Need some feedback on domain name(s)

Well I thinking of starting a Canadian email/webhosting company. I have a few domains available to me but not sure if I should use a .com or .ca. I'm thinking of going for the local small business market so a .ca would probably feel more appropriate but .com is still more recognized.

I have two domains currently and two more I cant mention as I let them expire a year ago.
    ethisithat.com
    and
    evolver.ca

I also have aperture.ca which I thinking of using for a webhost which caters to photographers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Arek

If you are looking to attract your local businesses, then the .ca would probably be most preferable. Maybe use both of them, advertise one locally and the other internationally, and have the .com automatically redirect to the .ca

Hope this helps.
    FrogJumper.com, Superb Cpanel Web Hosting.
    Excellent, High Paying Affiliate Program.

Originally posted by goodydomains
    If you are looking to attract your local businesses, then the .ca would probably be most preferable. Maybe use both of them, advertise one locally and the other internationally, and have the .com automatically redirect to the .ca

Hope this helps.
    Thanks

I really want to use this one ethisithat.com but could a potential customer see this set of words E This I That and think of a company that is just not serious or uncaring? Sort of a casual blah?

Yeah. ethisithat.com is not really suitable for commercial use. What's the meaning of that domain name btw?

Yeah, I really don't understand what that domain name means honestly. It would be useful if it was unique and it made sense, but you're missing one of the objectives .
    FrogJumper.com, Superb Cpanel Web Hosting.
    Excellent, High Paying Affiliate Program.

I personally would not go with that one. I think nobody could figure out what it means - or remember it, even if they did know what it meant.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress • Joomla • OpenCart • Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

i would register both to be honest... last thing you want is to decide in 6 months you want the other and find someone has taken it. if i was you, i would register both for sure.
    Note to self: Add something funny!
    Search is your friend!

Originally posted by goodydomains
    Yep, or brand the .com and have the .ca pointing up to the .com. That would also work.

I've always liked .com. It's the worldwide domain extension, and everything else is just secondary to it, imo - even local extensions.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    Yep, or brand the .com and have the .ca pointing up to the .com. That would also work.
    Will the sites be hosted in Canada or elsewhere? Is it important for you to have the sites appear in "pages from Canada" results?

One of the sites I maintain is for a local (Canada) business. It's on a US server, but it has a .ca domain, and it appears in search results for Canada.

For another site that's also on a US server (but with Canadian content), the domain is a .com one. The .ca domain with the same name points to the .com site, but this site doesn't appear in search results for Canada. If I had the .com domain pointing to the .ca one, the results would probably be different.

Lois
    "Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." – Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by foress
    Yeah. ethisithat.com is not really suitable for commercial use. What's the meaning of that domain name btw?
    Well its suppse to relate to Eletronic/Internet.

Kinda like all those sites/businesses that start with E and I in their names. Maybe its too 90's like where anything with E and I were the buzz words.

Well makes sense to me but if you guys dont get it I guess it probly wont work.

Thanks for all the replies. Will have to think about this a bit more.

Didn't mean to totally discourage you, though!

Keep in mind that just because no one here seems to understand it doesn't necessarily mean it's not a good idea. The best thing to do is to go with your gut feeling. Do you think clients would understand it? Do you think you could explain it Ok if they didn't understand it?

Remember, sometimes the majority is wrong.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress • Joomla • OpenCart • Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

Didn't mean to totally discourage you, though!
    No no man. That's why I asked. I can't learn if something might be a hit or miss with out asking.

The .com will always be recognized more than the .ca
    www.TnetHost.com
    Website Designs and Hosting Solutions

I wouldn't market an obscure .ca without owning and redirecting the .com as well.

Sometimes sites can be branded in ways that don't involve the rememberance of the domain name as much as others though...

Quote Originally Posted by TnetHost
    The .com will always be recognized more than the .ca
    This depends on your market.
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting