Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Well I like the fact that we've finally upgraded, but pages are now taking very long to load or render. Anyone else experiencing this problem? I'm using Firefox v1.0.7.
    Have you Floble'd today?

Honastly i have not seen wht load so fast in months. :-D TOP NOTCH JOB
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

found a misspelling under profile, edit options, misc options.

"Show your premium meber image under your name"

Looks gr8
    Thanks for upgrading to 3.5
    RVH Cloud - Every day hosting solutions since 2003
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting VPS Dedicated Servers True 24 x 7 x 365 Support

Hmm. That New Posts page is definitely different (to a fault). It used to be that I caould simply refresh the page and I would see the most recent posts. Now it seems that it only refreshes the threads that are currently listed on the page. So I have to go back to the home page and click New Posts link again to see a true representation of the most recent posts.

I sure hope this is an easy fix, as it would otherwise be a pain...

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

This is awesome I must say. One small bug I have found is an image having a border in the sub-forum listing.
    Image attached.
    Not really a bug but, its there
    Using IE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails border.JPG  
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Knogle
    Well I like the fact that we've finally upgraded, but pages are now taking very long to load or render. Anyone else experiencing this problem? I'm using Firefox v1.0.7.
    Not everything is cause and effect, it's loading the same for me, it occasionally loaded slow before the upgrade too, probably has little, if anything, to do with the upgrade.

I personally see it loading much quicker. As WebDev suggests, the upgrade likely has little to do with your current load time.

Vito
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

On the main page, under Web Hosting Forum, the subforum title/indicator is linked, while none of the others are.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Under Profile, Edit Signature, in Firefox and Opera the emoticons don't line up with the box. They both seem to work just fine, so it is merely a cosmetic issue
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails whtprofile.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by WebDev
    Not everything is cause and effect, it's loading the same for me, it occasionally loaded slow before the upgrade too, probably has little, if anything, to do with the upgrade.
    Fair enough, it's actually blazingly fast for me now.

And wow, I really like the fact that it tells you how much longer you have to wait before you can make your next post. We didn't have that previously.

And is it me, or am I seeing new posts that I make in a thread without actually refreshing it?

Amazing.
    Have you Floble'd today?

I may just be blind here, but where is the button to report a post/thread to a mod?
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Quote Originally Posted by Knogle
    Fair enough, it's actually blazingly fast for me now.

And wow, I really like the fact that it tells you how much longer you have to wait before you can make your next post. We didn't have that previously.

And is it me, or am I seeing new posts that I make in a thread without actually refreshing it?

Amazing.
    Welcome to AJAX

Moderation on a VB 3.5 board is even more amazing.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Quote Originally Posted by vito
    FYI, TP, I see a small bug. I posted in a thread that was at the bottom of the New Posts page. Then when I refreshed the New Posts page, the thread did not move up to the top of the page - it stayed at the bottom (see attachment and notice the timestamp). However, if I then go to the WHT home page and click New Posts, the thread is properly placed at the top of the page.

Vito
    Check the dropdown 'sorted by' box at the bottom of the page. We're used to most-recent-post sorting but I've noticed some forums are set differently, for some reason.

I'm wondering how many more times I'll be asked to login today?

Also, my posts-per-page is set for 40 (or whatever else I try) but I only get 15 regardless.
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...

Upgrade is pretty nice, but....

There's always a but, isn't there?

The Search link at the top of the page isn't usable for me now. It pops up a little search box thing, but it pops up BEHIND the banner ad. Obviously the one at the bottom works, but I didn't realize it was there until I was looking for the HelpDesk link.

Fix it, fix it, fix it, fix it, fix it...please!

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Might want to add to this post: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=455860 Also let 'em know under which web browser this is happening.

I posted a new thread in the "Running a web hosting business" forum, and the database glitched. (Got a "DB error, a message has been sent to tech support"). I hit refresh to finish posting my post, and now there are 2 threads. One has the post, the other does not.

Also, the Usernames in posts, can they be at least Bolded again? With al the small text, it is harder to pick out individual users posts.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBison
    Check the dropdown 'sorted by' box at the bottom of the page. We're used to most-recent-post sorting but I've noticed some forums are set differently, for some reason.
    Sorry, Eric. I don't follow. On which page should I be looking for this drop down box?

Vito

Quote Originally Posted by BigBison
    Sorry, Eric. I don't follow. On which page should I be looking for this drop down box?

Vito

Great job guys. I would like just to say the jump from Version 2 of vBulletin to Version 3 is quite some jump, but seriously worth it.

A number of issues that are being brought up, are generally small configuration issues, which I'm sure the guys will sort out as soon as the can.

I've been running version 3 of vbulletin for some time now, on another site and the admin and running of it is great

If I may raise an issue...

The tab-index on the 'advanced' post page....

It would be nice if tab'ing from the edit pane took you to the post button like it 'usta.

I prefer not to have to jog to the mouse.

Yes, my name is Jacob, and I am a lazy poster.
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs