eNom whois-services.com ?

following up on the thread here also enom had added new thingie to their whois something like this line:
    Whois-Services: yqh7pyx2pph4y.example.com@whois-services.com

and i dont find anything in the news nor emailed to ETPs about it yet.

anyone happens to know anything about this? i'm dropping them a ticket but just wondering
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Where do you see that? I whois'ed a few domains at eNom adn didn't see that.

try whois enom.com or kuwaitnet.net

check below the expire/creation date
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

I'm seeing it, too. No idea why it's there.. have you tried emailing the address?

nope, you did?

Just sent it a few minutes ago.. nothing yet.

tried here too, didnt come through

maybe for people who has NULL value in ther email address this email goes to eNom for archiving purposes and ICANN reports?

not sure though still waiting for eNom to reply

maybe. its an awfully long email though, for casual use.

yeah, but considering it's random and people can't copy/paste (atleast from whois.sc), i doubt too many will be using it!

scripts and programs doesn't know its random they just download the zonefiles and start mass whoising and copying everything has the @ sign
    i remember one registrar i think 000domains or another one not sure used to add special characters inthe email in the whois something like your%@%email.address , but then it was causing issues when people want to transfer their domain out and then they stopped it

It's likely designed to catch WHOIS bots. I'm guessing that when an e-mail is sent to that address, the requesting IP address is blocked from accessing the WHOIS server.

(e.g. yqh7pyx2pph4y is probably your IP address encoded in some way or another)

ajaspers, that would make sense, providing they had some way to decide whether it was spam or not.. otherwise my IP address is now blocked

Originally posted by DanX
    ajaspers, that would make sense, providing they had some way to decide whether it was spam or not.. otherwise my IP address is now blocked
    Did you send an e-mail to the address Bashar provided or one that you obtained from WHOIS yourself?

Bashar, can you check if you're blocked from eNom whois?

This is something new. I have observed the same thing
    Domain Maven

its not encoded from my IP, thats random changes from time to time which is a forward to somewhere not sure where.

no i haven't got blocked and i tried send an email nothing came to me nor anyone replied to me.