Email Forwarding - Clarification Needed

I am looking for clarification regarding an issue with email forwarding.

Let me give you a scenario:

Bob has setup emaila [at] domaina.com
    Bob has also setup emailb [at] domainb.com

He has a forwarder setup for all emails going to emaila [at] domaina.com to be sent to emailb [at] domainb.com

Bob receives his emails via Outlook, using the emailb [at] domainb.com address.

He sends emails with the address emaila [at] domaina.com (Yet he insists he hasn't got any settings in Outlook for emaila [at] domaina.com. He just uses multiple identities, so really he is replying using emailb [at] domainb.com but to the recipient, it looks like it has come from emaila [at] domaina.com

Now, because email [at] domaina.com is physically setup in cPanel. All emails are getting clogged up in that account. (Over 100mb so far).

If I delete the account emaila [at] domaina.com, but keep the forwarder in place, will Bob still receive emails at emailb [at] domainb.com that have been sent to emaila [at] domaina.com, and will he still be able to send emails, using the identity emaila [at] domaina.com? Also, if I delete the account, will he lose any of his emails in Outlook, or are they downloaded, and therefore can't be lost, without deleting them in Outlook?

I think that makes sense. At least it does to me.
    Last edited by Jamie Harrop; 10-26-2005 at 09:26 AM.
    - Jamie Harrop

He will be able to receive the emails as long as the forwarding rules are in place.
    He still should be able to send email from emailA as long as he uses mail.emailadomain.com in his Outlook setup. (I think)

If you delete his account it won't effect emails he has already downloaded to Outlook.

Perfect, thanks Michael. That is just what I was looking for.
    - Jamie Harrop