i need server advice
    i will go for new dedicated box
    it will host about 60 vbulletin account

i was about to order
    Dual Xeon 2.4
    2*75 scsi
    2 GB ram

but my sysadmin say it will be high load on this server

can u advice me to configure a good server to host 60 vbulletin forum with 50 - 100 user online on each one
    thanx in advanc

It's not wise to do this with 1 server alone. I would estimate that you would need 6 servers dedicated to running the databases and another 6 for the web content.

Well it all depends on the size of these forums, you will need more than one dual xeon ill tell you that.

Whats the average amount of users on each of these forums? how much bandwidth do they currently push out?

Originally posted by Intech
    Well it all depends on the size of these forums, you will need more than one dual xeon ill tell you that.

Whats the average amount of users on each of these forums? how much bandwidth do they currently push out?
    He mentioned 50 - 100 users online per each forum which comes to a total of 6000 user at peak times. That is going to require some serious hardware and bandwidth. I can't find the setup WHT runs on off hand, but I'm pretty sure it consists of 3+ machines alone.

many thanx
    50 - 100
    max is 100 in 5 or 8 forum
    but the rest is 50 , 60 max only in peak time

You might want to start off with a

Dual Xeon 3.0 +
    2-3 GB RAM
    SCSI HDs

and if it doesnt work out. Get another one and split the load into 2.
    Synergy Blue LLC
    SonataWeb.net | SynergyBlue.com
    USA should so something about: http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

I run a bunch of vBulletin forums.

If you want good performance, a single dual xeon with SCSI will manage around 600 concurrent users online. You can probably peak to 800 and still have a usable site, but you don't have a chance in hell of getting 6000 users on a single server.

Originally posted by Xenos
    He mentioned 50 - 100 users online per each forum which comes to a total of 6000 user at peak times. That is going to require some serious hardware and bandwidth. I can't find the setup WHT runs on off hand, but I'm pretty sure it consists of 3+ machines alone.
    I believe its 5+, but their a quiet about it

That one box won't do all that, if I were you I would split it up between two or three higher end servers. Using one server for web and one server for database (or a cluster, like WHT) wouldn't be very helpful, and would create more work then help for you. Split the forums up between a bunch of servers, youll be much better off.