Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I know I just thought I would share

Sorry if someone else has posted this:

When trying to search, the search box lands behind the 728x banner. (in Firefox)
    HostGator.com - A worldwide leader in Shared, Reseller, VPS and Dedicated Server Hosting.

Yes, I posted the search box problem - but I forgot to say that I'm using Internet Explorer.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Quote Originally Posted by justadollarhostin
    I may just be blind here, but where is the button to report a post/thread to a mod?
    All of the "buttons" are gone as far as posts are concerned (profile, www, search, etc). That's a bit disapointing actually.
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor

When trying to search, the search box lands behind the 728x banner. (in Firefox)
    Works perfectly here, most likely it's a resolution thing, not a browser thing. Lower resolution will probably do that, I can see that happening

Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech
    All of the "buttons" are gone as far as posts are concerned (profile, www, search, etc). That's a bit disapointing actually.
    Click on the user name over there <<<<<<<<<<<
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue
    Click on the user name over there <<<<<<<<<<<
    Not everything is there. I'm familliar with vb3.x . Most of the stuff is there, even webpage, it just makes it a LOT harder for the end user to find it, rather than clicking on a button, the user has to click on something that they may (or may not) know is clickable like that , hence the suggestion to bring the buttons back

Very nice. Good job Mat
    Evoken webhost coming soon!

Yeh. There are some things I like about vB2 better. But, maybe they're just things I need to get used to in vB3.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Haven't seen anyone mentioned this yet, but how do we search for new posts? I used to be able to do that with the old VB forum, but now it only brings up the search page.

Hey all, I'm the graphics guy here at iNET in case you didn't know. I noticed someone mentioned the buttons not being in the posts. That got me thinking because I made sure they were there. I put them there, because I know alot of people like them. For some reason that template didn't install right, so I just now fixed it.

Regarding the search dropping down behind the banners. I didn't notice that before, but it's doing that when the banner is a flash banner. It's a bug in HTML, all flash shows up on top of all other objects, even layers that you try to put over them. So the only way to fix that is to take away the drop down and just have a "Search" link there that takes you to the search section like the footer link does. Let me know about your thoughts on that.
    Last edited by gregorykai; 10-27-2005 at 03:49 PM.
    Greg
    Creative Director,
    iNET Interactive

Greg, the ordering issue isn't limited to Flash. Plug-in content of any kind always gets positioning priority over HTML elements (Java Applets, embedded video, etc.).

Instead of getting rid of it (though I'm a fan of the advanced version myself), how about springing it out sideways? Or even better, style it so it fits nice and neat in the light blue area above the Search link, next to the rackspace bug. Remove the "Search Forums" title (we already know this is what we're doing), and squeeze it up in there.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Few things I've noticed. It does seem to load slower, but then again, its just back up, so it could be everyone trying out all the new features, and such.

Sticky posts. Adding a line break between them and the normal posts would be really nice.

And sig lines seem to be really close to the normal posts. Almost seem to run together on a few posts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sigsclosetopost.JPG  
    Happily hosting @ Dathorn.com (Since 3/2003), Ispeeds.net (Since 2004), & Quadspeedi.net (Since 7/2005)!
    Hosted @ FDC for 9 Years

Instead of getting rid of it (though I'm a fan of the advanced version myself), how about springing it out sideways?
    Sideways is just wrong, and moving it up any is going to get it covered (like it wasn't already) even more by both dropdown menus.
    Instead of doing that, though wny not move everything in that row to the top, right NEXT to the find a host button. That would solve (almost) all of the problems, as neither set of dropdowns (inet/find a host) would cover the links , as they do now, and the search link would work properly.

As it is now, the search link is fine, it's showing up just dandy, however once the larger banners get in there, it'd be cut off I'm sure. Of course, this is going to be different at lower resolutions, as I'm running 1600x1024 .

Nicely done y'all!

