Thread: Dell Restore?

Dell Restore?

I wanted to know if anyone knew the little button combination (ex. ctrl + f12 + shift) that you press before the system loads that sends dell into a complete system reformat. I have done it before, I just cant remember the button combination.

The first time I needed to do it (this summer) i thought I needed the windows XP cd or the dell restore cd, but apparently, atleast for me, there was a button combination that I had to press (which i found on dell's website) that automatically erased your harddrive and sent it back to how I first ordered it.

Does anyone remember or know what that is?

Thanks
    "Let go, Let God"
    "He didn't lose his life on the cross, He gave it"
    "No matter which path you choose, you can only move forward"

A quick search on Google with the query site:dell.com key combination system restore returns this page from their support forums as the first result. The second post in that thread links to the following page on Dell's support site:
    http://support.dell.com/support/topi...en&s=dhs&cs=19

And the answer is revealed there: it's Ctrl-F11.

i actually found it a few minutes after I posted this... but for some reason its not working on my friends computer (although it still works for mine).
    "Let go, Let God"
    "He didn't lose his life on the cross, He gave it"
    "No matter which path you choose, you can only move forward"

It's not available on all Dell systems, so your friend's may not have it. According to a post in the support thread above, it's on Inspirion systems shipped after 7-15-2004.