Phone systems. Any good ones?

I've searched WHT and I can't find a topic mentioning phone systems. I currently have a good 800 number with a phone company, but I want to get to something more advanced (with menus, etc.).

Vonage seems good, but I don't think they support the menus and such. I've seen some that are good before, but can't recall the names.

Anyone have any suggestions for a phone system (Voice Over IP preferred) that works well?

Called them, but they have to be your ISP for the VoIP to work.

That seems good, but I'd say it's more enterprise level than we need.

Well it really depends on what type of phone system your looking for.

I mean Avaya has some real nice ones, Toshiba as well has good ones.

Avaya as an IP office that works well with IP phones and such, so your whole phone system can be VoIP and do your voicemail and autoattendants and such, and can also do the menu's you wish.

But of course those are going to cost you some money, but you said phonesystem, not some private autoattendant some other company is providing and forwarding calls to you on.

Google TalkSwitch

asterisk???

I'm looking at http://www.virtualpbx.com/. They seem really good, anyone ever used them before?

if you are leaning towards ***X, then check out gotvmail

I've heard of them too, what makes them better?

This guy is very knowledgeable and may be able to help you with software, hardware or both.....
    www.stok.com
    -----------------------------------
    AmeriWeb Hosting
    One Stop Business Solutions
    AmeriWeb Hosting

While it's not voip, but Kall8 has a service called Auto-Attendant that is excellent. For about $50 to set up and something like $25 a month. It even sends the calls in a WAV file to an email address...

I recently signed up for a StanaPhone account.....one of the few that designate you an actual telephone number on signing up, and doubles up as a FAX.

Haven't used their services long enough to pass judgement.........seems OK so far.
    Attracted to Linux, dedicated servers with CentOS 7 and Virtualmin Pro, and Archlinux as a personal OS preference.

We use a combination of TollFreeExpress.com and StanaPhone.com for our phone system. TollFreeExpress allows us to have a toll-free number with a call menu, hold music, and other various features. We use StanaPhone to connect our employees worldwide to our phone system and accept faxes in an affordable (free) manner. This setup works flawlessly for us.
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

Quote Originally Posted by douglash
    I've searched WHT and I can't find a topic mentioning phone systems. I currently have a good 800 number with a phone company, but I want to get to something more advanced (with menus, etc.).

Vonage seems good, but I don't think they support the menus and such. I've seen some that are good before, but can't recall the names.

Anyone have any suggestions for a phone system (Voice Over IP preferred) that works well?
    I really recommend setting up an asterisk box. It has so much functionality and ease of use. There is a project called [email protected] from http://asteriskathome.sourceforge.net and you can even burn an iso, and let it install everything. There will be some lines of code to configure, but all in all it's a solid solution for a VOIP PBX.

-Steven
    http://www.insiderhosting.com
    BGP Blend of Telia, GTT, Zayo, and Cogent in One Wilshire, Los Angeles!
    True Definition of Managed Hosting
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Co-location

Quote Originally Posted by insiderhosting
    I really recommend setting up an asterisk box. It has so much functionality and ease of use. There is a project called [email protected] from http://asteriskathome.sourceforge.net and you can even burn an iso, and let it install everything. There will be some lines of code to configure, but all in all it's a solid solution for a VOIP PBX.

-Steven
    Out of curiousity, is [email protected] lacking any features/functionality of the full version?

I second the Asterisk recommendation. It's a very flexible piece of software and can save you money in the long run. Setup a Asterisk box and get a cheap toll free number. Kall8 is good, but there are cheaper no frills toll free ones that are about $0.02/min that use SIP or IAX to terminate the call directly to your Asterisk box.

Getting a Asterisk box installed was one of the best decisions we have made. We also converted the office to use Cisco IP Phones (7960Gs and some 7905Gs). This was half a year ago, and the system has worked flawlessly.
    Last edited by jasonkw; 10-30-2005 at 12:37 AM.

The Asterisk is your friend

Cheers,
    Beruska
    Flash Live & VoD Streaming solutions 4 All.
    RTMP, HTML5, RTSP

I'm really surpised that I haven't seen kall8.com in here. I use them and would highy rate them.
    PJT HOSTING - Drop on by.