Seems that Dennis, Jan etc doesn't have a premium badge now?
    Tyler Cole
    Eeek, a Blog

In Profile Options there are now two places to enter a MSN Messenger ID. I'm fairly certain there was only one before the upgrade. Don't know if that qualifies as a "bug" or if it's there by design.

Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech
    Sideways is just wrong, and moving it up any is going to get it covered (like it wasn't already) even more by both dropdown menus.
    I'm not saying move the entire link in either direction. I'm saying when someone pops open the search function, it could live in that space. If it's no in use, you simply don't see it. If you have JavaScript turned off, you automatically go to the advanced page anyway. That little space is perfect, and you don't have to change the skin to accommodate it
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Thumbs up Well Done!

I know from the chat we had in Chicago you were dreading the day this migration came, Mat. I am glad to see you got around to doing it though

There will of course be some minor issues that need to be worked out, but considering the size of this upgrade I think it has gone extremely smoothly.

I am sure some of the backend moderation tools etc. in 3.5.x will prove fairly useful to Dennis and the team as the community continues to grow.

A job well done to everyone involved

- Chris

Quote Originally Posted by CTG
    In Profile Options there are now two places to enter a MSN Messenger ID. I'm fairly certain there was only one before the upgrade. Don't know if that qualifies as a "bug" or if it's there by design.
    I think in v2.x there wasn't the option for MSN, and I guess they forgot to remove it. While we're on the subject of profiles, it would be nice if we (users) could have the option to hide our birth year like we used to be able to. Also, the "Online" text in our profile looks a bit out of place, maybe it should be made smaller or have the color changed.

Overall thumbs up to iNet and everyone else who worked on this upgrade!

Edit: The "Reply with Quote" button in PM's seems to be missing!
    Last edited by Alex; 10-27-2005 at 03:24 PM.

Here's what I'm talking about for the search function. Maybe not exactly like this, but you get the idea. Just have it pop open like that when you click the SEARCH link. Have it hide away when you click anywhere else on the screen, or time it out after 10 seconds or something.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails search_example.png  

Show Premium Image - Show your premium meber image under your name

Under Profile - Edit options at the bottom of the page...
    BTi-Hosting.co.uk High quality hosting, low low prices.
    One step ahead of the competition - Today IS tomorrow.
    FraudWise.Net - Fight the fraud!

Quote Originally Posted by adb22791
    I think in v2.x there wasn't the option for MSN, and I guess they forgot to remove it. While we're on the subject of profiles, it would be nice if we (users) could have the option to hide our birth year like we used to be able to. Also, the "Online" text in our profile looks a bit out of place, maybe it should be made smaller or have the color changed.

Overall thumbs up to iNet and everyone else who worked on this upgrade!

Edit: The "Reply with Quote" button in PM's seems to be missing!
    My profile has an option to hide my birthday to everybody except the moderators. Double-check under Profile, then Edit Profile, should be near the top.

Cool upgrade overall. So far all I can find are low priority trivial problems. WHT is loading faster than ever.

I think that is a bit goofy the_pm, a tad on the un-natural side. It's not usually normal for a drop down menu to drop.. err.. fall up? I removed the drop down menu title row, that helped a bit. I'm not going to restructure the whole nav bar to make this work, so we might have to just lost the drop down. It's not that great of a feature to ruin the header for.
    Greg
    Creative Director,
    iNET Interactive

Ah, but it's not a drop down menu. It's a popup feature. There's no reason to restructure anything. Just put the basic search feature in its own little container, position it absolutely and pop it open using Z-index/DOM. You won't have to touch anything within the layout, and the markup to accomplish this is remarkably small and easy to create.

I'm not saying it has to go in that spot. That was just a suggestion. But to remove a piece of useful functionality because it might not be as pretty when someone happens to use it sounds like an awfully bad tradeoff to me.

Same thing here, but it usually happens with a Flash banner. Since I'm on Firefox, I usually block Flash stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor

73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast