hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Hosting Security and Technology : Windows 2000 SATA VLAN issue

Forum Jump

Windows 2000 SATA VLAN issue

Reply Post New Thread In Hosting Security and Technology Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-26-2005, 06:29 PM
Web Hosting Guru

Windows 2000 SATA VLAN issue

Here is the problem.

I have 4 machines connected in a Vlan and they all have second NIC cards that go to a different router to the core router.

One of the machines has a 250GB secondary SATA drive.

I have created shares on this drive and also on the primary SATA drive.

When any of the other 3 machines try and pull files from the secondary drive the speed hits 6MB/s and then it just bombs, down to less then 1MB/s.

When any of those same machines try and pull files from the main drive the speeds transfer at 10MB/s across the private network.

The problem is further compounded because I want the 3 other machines to connect to the shared folders and serve the content out to the web.

I know I can pull the files between machines around 1MB/s however when I try and download the file through another machine (machine 4 serving the shared file on machine 1) the download speed is 72kb/s exactly, per thread, with no variations. When I pull the file directly from machine 1 it downloads around 600kb/s. When I download files off the main hard drive of machine 4 it goes at the 600kb/s speed as well.

I know there is some sort of disconect going on here, but I have re-loaded drivers, made sure everything is up to date, but I don't see why I am having such a speed issue.

The servers are shut off to the public right now, so the only traffic on all 4 boxes is from traffic I put on them.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Windows Azure, Xbox Live Experience Problems as Xbox One Launches Web Hosting News 2013-11-22 13:05:40
WHMCS Security Issue Allows for Information Disclosure Web Hosting News 2013-10-25 09:30:46
Expired SSL Certificate Brings Down Windows Azure Cloud Web Hosting News 2013-02-25 10:38:00
Gandi Meets Private Cloud Networking Challenge, Plans Open-Source Release Web Hosting News 2013-02-15 12:23:57
Cloud Outage hits Windows Azure in Western Europe (via Data Center Knowledge) Web Hosting News 2012-11-14 16:57:30