Great job to all involved in this upgrade.
    I think it should be like that. This way, you actually have some choice of how you want to open the link. If you want to open it in a new window, simply right click it, and select "open in new window", or "open in new tab".

The upgrade seems to have gone through rather smoothly! Good job guys.

My only problem is with the tables of the different forum sections, seem to be much more open and roomy than before, I'd rather have them more tightly together like older version, that is for thread listings as well, seems to be much more space in between or maybe it's just me.

Thanks
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

As I told Jan, the close letters and lines make me dizzy. And I get tired quickly because of them.

Mooommyyyy!

I for one like tahoma over verdana.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by MStar
    I for one like tahoma over verdana.
    What he said.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast